• Close up of @_dion_lee_ skirt and #ToBeAdored shirt from @sister_tokyo
  • Chased after Brunie here up Hollywood Road. Just because.
  • Thanks to @mrstreetpeeper for tip off about designer sale at top of Times Square. Scored this Junya Watanabe jacket for £150!!! #bargain
  • Insta thank you to @andotherstories and @mrstreetpeeper for putting a bit of spring in my step
  • Retro Hong Kong caff interior at Matchbox Cafe

As I am preparing myself for an important meeting today that could potentially take me in a direction that I could never have imagined for myself four years ago when I was dawdling around trying to finish essays on 18th century British colonialism, I decided to stand back and take stock for a while.  The people that really know me will know that I’m not ONE thing or the OTHER and my greatest fear is that people first meeting me will form a certain opinion and stick with that.  How to tell someone you’re many things in the space of 10 minutes?

Well, I suppose I could tell someone I’m many things by clashing a bajillion different styles in my outfit, which is what people who have been reading the blog will know me for and supposedly, Susie is all about the layers, the clash and the mess.  So to put myself in good stead for today, I decided to cut back and clean up a bit, cleansing the palette as it were.  Of course, even my simple outfits aren’t ever going to be perfect nor even pretty.  But then those two P’s were never going to be in my DNA.  Falling into one pigeon hole and staying there is a terrible thing in my eyes and whilst it may seem a bit schizo to some, it actually gives me the jeebies knowing that people think that I’m into CERTAIN things and that’s IT.  I like options, openness and fluidity.  Nothing is finite afterall…

A tune that I’m keeping in my head to again, put me in good stead…

Au – RR vs. D

Don’t worry, I’ll snap out of ‘Dear Diary’ mode as soon as this day is over…

Img_2172 Img_2182

Sheer white gauzey top from Hong Kong, Topshop  Boutique black double layered racerback top, Ozbek navy sheer skirt w/ ruched panel, navy satin ballet pumps

Img_2205 Img_2215

Ann Demeulemeester wheat biker jacket, H&M grey tulle tiered top, American Apparel leggings, vintage black patent strappy sandals

Img_2218 Img_2220

Balenciaga jacket, Free People grey jersey sweater top, vintage slip skirt, bStore blue metallic sandals

Img_2234 Img_2236

Acne black dress, Sam Edelman boots

Img_2244 Img_2245

Uniqlo grey menswear cotton cashmere jumper, Jens Laugesen navy satin panelled trousers, Topshop Unique shoes

Img_2250 Img_2251

Burberry trenchcoat, Jens Laugesen white deconstructed shirt, Suzuya cream pleated skirt, Prada silver flats

1. sophicat says:

great outfits. you have your special style (often very inspiring for me), so often i wouldnt wear your outfits (i think you know what i mean-i just have another style when i have even one…)but this pictures are really cool.
    will you tell us, what this big deal is today? im toooo curious and want to know what my favorite bloger-girl is doing!
    i wish you luck. i like your “dear diarys” mode!

2. Luce says:

eep these outfits are wicked! especially the one with the panelled pants. And that Acne dress is fucking amazing. wait, ALL of these outifts are great. good luck!

3. wow your red lipstick caught my eyes!!! love all the outfits esp the beige pleated skirts.

4. Maia B says:

I love you susie
    good luck
    Love the 2nds and the 3rd !! Can you take a closer snap from the Balenciaga coat?

5. Viviane says:

wow ‚ô• i really love your clothes!! i am jealous now :D

6. raq says:

good luck! and i sense the job has something got to do with fashion…
    anyway love the first, third and last outfit!

7. And I thought you said that make-up doesn’t love you? That Red Lippy is the bees knees on you. I love all of these looks. You look polished, stylish and intriguing. Knock ‘em dead. :)

8. Charlotte says:

Good luck for your important interview! But more importantly tell us what you wear…my favourite outfit is the second one.

9. meredith says:

killer biker jacket! i hope your meeting goes well. here’s a little adage i always repeat to myself when i’m nervous about what others will think of me:
    if they don’t like you, then they don’t know you…
    if they know you and don’t like you, then they don’t matter
    show them what you’re made of and good luck!

10. Drusilla says:

The red lipstick really is a great look on you (I speak as a recent convert to the ways of the red lip). They’re all fab outfits, and whichever one you choose will never be more important than the girl inside them- you have a way of ‘Susie-fying’ clothes :). And hey, ‘Dear Diary’ mode isn’t a bad thing..

