• It was announced a while ago but wanted to say how happy I am to have been asked to select Dress of the Year 2013 at Fashion Museum in Bath. My choice was this @christopherkanestudio SS13 beauty.
  • Love this concertina beach scene print on @marios_official tote available at @therefineryhk now! #PMQIS
  • Congrats to my cousin @elizabethlauldn and her new shop @therefineryhk in the new PMQ building @PMQHKDesign #PMQIS much love for @BernstockSpeirs bunny ears!
  • Love that I always see the best pieces by Brit designers abroad @nicoll_studio @liger_hk
  • Swash land at @liger_hk Patterson St store #SwashLondon

I’m currently phasing into a state of disgustingly cheesy bliss in my personal life and and therefore right now when the sky is pink, it leaves me charmed with all sorts of things in a way that I might not have been beforehand.  Damn these rose-tinted heightened feelings!

I’m enjoying fluttering around in my vintage chiffon pink night cape immensely.  I’m feeling like there is not enough white lace garments in the world that can satisfy my love for the stuff.  The combination of some ribbons, diamond-cut perspex heels of those Viktor & Rolf shoes is magic.  The cut out white petals on this Clare Tough dress is deeply enticing.

I can’t seem to find anything to genuinely scathe about which is a tad worrying but if you’re after unabashed enthusiasm, then there’s pots of it, within this one post alone which probably makes this the cheesiest, gut-wrenchingly, barf-worthy post ever.

However bliss never lasts forever so be patient.  Allow me to harp on in a silly manner about fluttering chiffon and white lace here before the edge returns…

1. Gata says:

There’s nothing like frolicking cheerfulness, don’t be apologetic.

2. Birdie says:

Love those heels! I have a knock-off pair quite similar – got them in Tijuana.

3. eurobrat says:

blissful indeed.
    those shoes are extraordinary.

4. eurobrat says:

ok, am actually obsessed with the shoes now.
    so, so gorgeous!

5. meg says:

ooh does susie have a certain someone in her life?! hmm! Is that where all this bliss is coming from?!! ;)

6. Mandy says:

I implore you not to be so apologogetic about expressing your happiness. What’s so damn wonderful about misery and cynicism?
    I’m glad for you, whatever the souce of your joy may be.

7. Mandy says:

(um… please pardon the typo in my last comment.)

8. meg says:

She’s english don’t you know! Surely one cannot be a true Brit without possessing those qualities at least in some abundance, no matter how major or minor!

9. Ah, a happy Susie is always good! If it’s down to a special someone, we owe them a thank you. And white lace love is always good, only (and here’s where I’m going to rain on it) that Clare Tough dress might look better with its midriff in, as opposed to being cutout. But it’s nothing some layering won’t solve.

10. DJM says:

Clare Tough has a penchant for creating dresses with the midriff missing…unfortunate

11. Or wait, is the statement about personal bliss an April Fool’s joke? I’m hoping not..
    DJM: I saw the one on your site. I wonder if the girl has a stomach fetish.

12. ambika says:

I’m going to have another look around the vintage shop the next time I’m there. They always have night things (slips & bedcoats.) I’ll have to see if they have capes as well b/c it looks lovely on you.

13. Winona says:

I adore vintage night capes. Your pink one is gorgeous!