At the Rendez-Vous fashion designer exhibition (a WEALTH of information for any blogger into up and coming labels so definitely, you’ll be hearing me bang on about some of them later…), they humourously retorted to the Anya Hindmarch ‘I’m not a plastic bag’ phenonemon/farce with this canvas bag depicting a print of a Chanel 2.55.  Yes, the Chanel 2.55 CERTAINLY isn’t a plastic bag.  It’s a beautiful lambskin, slightly distressed quilted bag with tarnished silver hardware that frankly instills the most horrid kind of consumerist desire in me.  A definite poke at the Anya HIndmarch’s canvas bag which developed an ‘IT’ bag status.  Why go through all that trouble to get such an in-demand canvas bag (where the original message was lost along the way…) when you can invest in something that has no other pretentions other than it is what it is – a Chanel 2.55.  The canvas bag is of course useful as well…

1. that look very cute! but it’s not that hard to print a pic of a Chanel bag on a canvas white one, no?

2. Mrs Fashion says:

Reminds me of Magritte – very clever and funny!
    x

3. WendyB says:

My attitude is give me the Chanel bag and keep all these ugly canvas totes! It’s not like you can fit that much into them anyway. They’re good if you’re buying a few oranges and bananas or something.

4. Stevie says:

Those Anya H bags piss me off to know end.
    There’s a real smug-ness to them! It’s just a shame because the message is a really important one..
    But this is a very nice anti-dote! Dammmit, but its from Paris.
    Fancy taking orders, Susie?!
    S xx

5. Isabel says:

Wow, I want one!

Alas Stevie…. the Rendez Vous ppl wouldn’t give me another one when I asked…they recognised me and knew I had already taken one so sheepishly I had to skulk off…

7. Jordy says:

I WANT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ella darcy says:

ooh, I love it! wish I could get one! :)

9. Ryan says:

@ Diana
    Yeah it is straight from Magritte. Surrealism seems to be making a comeback at the moment. Even though it is quite cute it’s really derivative. I don’t think you’d ever really want to wear it walking around in the street.

10. Allison says:

http://www.shopstarstyle.com Shop Star Style has become the favorite stop for many celebrities and the who’s who in Hollywood. One trip to ShopStarStyle.com and you will be hooked. Looking for the hottest handbag at a discount price? It’s here. Looking for gifts for birthdays, weddings or someone you love? It’s here. Got to have that necklace you saw in In Style Magazine? It’s here. Where did Lindsay get that dress? Yes, at Shop Star Style. From bling to bluejeans, celebs like Jessica Simpson, Nicole Ritchie, Paris Hilton and Mischa Barton get their goodies here. Use code LUXURY for 25% off this Chanel bag!

11. brian says:

this is funny because it can be interpreted in many ways. you can see it as rosy, as per susie, or you can see it as i see it– “hey, how ridiculous are designer bags these days??” …..the chanel bag printed onto the tote appears to be patent…..which, basically IS PLASTIC…..i’ve seen the patent 2-55 at saks and let’s just say it’s certainly not worth $2000…but that’s another story. and this tote definitely is NOT that plastic bag.