• It was announced a while ago but wanted to say how happy I am to have been asked to select Dress of the Year 2013 at Fashion Museum in Bath. My choice was this @christopherkanestudio SS13 beauty.
  • Love this concertina beach scene print on @marios_official tote available at @therefineryhk now! #PMQIS
  • Congrats to my cousin @elizabethlauldn and her new shop @therefineryhk in the new PMQ building @PMQHKDesign #PMQIS much love for @BernstockSpeirs bunny ears!
  • Love that I always see the best pieces by Brit designers abroad @nicoll_studio @liger_hk
  • Swash land at @liger_hk Patterson St store #SwashLondon

Duskysun1Duskysun4_2 Love love love dusky sun…

But the non-airy fairy point of this post is trialling  the mid-calf-above-the-ankle length that I so want to wear on a regular basis.  Just belted up the floor length pleated slip dress and added a bit of shiny gold to hopefully charm the weather gods and make this sheer abundance of sunshine London is getting, stay for a little while longer…

When people ask do I REALLY dress the way I portray on Style Bbuble on a daily basis, the answer is of course no, with regards to Monday – Friday but once the shackles are lifted on the weekend, out comes the wardrobe to play…

Duskysun2 Duskysun3

Duskysun5

1. Hannah. says:

I’ve always wondered that. Love the new ”About” pic, you look lovely and not like a bruise at all, which is how I would look wearing black and blue.
    x

2. Margherita says:

I think it might need different shoes to really work.
    I’m jealous of your full length mirror. I have like a 3/4 mirror, and its really hard to take outfit pictures. Guess I need to find the tripod.

Alas… more delicate/dressy shoes wouldn’t make this outfit work for the daytime (traipsing about the high street etc…)
    …. tripods are v. cheap these days too but having a person to take your pics is better… hate self-timers….

4. miss woo says:

All the sun at the moment is making me mighty happy, I love the gold in your outfit that looks so pretty under the sunshine.
    Also, off topic question, why the Zara boycott?

5. Biba says:

Such a nice “new” Pic, is it my my impression or you look like Kate Bush in there?

6. Dustcakeboy says:

How Natasha Khan of you! Love the gold, Patrik Ervell and now this, has me utterly hooked.
    I’m drinking green tea with orange and lotus flower and poring over blogs, reminds me of your posts re: Matcha green tea and magazine-browsing!
    /DCB.

7. You look like a grecian goddess!
    I agree, being an observer can give you an upper hand. I’m usually a very good read of people.

8. catherine says:

You look like a Greek goddess! Was that you on Face Hunter?

9. Ingrid says:

This is completely off-topic, although I certainly commend you for finding your inner greek goddess so beautifully:
    I’ve fairly recently moved to the UK and am hoping to find what’s so far eluded me in my cold northern homeland: chic base layers that stand up to a wash or two. I wouldn’t insult you by saying my style is similar to yours, but I think we both need long-sleeve tops under statement pieces to get through the winter. What UK shop does the best sleeved, slim-fit tees that won’t fall apart if I look at them funny? You seem to be on top of everything in the UK fashion world, I thought you might be on top of this one as well.

10. Stephanie says:

Ooh, I’ve been wanting to experiment with that length after seeing the fall shows! Great outfit.
    By the way, how did you make that Balenciaga-ish dress a while back?

11. enc says:

About photos: your new “About” photo is fantastic. Your photos in this post are beautiful! Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

12. Secretista says:

Well, I guess it would be quite inapproriate for the office. I don’t know if you work in an office, but if you did, I don’t think your boss would approve of your lively and inspirational outfits.

13. Sushy_H says:

I love this outfit. I’m actually wearing something similar for my school’s IU Day.

14. FLEURETTE says:

You look fantastically quirky as always :D I love you Susie!

15. luv your new ‘about’ pic. dusky sun gives me a melancholic feeling.. this mask in the second pic is gorgz

16. Jill says:

I don’t usually appreciate that length, but I like the way you’ve done it.

17. coco says:

that looks so pretty
    i would so wear it

18. beautiful outfit!
    it looks very much like the “new” bohemian style. :) carefree yet polished
    xoxo

19. Anonymous says:

wow…that light,
    absolutely beautiful.
    i love your outfit!!

20. Anonymous says:

wow…that light,
    absolutely beautiful.
    i love your outfit!!

21. bronwyn says:

Very nice outfit, I love the gold accents and espeially the headband takes it to the next level.

22. I like the last picture!
    very good photography..
    may I ask what camera you use?
    also the new avatar picture is cute!!

23. Linda says:

wow, maybe I should start taking hints from photographs. you pull it off amazingly…

24. valuska says:

Fab ensemble, v. Theda Bara!

Secretista: Ho ho ho…actually, my office are quite tolerant…
    Ingrid: I’d recommend Uniqlo!
    Miss Woo: There’s something about the store that really irks me… the very BLA-tant way that every item has a catwalk reference… I know the same can be said about other high street stores too…. but Zara does it in a very obvious way….
    I’m trying to ban myself from the high street altogether which is proving difficult…
    Stephanie: I wore a puffball miniskirt and a boned corset top under a floral dress and then tucked the hem of the dress into the puffball of the miniskirt and did more nipping and tucking to mould it into a Balenciaga-ish shape…