• It was announced a while ago but wanted to say how happy I am to have been asked to select Dress of the Year 2013 at Fashion Museum in Bath. My choice was this @christopherkanestudio SS13 beauty.
  • Love this concertina beach scene print on @marios_official tote available at @therefineryhk now! #PMQIS
  • Congrats to my cousin @elizabethlauldn and her new shop @therefineryhk in the new PMQ building @PMQHKDesign #PMQIS much love for @BernstockSpeirs bunny ears!
  • Love that I always see the best pieces by Brit designers abroad @nicoll_studio @liger_hk
  • Swash land at @liger_hk Patterson St store #SwashLondon

Miumiutee

I’m not really into buying t-shirts for the sake of a name or a designer.  A t-shirt is a t-shirt and no muhamba jahamba is going to persuade me to loosen up the pursestrings bigtime for a tee.  However, I am going for exceptions and if wearing Liselotte WatkinsMiu Miu SS08 illustrations on a satin blouse/dress is a little too much due to the heavily lined, strong colours of Watkins’ style, then perhaps a t-shirt might be a more versatile option.  By ‘too much’, I’m also referring to the cost and the tees, whilst hardly a ‘snip’ (is it just me who gets really irked by magazines that say ‘Just a snip at ¬£100!’?), ¬£90 (available from May as part of a limited edition t-shirt set) for a whole lotta illustration on a t-shirt is not completely bewildering.  Plus, the illustration covers the t-shirt quite a bit as opposed to having just a woefully small illustration on the boobage area, which is most pleasing…

However I’m probably going to hold out for the other kind of Miu Miu ‘tea’ action…as in tea cup heels… a few more weeks and they’ll be in my possession, oh yes, oh yes…

1. kim says:

I love those tea cup heels! But they are sadly way beyond the outlines of my shoe-budget :/ I’d love to see them on you though :)

2. Sarah says:

Wow those heels are stunning! Can’t wait to see the pictures of them. You’re right about the magazines with ‘just a snip at ¬£100′ how much do they think the majoirty of their readers earn?

3. Cate says:

hey susie
    ‘Just a snip at ¬£100!’ – yeah i get irritated by that too. i wasn’t so impressed by that circus-y miu miu collection, but i CAN’T WAIT!!!!! to see the shoes on you.
    Cate

4. Pam says:

That shirt is great- shoes seem to be turning more and more into fantasies and works of art. Those make me want to dress up as Alice in Wonderland (or maybe the Dormouse). And yeah, I’d hate to see someone who actually followed all the financial (read: spending) advice espoused by fashion magazines.

5. Dee says:

“muhamba jahamba”… Hee!

6. Expensive Tshirts are getting out of control esp in Australia where Tshirts are a must. Just a snip at ¬£100 – just a bit silly me thinks (that’s a Suzisim)

7. Laia says:

Those teacup heels are MADE for you. I cant wait to see you rock them!

8. Oooooh, yes!
    I’m drooling over the Miu Miu teacup heels too.
    And I saw a woman in Florence wearing that Miu Miu tee brilliantly, with a layered skirt and high high boots and colored tights.

9. Jeanne says:

Gosh I love those teacup heels. I’d probably be boring and buy them in black, but I already have so many black shoes, it would be a shame at the same time… I also really love the white ones with the blue trim… probably because I love blue and white teacups!
    I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

10. miss woo says:

A ‘snip’ at 100 pounds seems to pushing it a bit far! Despite how much I love Miu Miu..
    Am very much looking forward to your tea cup heels (outfit post please?)

11. Hannah* says:

I really want those shoes! Can’t wait to see them!

12. Likky says:

In Taiwan, Miu Miu created 50 limited edition purses with that same illustration! You can see the pics on my blog. I highly doubt I would carry the purse, but the tee is not a bad idea! :)

13. selina says:

so tempting! little things like this should come more often (but not too often), it’s great to sample the label of cheaper.
    also, omg the tea cup heels, no way! they’re heavenly!!

14. winnie says:

I do love Lislotte watkins (I based some work on her for a-level back in the day) and this little t-shirt is so tempting, but alas the ¬£90 pricetag makes me reconsider…

15. floraposte says:

Thank you for being into fashion and financially realistic! When you look at magazines like Grazia or Vogue pointing out the season’s must have’s and then you choke when you see the price (there were shoes for ¬£1700 in Grazia last week) you can only wonder which parallel universe they live in!
    Though yes the Miu-Miu shoes are completely lust-worthy. Well-wear!

16. poppy lee says:

oooh my celeste stein harlequin tights arrived today, after over a month’s wait.
    could definitely see them working with one of these t-shirts… don’t think my bank balance would agree so much though

17. enc says:

I like those shoes, they’re definitely worth waiting for, and worth about a zillion t-shirts.

18. Rachel says:

The shoes are sent from shoe heaven ;)

19. jess says:

I’ve been looking for those shoes for ages! are they available in the UK anywhere yet? Did you order them from Saks?

Jess: I plan on buying them from the Miu Miu store on Bond Street…. but a last resort would be using Saks.

21. mica says:

Yep. Much better saving up for the shoes than the tee I think :) Mind you, I’ll splurge on bags that cost 5 times more than the rest of my outfit combined. hehe.
    Would be great to see how you wear the shoes when you get them.