• Fashion Revolution Day begins @fash_rev Will be asking throughout the day - who made your clothes?  Hope everyone joins in! #InsideOut (pic via @gettyfashion)
  • It was announced a while ago but wanted to say how happy I am to have been asked to select Dress of the Year 2013 at Fashion Museum in Bath. My choice was this @christopherkanestudio SS13 beauty.
  • Love this concertina beach scene print on @marios_official tote available at @therefineryhk now! #PMQIS
  • Congrats to my cousin @elizabethlauldn and her new shop @therefineryhk in the new PMQ building @PMQHKDesign #PMQIS much love for @BernstockSpeirs bunny ears!
  • Love that I always see the best pieces by Brit designers abroad @nicoll_studio @liger_hk

Gosh, the beauty category of this blog is so short, old and mouldy, i almost forgot it existed.  Well, i’ve already explained why that is at length but you know, sometimes I get crazy notions in my head.  I go from having a fear of make-up in general and not wearing any most days to suddenly wanting quite whimsical fancies…such as these Viktor & Rolf for Shu Uemura false lashes.  Why I’m possessed by them, I haven’t a clue!  My experience with falsies isn’t great.  The eyelash glue frightens the hell out of me and when I try to apply them, they fall off within five minutes.  This is the beauty pattern I have fallen into which quite frankly is scary for prospective people seeing me.  I’m sans make-up one minute and the next, a coat of Barry M lilac lipstick has been smeared onto my lips.  It’s all or nothing.  So whilst, i may not have any elaborate eye-make up to go with these lashes, I’d wear the paper clip ones in a flash and plan on taking a trip to Shu Uemura to get a poor assistant to help me put them on (I say ‘poor’ because they will never have had the misfortune of encountering a beauty numpty as dumb as me….).  At ¬£50 a pop, they ain’t cheap but come on…they’re paper clips, on huge lashes…!

Vrsulashes

1. yuki says:

It is splendid blog. I am studied.
    Please link to this site!

2. I’m so glad you posted about these – I saw them a while back but had completely forgotten about them. Being male I’m not likely to walk down the street in them (maybe out in the east??!), but I would love to use them for styling purposes! GENIUS from V&R again. Cx

3. Becky says:

Obviously, I’m well into them. I also entirely support a schizoid approach to make-up. I love the idea of looking striking either because you’re completely bare or because you’re blazing with colour.
    Also — and I found this disproportionally exciting — you and this site were namechecked and recommended by the fashion editor of Elle during the Graduate Fashion Week education talk. I felt so proud!
    Becky.

4. tommy says:

I’d really like to see this in real life. Looks amazing. I wonder if the third pair down would be too heavy for eyelids to hold up. Anyway I’m useless at eyelash glue as well.

5. Jennifer says:

Oh! They’re just beautiful.
    And Susie, if that’s your take on beauty, you should cock a snook at Angela Carter’s essay on cosmetics and playfulness called (off the top of my head, hopefully right) ‘A Scar to the Face’.
    J

6. Sarah says:

These are very cool, I’ve never tried to put false eye lashes on before and I’ve heard its quite difficult. If someone was to do it for me I’d say its worth a go.

7. EJ says:

I saw this and fell in love… but ¬£50?? Combined with my complete cack-handedness with falsies, my heart is broken.

8. WendyB says:

Those are hilarious.I love false eyelashes. If you can’t put them on yourself, any makeup artist can do it.

9. kirsty lee says:

i’m quite all or nothing with make up myself. usually nothing. and i LOVE these. ¬£50 is steep nut not TOO ridiculous if they’re reusable… are they??
    anyway, i can’t wait to see the pics if you get them.

10. tasha says:

they’re not REAL paper clips, are they? I can’t imagine how you’d be able to open your eyes if they were.

11. carlina says:

Wow these are so whimsical, I heart them!! Susie if you are lacking in beauty material, check out http://www.shopmanhattanite.com, they have all sorts of beauty items, not to mention designer duds, fun gifts for your girlfriends, jewelry, lingerie, and toys for your pooch! It’s like the one stop shop for all your fabulous needs!

12. Tamara says:

I can’t believe iiiit! :P I’ve been really wanting to have some fake lashes lately, but don’t know if this ones would work for me… Super cool, anyway!

13. miss woo says:

I can’t help but wonder whether if it is possible to do a D.I.Y version of this..

14. selina says:

my god these are wonderful!!! at £50 though, i know i would botch them up and glue them together or something! must go see them for my own eyes though

15. Wow, I’ve never tried wearing false eyelashes before myself, but I love the effect of these! Would they not be really heavy though?

16. this is such a fun idea! maybe i’ll give it a try on halloween?

17. gilda says:

oh my god i love viktor&rolf and i love shu uemura lashes. perfect collaboration!!! i don’t usually wear fake lashes, not even to parties, but i do use them during fashion shows and these look amazing!! 50 pounds sound painful… but i think i’d love to get it if it’s available in new york too.

18. JackieCat says:

OOH! I saw this on Flat Broke Fabulous the other day, looks like they’re going to be really popular with you fashionistas!

19. floraposte says:

Saw these in the Shu Uemura shop a couple of weeks ago and they are soooo gorgeous but they do look a bit heavy (I find myself asking would they provide a great workout for the eyelid muscles!).
    Would need to be perfectly applied which my one and only experiment of false eyelashes tells me that I would need intensive schooling to achieve!

20. winnie says:

Wow those eyelashes are amazing. I’ve never tried false eyelashes myself but I want to…but maybe I will start off with a cheaper and less elaborate pair!

21. evie says:

yay for falsies – which are great especially on days when my outfits are more blah than usual. creates a nice balance i think as it “lifts” the aforementioned dull outfits a little imo