11. Drusilla says:

Though my personal biases and recent cravings would say ‘wear the pleated skirt’, cause I love the look of it :)

12. a lady says:

oooh the last one. I love the last one. (I love all of them, but the last just looks fresh with the light palette…)

13. anon says:

As much as I love your wackier outfits, I really think these outfits are my favorite of any you have posted. They are really stunning and inspiring. I personally have found that it is harder for me to dress with a more subtle touch while keeping it interesting at the same time, and these outfits are a perfect example of that. May I ask what style Burberry trench that is? Good luck!

14. mica says:

Amazing outfits! Still being yourself, which I love seeing! :)
    So many favorites there – but I must say the second one is just incredible.
    Hope you have a great meeting, whatever it’s about :)

15. Claire says:

Wow. Great looks Susie! I am coveting your D.M. biker jacket and your J.L. satin panel trousers.

16. Natty says:

The second one is the best I think. Knock em dead!

17. selina says:

you may have cut back but these outfits are just as interesting as your super layered ones because they highlight how intricate and beautiful your clothes are! not just anyone could have picked these out and put them together. i love all the looks, you look like you could work at french vogue!

18. Anonymous says:

hey, here’s something you probably didn’t know but the etymology of jeebies. jeebies comes from heebie jeebies, which comes from hebrew-jew.
    i’m sure you didn’t mean to be derogatory.
    p.s. love the sheer over the halter!

19. Denise says:

I have just added you to my ‘People who most inspire me’ list – awesome looks. Love, love, love.
    Good luck today, Susie!

20. Susan says:

I know what you mean, I hate to be defined by one look. Your outfits are amazing, of course. It would be impossible not to like you!

21. a. says:

SUSIE YOU LOOK TERRIFIC! These outfits really hold tight to your SUSIE-NESS (not the adjectives that you mentioned, but the real you-ness that is present in all your outfits) but you look mature and honed down. there is something to be said for going whole-hog, of course, but in these you finally look like you are wearing the clothes without the clothes wearing you (a terrible old cliche but there’s always some real truth in them, i’n't there?)

22. rat pack says:

why don’t you ever wear trousers?! those navy satin panelled trousers are divine… and you look fantastic in them!

23. Susie, I love the first outfit. It’s superb. Which one did you go for?
    I ahve linked you please stop by my blog: http://the-search-for-chic.blogspot.com/
    and do the same if you like what you see.
    Xx

24. Stephie says:

for some reason, the pictures look way better in this post – either a change in camera or perhaps the good sunlight?
    Loving all the looks, and I give up trying to figure out the form/cut of your Balenciaga jacket and instead just acknowledge it to be some form of ‘work of art’!

25. Jeanne says:

I love all of them! I particularly like the last look with the trenchcoat — it’s so classic, but still deconstructed and awesome. That and the biker jacket/tiered top look are my favorites. Something about those light-colored coats! And I agree with Selina — it really highlights your eye for excellent pieces, and your mix of designer/high street.
    Go get ‘em!!

26. Sabrina says:

I like pared back Suzy and crazy Suzy. They’re both you. The best way to tell people that you are different things is with your words. As in, if you have a short conversation with them, they will realize that you are not simply one thing because your personality is bound to come out through the way you speak.

27. sheryl wong says:

i like the 3rd and last look the best…the last one is elegant!

28. Emily says:

My favourites are the 2nd, 4th and 6th. Love them all though. Good luck with the meeting and everything!

29. lady coveted says:

ooh i rather like the first two… the more refined look with a wicked twist. excellent. i also love the music acompany…
    good luck! i’m sure it will go swimmingly well!

30. hoyan says:

i always love your outfits but these are really, really genius. good luck susie!

31. clover says:

i love your acne dress

32. meg says:

Good luck – though of course I’m sure you don’t need it. I’ve noticed more and more you’ve been cutting certain things out and refining them and of course since it fits in with my own aesthetic I think it’s great! haha seriously though love all the outfits, they are fab and interesting and I’m so dead curious to know how to went so I want more dear diary style posts!

33. secret diary says:

good luck with your big opportunity.
    that acne dress is gorgeous!

34. I think your outfits are PRETTY and PERFECT. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really am liking the very first one. Good luck with your interview.

35. Mandy says:

Good luck at your meeting!!

36. mgw says:

All I can say is wow! . . . and a favourite? Well, that’s a bit like your dilemma of not wanting to be pigeon-holed as I think each reveals perfectly a different aspect of you (including the Acne dress which is about as “cleansed” as we’ve ever seen you and hence, another facet emerges). All of them say confidence with a very light touch. If they’re deserving of you they’ll be smart enough to see that, whichever you choose.

