My fascination with window displays isn’t limited to London.  Passing by Bergdorf Goodman yesterday, I was hit by the multitude of coloured post-its.  I could have just been inspired by the juicy colours alone and also the fact that post-its even come in such a variety of colours (I’m old fashioned…. I stick to yellow and yellow alone…).  But then take a step back, and of course the post-its take the shape of very famous people insteed (I just about managed to recognise all of them and congratulated myself for not being a complete numpty….).  To be honest, the clothes on the dummies aren’t inspiring but I really must look into the possiblity of creating a fabric post-it note dress which immediately sprung to mind after walking past this display.

1. maskedmannequin says:

hey..
    I wondered if you’d heard of this designer:
    pretty interesting stuff!

2. a lady says:

those are amazing…will have to take a look when I’m in town tomorrow. will I see you around the tents?

3. WOW! i wonder who did that…
    I recognize all of them too, but who is the third one?

4. enc says:

They don’t mess around at Bergdorf’s when they do window displays. What a cool post, thank you!

5. lady coveted says:

unfortunately, my entire life is orgainzed on post-its… and i’m thinking of taking a language course based on them too.
    really… its nice to see other inspired by these little square things.

6. Drusilla says:

The Post-Its all together look like one of those colourful LCD screens you get for video games. ..

7. WendyB says:

No wonder I can’t find any of the helpful notes I’ve written to myself.

8. angela says:

oo nice, i like the mona lisa. yes, the rodarte show was quite something wasnt it? i got a glimpse of it this morning before going to school and i was just dying to look through it properly all day.

9. Jill says:

I took me a while to realize that the post its actually made images. It’s a really cool display, must of taken a while and a half.

10. I really like the use of a normal, even mundane item and turning it into a work of art and something completely unexpected.

11. Carolina says:

They are pretty amazing windows. I saw them about 2 months ago in NYC.

12. Virginia says:

love this!
    i am so excited to find out more about the Gucci bash…
    RADICALPROPER.BLOGSPOT.COM

13. jesse says:

I walked by that last week quickly and thought of Apartment Therapy’s post-it posts…but I didn’t realize they were actually strategically placed!

14. …A postmodern ready made :-)

15. The Style PA says:

I love the creativity of some window displays. This idea is really original and definitely striking!

16. Top Bird says:

Wow, beautiful windows – and a really clever take on pixel art.

17. Rachel says:

That is certainly one creative, beautiful and lovely window. Its so bright and artistic, it really catches the eye while making the viewer come in to take a closer look
    Thanks for posting the pics :)

18. This made me nostalgic to be back in NYC…thanks for sending a little taste of home over here to Paris…

19. Alex says:

What is the third image of?

20. *flora says:

great store front. thx for sharing greets *FLORA

21. k says:

the person who did the post it looks a lot like
    the French artist Space Invader… only he uses rubix cubes. check it out: http://www.supertouchblog.com/2007/10/09/uklondons-space-invasion/#more-2968

22. modelizer says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one with the obsession. I shot them a few weeks ago when they first went up. Heck, my entire blog is dedicated to my obsession for store windows. Bergdorfs always has the most creative and the best. I don’t know how they do it weekly, it’s seriously amazing.

23. Ali says:

heh, I took a photo of the exact same window display to post on my blog. never got around to it, though, cause moving is crap. I took a few other window displays too (did you see the Mondrian-style windows at Henri Bendel?)

24. ambika says:

This reminds me of some of the art displays you see inside the downtown Anthropologie. They often have really impressive, abstract work there, which is so unexpected for a chain store.

25. Very clever windows! There is something obsessive about using a material such as post-it notes.

26. Similar to other types of insurance, an auto repair insurance policy is a contract between a vehicle owner and the car insurance company which puts the responsibility of repair bill payment.