Futclasdress

Discovering the multiple facets of a Future Classics garments is part and parcel with the brand and though their interesting use of grey, navy and a whole lot of deconstruction is what I’d usually opt for, it was a challenge to see if I could work this Future Classicsx tie dye double frill adapted T dress from Standard Deviation from the SS08 collection.  Whilst the garment is completely hand dyed to achieve the blues, greens, purples all merging into each other, it’s still a whole lot of tie dye and whilst it doesn’t look like yer’ average ‘boho/bobo’  affair, with the ruffles and the oversized-ness, it could easily fall into that category.

So to get it as far away as possible and to also play around with it as per the ritual with all Future Classics clothing… (and yes, I’m wearing glasses not as a fashion statement but as an ‘eyes-need-break-from-contact-lenses’ thing…)…

…with the stompin’ Pierre Hardy x Louise Goldin ankle boots…

Futclas1

…with the black lame leggings and a bit of Ann Sofie Back fishnet…

Futclas2

…with a lot of mixed printing/signals going on courtesy of Jonathan Saunders and KTZ…

Futclas3

…with a Topshop cropped metallic pink biker jacket and some Finsk grey tie up sandals…

Futclas4

1. evie says:

love the dress on you. my fave outfits are the first two!

2. headmistress says:

love the last look especially! and glasses look really good on you!

3. Bravo! Great photos – love the looks minus the mix prints/signalling! Quite harsh on the old eyes!
    Glad the Pierre Hardy shoes look so fab and love the metallic biker jacket.

4. Bravo! Great photos – love the looks minus the mix prints/signalling! Quite harsh on the old eyes!
    Glad the Pierre Hardy shoes look so fab and love the metallic biker jacket.

5. V says:

I agree, the last look with the biker jacket is lovely! and yeah, those glasses do really look good on u!

6. Olivia says:

hey i loved the looks you showed us especially the one with the funky black tribal looking sandals.. looks great on you!!
    i came across this blog, thought u might be interested seeing your interest in fashion ,its new and un-polished.
    but i could be wrong..
    keep posting!!

7. Sarah says:

The dress looks great with the Pierre Hardy boots, its not boho at all.

8. raq says:

i love the one with the printed tights and print dress underneath! i’ve been on a colour craze lately where i just wear all possible colours i can find. though most people haven’t been too pleased with those outfits…

9. a dreamer says:

hello,
    i think you should wear your glasses more often. They’re really cute. Is it just me or do you look ultra smart in them?
    i really love the colours of the dress. To me, it doesnt look very in your face tie dye. Its somewhat softer. very pretty.

10. ivoreece says:

I like your first outfit :)

11. Cheryl says:

Hey!
    You’ve managed to pull the dress off very well I’d say so well done as it does look rather tricky to work with.
    I’m loving the first and last looks best.
    x

12. Giselle says:

ooohh…I really like this one! Especially with the lame and fishnet combo. And though I hate watercolor inspired/girly/colorful pieces I could totally see myself wearing this! Good job :-)

13. Anna says:

you pull it off! seeing the dress on you really shows how to make it wearable. love the first and last look best, but like all four.

14. selina says:

i bet the dress floats on the wind so great!

15. sopchan says:

ooh i almost thought your JS and KTZ were one lovely lovefoxx style unitard! :)

16. Mer says:

that dress is special, maybe is the color, I don’t know…
    I love your shoes!!

17. love Future Classic. My friend used to work at their studio as a pattern cutter

18. miss woo says:

The dress is beautiful, looks more like water colours than tie dye!

19. lady coveted says:

wow… that dress is absolutely stunning on you!

20. WendyB says:

Love it with the crazy tights.

21. Laia says:

Where did those leggings in the third picture come from? They are fantastic!
    And I never tire of seeing those Louise Goldin/Pierre Hardy heels. I am so in love with them.

22. Pamcasso says:

I’ve been craving tie-dye for some reason. love it with the louise goldins.

23. lovefashion says:

I love that dress!! They have really great ones at shopgoldyn.com..you should definitely check it out!!

24. floraposte says:

I like the way you are creating different looks with the one garment but I can’t say that I really like the dress itself. The colours probably look soft and pretty in real life but to my mind it just looks a bit drab in the photos.

Me thinks my crap pics are making the dress look drab more than anything…. ah…for shame on my shit pics…

26. the_kitten says:

to judge by the minimized eyes through the glasses I guess you are almost as short-sighted as I am, which is -8,5, haha. Go blind Asian girls!

27. KD says:

Wow! You are so creative and manage to keep the dress from straying into generic boho; you make it absolutely wonderful!

28. meg says:

really really superb. Love all your looks. I also love you wearing your glasses with them. It creates an interesting dimension that helps scale things back in an interesting way (I hope this makes sense!). I also love those ‘tribal’ balenciaga looking sandals.

29. Shen-Shen says:

I love the first and the lost.. This look is one of my favorites!

30. Violetwired says:

For a dress with such riotous tie die it is surprisingly subtle. I love garments that allow you to pick up on a variety of colors.

31. jo says:

ooh those ankle boots seem to have been matchmade with the dress! gorgeous

32. Thom Wong says:

Just chiming in to say – glasses = yes. More glasses.

33. mww says:

i love the last way you wore it with the jacket!

34. Girl Harry says:

The last combo works best I think, and I agree with the earlier comment of your glasses looking gooooood : )
    The tie die is perfect !! the cut of the dress saves it from being boho.
    (I just bought some white cheep monday jeans, and this is clearly what needs to be done to them !!)

35. Carissa says:

absolutely fantastic!

36. winnie says:

Wow love the dress, the first is my fave!

37. Austere says:

Great job dehippieing it! I really like it with the mixed prints.

38. great cut, it looks great w/the pierre hardy’s and the pink topshop. also must say it’s a really good tie-dye, which is hard to find.

39. Angie Tien says:

the dress looks fantastic on you

40. 5avenuemarceau says:

You are so much braver than I, I passed on the dress thinking I could never ‘work’ it out, although my colouring is tricky with things that might veer towards boho.
    All the looks are great but my those pierre hardy boots were made for that dress!
    xx

41. Loula says:

you know as much as i love natural, fabrics etc i just can’t get excited about tie-die, but…. with the stripy tights it looks rather fabulous
    well done for making it look even remotely glam.

42. I just love the soft drape and gentle swimmingly mottled colors. So grand.

43. enc says:

If anyone can stop tie-dye looking too crunchy, it’s you.
    I’ve never seen you in your specs. Very nice!

44. i liked the dress with the leather jacket!

45. MHBass says:

love it with the pierre hardy and louise goldin boots, you’ve already got so much great wear out of those!

46. this dress is- “I WANT IT!” the fabric, the BIG scoop collar with those layers of gathers. oh my goodness!

47. Elysia says:

i love that type of tye-dye. and, of course, it looks so great on you!