Did anyone who received this London Fashion Week roundup newsletter cringe a little at the summary of quotes page…

Lfwsummary

I’m all for the positivity for London Fashion Week but the phrase ‘laying it on a bit thick’ comes to mind… it’s almost like there’s this DIRE need to strongly justify LFW but for me, something like this has the effect of reaffirming the general consensus, which is that LFW is the poor relation to Paris/Milan with the lashings and lashings of VIP quotes…  not a personal opinion of mine but things like this don’t help the cause, in my opinion…

1. MHBass says:

absolutely, i think the clothes should speak for themselves. and for me, they certainly do – i’m probably weird in that lfw is the only fashion week i really pay attention to!

2. Imelda Matt says:

corr blimey!!! This is the kind of self serving shite that’s dished up after Australian Fashion week. If LFW is the poor relation to Milan/Paris then Sydney must be the pimply faced shelf packer at the local Coles (Tesco)!!!

3. enc says:

I didn’t receive it, but I would have cringed, and I’m not even talking about what’s being quoted. I’m reacting to the layout! Talk about font overload.

4. Drusilla says:

Heck, even if you say London’s the poor relation, at least it’s SOME relation- I’m all for spreading awareness of other fashion weeks, and some are really promising, but for the most part the ones that happen in my country are shite.
    Though I’m with you- that collection of quotes is cringe-making, all right.

5. Meeshy says:

i think this is a case of “trying too hard” gone a little bit wrong…

6. anna says:

I have to say–I think LFW speaks for itself. Yes, Paris, yes Milan…but no one does witty, avant garde, edgy like the Brits. At least that’s the way it looks from SF.

7. evie says:

to me, it’s a little like patting oneself on the back, while simultaneously reassuring oneself that it’s still matters. haha. yet, lfw’s something i look forward to everytime. what i’d give to attend even one of the shows

8. lady coveted says:

yeah i suppose this does go against the culture of british subtlety… you know london has a very different and equally beautiful personality though, and where it lacks in big name established houses, it makes up in young talent.

9. LFW doesn’t deserve to be compared to Paris FW or Milan FW.
    It does speak for itself. It’s more like a breeding ground for emerging talent over that much hyped multi-million worth fashion houses who can show easily show crap and still sell.
    And last but not the least, LFW can only get more and more exciting. :)

10. G-G-Govan says:

how the hell do you afford these items? are you not a student lol? i’m jealous