Fringeeyes_2

It’s a little simplistic to say that my love of black fringe is related to my own heavy black black fringe (I went through a mini irritating phase of calling them ‘bangs’ but I’m over it and back to the good old British ‘fringe’….).  How else though have I accumulated over five items of black fringe which in the scheme of a clothing embellishment/haberdashery, is a fair amount.  I don’t know but my own fringe goes on and on and so the black fringe goes on too and this Tim Ryan black ribbon fringe scarf is most certainly my favourite bit of fringe at the moment.  I’m especially enjoying wearing it as a scarf wrapped once over the neck so that it swooshes a bit in the front like a sort of fringe necklace which I’ve seen around the blogosphere.  On colour, the fringe goes a long long way though on black, I’m into playing up the textures of the scarf contrasted with other things…. like say….more black fringe?

My own black fringe ain’t going anywhere yet seeing as growing it out strikes fear in my heart (where would the fringe ‘go’ exactly….?), so I guess the fringe loving is here for a while yet, until I find another material to make a satisfying swoosh-swoosh motion…

Fringescarf1

Fringescarf2

1. whimsy says:

I have heavy black fringe (though I call them bangs because I’m Canadian!) too and love it. Methinks it’s the Asian-child upbringing… Pretty much all my little cousins have the style, very China doll. Anyway, love the theme going on here :)

2. I would love a scarf like that, you can wear it in endless combos! How about criss-cross in an “x” across the chest?
    Love it.

3. The black on black looks great here, it really makes sure the eye is drawn to the fringe itself rather than anything else going on. I can’t get enough of fringing either!

4. floraposte says:

What a great scarf! Tim Ryan’s work is so fabulous.
    Aaarrgh! Not bangs! Fringe please! Yes, they are hell to grow out, I grew mine out last year but have never looked back (they are not nearly as chic in blonde hair as in dark).

5. Austere says:

I like the black fringe! It’s so funny how you like them because you have it too. But I’ll keep to my good old american “bangs”. haha

6. Me likey your fringe, especially the scarf! That adds so much more to an outfit. Thank you for your endless inspiration! :)

7. Rowena says:

You excel yourself…fringetastic.

8. Merily says:

This is way too cool!
    Everything you wear is so adorable!

9. MHBass says:

really love what you’ve done here – i’ve been wanting to play around with some fringing for a while now, and you’ve given me some great inspiration! as well as reminding me i need to get my fringe trimmed back in :)

10. selina says:

i do love the way fringing is almost like a sheer fabric, it covers but exposes at the same time!

11. miss woo says:

Fringe are such great fun to wear! I can imagine you just shimmying down the street :)

12. Nadine says:

Love it! Now I wanna have a scarf like that too…its a great accessory.

13. You make me crave adding some fringe to my wardrobe. I especially like the idea of a fringe necklace/scarf…

14. boxgirl says:

what if you rocked an entirely fringe look? sleeveless shift with three layers of black fringe just above your knee.
    little black cousin it dress.

15. Tina says:

Love the scarf! You make me want to have one like it to…there are so many things you can do with it!

16. Giselle says:

haha, I was always getting so confused when people called them “fringe” I was like what is that? Why havnt I heard of this strange fringe hairstyle? Then I found out they where just bangs :-P
    I think it would be intiresting to mix up different colored fringed on top of your actual “fringe” lol (like a headband thing, if that didnt make any sense)

17. saray says:

this fringe scarf is stuning!

18. I keep wanting to sing “she bangs she bangs” ricky martin style but then i want to hold back because its lame but my fingers just wanted to type it. xfrancis.

19. Tavi says:

Fringe is surprisingly versatile, and I love the way you wore it in #1! I say keep your hair fringe-I enjoy swishing mine as well and it can come in handy as a weapon as well:P

20. winnie says:

Loving the fringe scarf! I have been contemplating growing mine out but I’m not so sure either!

21. kathrin says:

i love your fringe, think it is fantastic, it suits you.
    x

22. WendyB says:

Those black BANGS are very versatile.

23. Pammy says:

how do you feel about ribbon fringe?

24. savvy mode says:

Love your nude color heels. can you let me know the make? thanks

25. Charlotte says:

a blunt fringe is like the uniform of fashion bloggers: susie bubble, agathe of style bytes, queen michelle of kingdom of style, karla of karla’s closet, lady melbourne…there’s probably more

26. catherine says:

I love how you British say “fringe.” It makes so much more sense than “bangs.”
    Love the black fringe scarf-y piece!

27. enc says:

That fringe is quite festive.

28. You would really like the Reality Studio Fringe Necklace at styleserver.de. (Black fringe also looks great with your bangs!)

29. so right, love how fringe feels as you walk.

30. mica says:

Such a great scarf, and I love how you’ve worn it in so many different ways :)

31. You can’t go wrong with black. The black fringe skirt reminds me of a contemporary take on the hula skirt. Very nice.

32. i love the second outfit but the 1st one looks abit frumpy!

33. Style eyes says:

I always wondered what poeple meant whne they talked about bangs

34. sonam_mcrgurl says:

i’m from Nepal & because of the british schooling, i call it fringe too. i had it before, but then i decided to shave my head for Tibet. so yeah.
    i must say, i love the fringe clothing you’ve got there. its very 70s and reminds me of bollywood movies with 70s style dance/song numbers where they have fringe on the hands, fringe everywhere, disco balls, shiny clothes & bell bottom pants (which i still like more than and despite the skinny jean craze. actually i like straight or baggy jeans better..that is when i actually wear jeans) & Mithun Chakraborty dacing to “i am a disco dance..tun tun tun” and “jimmy” and other hits.
    to the point, i adore the Mithun=i adore 70s style=i adore fringe!!!
    xoxo
    sonam<3

35. Barb says:

Love the fringe. Love ALL your shoes more.

36. Anonymous says:

why yo always look so insecure in your photos? your amazing clothes won’t do much for you if you don’t look more self-confidence

37. ambika says:

You are so adorable. Seriously.