When I say these things are integral to or are trademarks of my wardrobe, i really mean it.  If any of these 24 components were missing, my wardrobe would not be able to function and would die a horrid death.  These are things that are not necessarily fun and frothy but are like the cogs behind my wardrobe.  I’m really interested in what other people’s wardrobe mechanics consists of so, if you have a little time to do some quick picture searching on Google, please do send me your cogs of style and I will post them up (they will look oh so cool next to each other!).  Just to give you a few tips, I don’t mean things that inspire you or things that you want.  What I mean are things that you can’t live without on a dailly basis in your wardrobe, the things you use to glue everything together OR things that you consider trademarks of your style.  Looking forward to seeing your cogs!

What the pics represent….

Salvatore Ferragamo bow pumps, Jens Laugesen skinny trousers, Topman deep V cardigans, Uniqlo polo shirts and tanks

Jonelle cotton school tighs, big plastic buttons, berets, vintage elasticated belts with butterfly clasps

Vintage Burberry trenchcoat, Chanel black quilted tote, vintage slip dresses and skirts, vintage perfect cone heels

Falke tights, Zumreed headphones, interesting shaped skirts, leather ladies’ gloves

Converse leather lo-tops, dupion silk, side ponytail, Stella McCartney perfume

Flats, Anna Sui ring rouge, vintage sheer white petticoat skirt, costume jewellery

1. tricia says:

hi! i was inspired by this great post to make a post about my own style cogs, here:
    i’ve been reading for a while…love your blog! :) keep on keeping on.

2. Anonymous says:

hi are the jen leugesan pants expensive. would you be able to buy them for me? if so, then i email u, otherwise ti would be too depressing to drool over the pics!!! let me know, thanks so much.

3. anna says:

how do you keep your zumreed headphones from breaking? I’ve gone through 2 pairs and I can’t risk breaking anymore of them!

4. d says:

you have the cutest jewellery!

5. hui says:

hey there ^^
    greetings from singapore.. cool stuff u have!! ^^ wanna get a new pair of ferragamo ballets soon and is urs a VANA? it’s a real classic.
    i am always happy reading your posts, you dun really get much fashion junkies over here and i always seem to be out of place.. keep it up and have a good day!
    cheers,
    hui

6. fifteenfish says:

hey! i’m from Australia, your blog was recommended as one of the best Style Blogs by the Sydney Morning Herald (prominent newspaper), and damn straight, that is so true! i absolutely love your DIY section, really helpful stuff.

Tricia: I loved your post – so much more colourful than mine! Do you mind if I feature your images?
    I have two pairs of Laugesen pants – one I bought for £50 at a sample sale and one I bought for £200 at Selfridges. So if you did want them, I’d be looking at £200. Also, the ones in the pic are from a few seasons back but Laugesen does a few styles of skinny pants every season. I would really advise you to try them on before buying them via me though because the sizing is so erratic – I can be anything from an 6 to a 12 depending on the style of trousers. Having said that, they really are the best skinny pants (pants, not jeans!) I’ve ever had!
    Anna: The screw did come loose in the headband section but I just screwed it back in – other than that – I don’t bash them about too much!
    d: That jewellery isn’t actually my own – just something I found to illustrate my love of costume jewellery!
    Hui: Not sure what name my shoes are – exactly the ones in the pic above though! I have about 5 pairs in different colours.
    Fifteenfish: Glad you like the blog! Yes, I did see the SMH article…!

8. tricia says:

sure, you can feature the images if you like. :)

9. Sonja says:

Great stuff and a great idea for a post! I’ve made my own (linked above), though it’s not terribly extensive as my style is very basic. Perhaps I’ll make another accessories post later as I didn’t include any (other than shoes).
    Anyhow, I loved this post and really enjoy your blog!

10. hui says:

hihi bubble,
    thanks for ur reply! :) cool, u have 5 pairs of them! that must be VARA (i misspelt it previously).. it is the classic style! i will drop by Ferragamo tomorrow and see them in real ^_^
    BTW, STELLA is my staple too…
    cheerios!

11. cris says:

yay for stella perfume!

12. Michelle says:

I love reading ur blog and was inspired to do my own Style Cog
    ps. I can’t live without my Jackets, I own about five different suit jackets in Black(tux style), White linen, Pink(Retro Jones NY), navy Blue denim and a tan mao collar fitted jacket
    I love wide leg pants(eveyone looks good in them- in black and chocolate)
    Purses, I love bags and I really want a Anna Sui Lip Rouge Ring…I’m moving soon, so I’ll get it then

13. Anonymous says:

very cool. Good idea for a thread on TFS, too. (hint, hint)

14. Sarah says:

Great idea, Susie, I went ahead and did my own, too.

Keep ‘em coming guys….wow… very cool that you guys bothered to make one…thought I was the only saddo to do so… will devote a post to your wonderful ‘cogs’!

16. Jane says:

Do you really wear the Anna Sui Rouge ring? I think it looks cheap and resembles to much of a fashion victim if I start wearing it. I’m too embarrassed even to string it on a necklace.

Jane: What can I say? I like a bit of tack – I ain’t classy when it comes to jewellery ;)

18. watermelongirl says:

hahaha well if the anna sui ring is tacky then i am the queen of tack! i wear my ahem ‘replica’ of that ring from bangkok every single day, and i can’t even pretend it’s for the lip gloss since there isn’t any hehe! ;)

19. Anonymous says:

Funny, I live in Amsterdam and I own the exact same belt with the butterflybuckle..And don’t even know where I got it from..But I love it!

20. audrey says:

hey i was inspired by ur cogs of style and wanted to show everyone else my own cogs so here it is! http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/yamac/untitled.jpg
    1.shift dresses
    12.converse shoes
    13.short shorts
    14.ballet flats
    15.american apparel shirts
    16.bangles

21. jia says:

no I really don’t wear the ring, I just think its cute…

22. Anonymous says:

I got loads of jewelery that I never wear cause I never bother to put it on in the morning-quite a shame really…but I do love my lip gloss rouge ring…if I can steal it back from my four year old neice…she fell in love with it

23. Kiba says:

I couldn’t think of any cogs of my style right now because I’m in a transition period, but I did a retrospective on the couple of items I thought were key back when I was in high school at http://www.jossisahottie.com/ktddotnet/item-106.html and as soon as I find my new style I’ll let you know its cogs, too!

24. kangpo says:

Where did you buy the Zumreed headphone? Can I find it in Singapore??

25. avtomashin says:

Хочешь подрочить? Нет проблем :) Я открыл сайт бесплатным [url=http://egipet.cn]порно[/url]!!!
    Жду отзывы…

26. nike dunks says:

Vintage Burberry trenchcoat,love it most

27. Great news, I twitt this website

28. Very nice article, I think the best that I read until now. I agree with the author in majority of his things.
    -mikee

29. Very nice article, I think the best that I read until now. I agree with the author in majority of his things.
    -mikee

30. This site sounds amazing and appeals to the shoe addict in me. This site is indeed a value adding one。I was thinking about writing a post on this exact subject. Thank you.

31. I couldn’t think of any cogs of my style right now because I’m in a transition period,