I spent my summer holidays as a teen doing absolutely zilch and being quite unproductive in general.  I’m thinking if I was a bit smarter, I should have got my ass and applied for an internship at a magazine.  Then I could spend my days tidying up issues and issues of Dazed & Confused, D&C Japan, Another mags going back to the 90′s when you had double covers going on the front and back.  Hmm… flicking through dusty mags and ordering them by issue number and year… lovely stuff… (there wasn’t an ounce of sarcasm in that by the way…)…

Dcarchives1

Dcarchives2
Dcarchives3

1. lovely job indeed you got!

2. woah!!! looks worse than my piles of random magazines!!!

3. pixie_chi says:

That is character building stuff – sho’ is!

4. jo says:

mmm that’s a great job. i’m most probably gonna try and apply for an internship at a mag after summer. WHEE can’t wait!

5. ivoreece says:

wow… but it seems to be very interesting :)

6. looks like fun to me :-)!

7. Chelsea Rae says:

Being surrounded by magazines all day would be amazing, an having to organize them by date would feed into my slight OCD. I might even organize the piles alphabetically too!

8. Jay says:

this magazine collection looks like mine{

9. Lauren says:

It would be amazing to intern at a magazine, bit unpractical if you don’t live in London though.

10. Anonymous says:

God, I wish someone would go back to my teenaged self and get me off my ass. How little did we know back then?
    I would have done EVERYTHING to intern at Ray Gun – and I rue never picking up the Radiohead cover.

11. iterning at dazed + confused? the stuff of dreams surely!

12. I want those magazines!!!!!!!
    It’s so easy to hoard them but they could easily finish your storage area. I just can’t stop hoarding magazines.

13. I’ve lost months of my live to magazine catalouging and ordering both at work and personal life.
    It is a sheer delight until someone makes you hurry up!

14. I’ve lost months of my live to magazine catalouging and ordering both at work and personal life.
    It is a sheer delight until someone makes you hurry up!

15. I’ve lost months of my live to magazine catalouging and ordering both at work and personal life.
    It is a sheer delight until someone makes you hurry up!

16. I’ve lost months of my live to magazine catalouging and ordering both at work and personal life.
    It is a sheer delight until someone makes you hurry up!

17. I’ve lost months of my live to magazine catalouging and ordering both at work and personal life.
    It is a sheer delight until someone makes you hurry up!

18. i would give my favourite pair of scuffed no name cowboy boots to do that for a living. it beats dealing with the boring no name clients and boss I speak with daily. chin up mate – its got to be better than digital advertising… no? have a great weekend Susie, xf

19. Drusilla says:

I wouldn’t mind sorting mag piles for a living…if only I had somewhere to keep mine!

20. selina says:

i thought this was your magazine collection at first! i wonder if the volume of mags compare?

21. sophie says:

wow.. takes me way way back…
    sighs

22. ahh i have a friend whos doing an internship at a magazine…i wish i could, but i’m doing academic stuff this summer =/

23. Austere says:

Wow I wish I could get my hands on that magazine pile!

24. yulanda says:

Oh my, I’d love to sit there and flip through all those magazines.

25. Lola says:

omg…are those all YOUR magazines??? if the are i am sooo jealouse. i move alot and everytime i have to throw all of mine out, its so sad. i cant wait till i move to the us for college though, so i can start doing internships. living in thailand (and not speaking thai) means my working options are rather limited

26. angu says:

The first thing I plan to do after I finish my first year of University is apply for internships.

27. Mer says:

I just can’t keep all the magazines, I have scrapbooks instead (and some special issues) You have great inspiration there!

28. dapper kid says:

Oh….my….I am sooo jealous right now, that collection looks awesome!!!

29. can’t tell you how many times i have thought the same thing – if only I’d been a little motivated in my wasted, but fun, youth!

30. Dustcakeboy says:

I’d love to do just that, but unfortunately I’m presently situated in a hole…
    /DCB.

31. a dreamer says:

that…is…mag…heaven.

32. Teresa says:

I literally live in a giant pile of magazines, so I’m glad I’m not alone in my hording.