37. Giselle says:

these are great!sometimes simpl goes along way, though it’s hard for me to stop putting clutter on myself too. I love those strappy sandles in the second outfit…very cute.
    I tried finding those damn pants (the black lame ones) that I’v wanted forever at american apparel. I finally had the money, and they didnt have them!!! I ended up buying some spandex ones..but their just not the same :-(
    <3<3<3
    -Giselle

38. rollergirl says:

The Acne dress is ace! V intrigued as to what you’re up to. Good Luck Susie!

39. connie says:

wow -i have been a long time reader but never really leave a comment. i am always impressed with how you layer your clothes – and before i started reading your blog – i am forever wearing clothes as they are – never layered anything. i now layer a little, be a little more brave with colors. you have a way of making the clothes different and unique, even if it may be something that’s mass produced from h&m or topshop (we don’t have that in NA) and these combinations – i absolutely love how you put a twist to each of the outfit making it simple yet unexpected. absolutely fabulous!

40. enc says:

You look brilliant, as usual. People pigeonhole because they need to do it for themselves, not because you need to be put someplace.

41. Hebden says:

I was going to say “Good Luck” and then I realized that the day was over with you so, instead, I’ll say “Hope everything went incredibly well”.

42. Isabel says:

Wow, i love these pics. You remind me of Roisin Murphy.
    much love.

43. iron chic says:

I like “Simple Susie.” But I’m a simple gal myself….the black cut-out dress is nice.

44. j says:

Well c’mon Bubble, what was the meeting?

45. T says:

hope your meeting went well. I too struggle with handling other people’s perceptions. Esp. in the work place where its easy to get lost in casual work wear. nice to see you are having fun, even at work:)

46. kim says:

I really love these outfits too, especially 1, 2 and 5 I would totally see myself wearing too, very inspiring, thank you! After seeing your biker jacket, I think I am going to go to the Demeulemeester stock sale after all. I hope the meeting went well!

47. miss woo says:

Okay, I really need to start wearing those AA leggings on their all. And hopefully everything went well!

48. the pics here are very nice..somehow the color tone is different than usual….good luck my Susie…love your outfits as usual :)

I’m literally overwhelmed. Thank you so much for all the good luck wishes – truly!
    As for the meeting…. obviously I can’t yet reveal the details but hopefully in due course…all I can say is that it was v. important and yes – fashion-related.
    I THINK it went terribly but I’m rubbish at gauging these things.
    I knew some of you would react more positively to these ‘simpler’ outfits. It’s great that ppl picked up that the outfits are still ‘me’ though. It might also be that I am getting that bit older and probably refining things a little.
    Thanks for all the comments but I’ve noticed the Acne dress is a bit of a fave. It should come out to play more often but I’m a wee bit conscious of the tightness of it….
    Rat Pack: It’s not that I don’t like trousers but they don’t like me! Buying them is a pain but I know a Jens Laugesen pair will always fit me well so I’ll stick to those…
    Stephie: Yes, the sun is finally out!
    Giselle: The AA online store should have the leggings you want

50. ELP says:

amazing outfits

51. I dig the Ann D jacket, acne dress, Jens Laugesen trousers, and the last outfit overall.
    And cute song too.

52. Thom Wong says:

Very late to this particular party…
    1. What a collection of photos – and yes, there are many sides to Miss Bubble.
    2. All the best. I have my OWN ideas as to what the meeting may be about (and if you’ve mentioned it somewhere in these comments I’m sorry, but I didn’t read all 63 of them). Good luck!

53. y says:

Wow! I love everything that you’ve put together on this post. Totally inspiring. “Cleansing the palette..” Touche!

54. Lola says:

What everyone is doing. And with the same “style”.

55. YOU LOOK SO GORGEOUS in these pics. Super Splendid!

56. juliAM says:

okay, i am full on IN LOVE with the leggings/grey tiered top/ wheat biker jkt look. i think i can come close to replicating it. you look amazing.

57. MizzJ says:

Love that biker jacket! Well, you may think it went horribly, but how can anyone looking at your outfits, and reading your blog, not think you would be awesome in a fashion-related job?! They would be fools not to hire you straight away.

58. Hailey says:

I am really loving these looks, saved this post in faves ;-)

59. tommy says:

The Suzuya skirt cracked me up since it’s an OL uniform staple!

60. Anonymous says: