• Love this concertina beach scene print on @marios_official tote available at @therefineryhk now! #PMQIS
  • Congrats to my cousin @elizabethlauldn and her new shop @therefineryhk in the new PMQ building @PMQHKDesign #PMQIS much love for @BernstockSpeirs bunny ears!
  • Love that I always see the best pieces by Brit designers abroad @nicoll_studio @liger_hk
  • Swash land at @liger_hk Patterson St store #SwashLondon
  • Patchwork chair by Brut Cake at @littlethingmag shop in OCT Loft Shenzhen

Echo1

Echofunk
Suffice to say that if were a frequenter of Boombox and/or attend all Ponystep shindigs (Ponystep is moving to Paris to the Regine club….get ready Parisians….), you tend to be dancing around, surrounded by bundles of talent.  Everybody is a fashion designer/illustrator/set designer/printmaker and generally creaaaaaative.  Makes people like me, who latch onto creatives get all excited and geeky.  When I snapped this gal at the JCDC party at Punk aaaaages ago, I guess I should have done the proper thing, asked for her name and Googled it as invariably SOMETHING would pop up.

Instead, it’s taken me this long to gather enough info.  Her name is Echo Morgan (well not really…it’s actually Xie Rong…) and she hails from Chengdu in China and after studying in Central Saint Martins, she has stayed on in London to bestow us with her wonderful illustrations, set design, collages and general mixed media loveliness…

You might have seen her watercolours for the Feathers website…

Echowatercol

Her collage and set design work for some reason echoes (ho ho ho…) the images that accumulate in my head… if I was half as skilled, I’d go about constructing such menageries of images in real life but instead they only exist in my head and Echo’s work is therefore like the beautiful physical realisation.  I’m hoping that the escapist mood at the moment propels Echo to do more spreads in magazines, giving her an entirely free hand to do whatever pops up in her dynamic brain…

Echocollages

I’d especially love to see her go mad in the windows of Selfridges where she has done some work before…

Echocollages2

I couldn’t really not include any of her fantastic outfit shots either as that was the thing that led me to her work in the first place.  She confesses that she has the habit of outdressing the host at parties which may well be true but I suppose she is endearing enough with the effort she puts into her outfits not to annoy/grate said hosts…

Echostyle

1. Miss Glitzy says:

Her works, watercolours and collages, are mesmerizing. She’s really inspired and so creative in every way. Thanks for the discovery.

2. Those designs are just insanely amazing…*dribble* x

3. Oh how I wish I could handle watercolour half as well but painting was never my forte. Beautifully dreamy imaginative work.

4. hek says:

I love her! Her works are amazing, she’s such an inspiration. Adore the pic where she wears the harem pants, very cool. Thanks for this, great post!

5. KD says:

I really can’t put my thoughts into words . . . I’ll just say that she is amazing.

6. MBarney says:

love the illustrations, especially the use of watercolour, but they look way way too much like Julie Verhoeven’s work to be unique

7. Sunset says:

Wow… her work is genius. I love it. And I love those gold balloon pants.

8. Seen her stuff, she’s sooooo TALENTED!!!

9. winnie says:

Love the illustrations, I love the chaos of it all.

10. I really love the last outfit! Misterious, dark and sexy :)

11. dapper kid says:

Oh wow, the drawings are breath taking! I wish I could paint or sketch that well!

12. anthea says:

Great post. Beautiful images. Your blog is a complete inspiration!

13. I really love the feel of her work, the rough cut and mixed media, and as corny as it sounds, the imperfect of the collages makes it perfect, i love her style! great inspiration!

14. KatGeorge says:

She’s like the dark Isabella Blow

15. LOVE her work and how she doesn’t do just one thing. She is amazing. Wow.

I agree her work is quite Julie Verhoeven-ish…. I think she adds a different dimension with her set design and collage work though….

17. Stefania says:

what a fantastic profile piece
    she is an incredible artist, her fashion illustration in water colour is gorgeous.
    and i would invite her to a party and be outshone by her any day!
    *kisses*

18. Brandon says:

Wow her style alone is something to post about let alone those amazing water colours. Susie did you ever visit the museum of art in hong kong (i think thats its name the one in tourist trap kowloon) where they have tonnes of chinese watercolours. Its as if shes come from the past and just has new subjects to paint. This girl is amazing!

19. Natalie Hasseck says:

I had the great pleasure of working with this girl – I can say first handedly she is a genius and true creative.

20. Mariëlle says:

Ooh I love your blog. It’s so creative and original! Would you like to exchange links??

21. Brigadeiro says:

Oh my! She’s so incredibly talented, and such amazing style! Am I the only one that thinks she resembles you, Susie? :)

22. ms sashimi says:

her watercolors are AMAZING but her collages are surreal!

23. eyeliah says:

stunning paintings and artwork, I’ve been pouring over them.

24. calamityjem says:

Creative genius & absolutely gorgeous too!

25. evie says:

thanks for sharing this. i love her work and even the way she puts her outfits together is nothing short of amazing!

26. missmilki says:

She is fabulous! Her work is beautiful and her outfits amazing and she sounds fun too! Kind of girl you wish you knew but would be too shy to talk to cos she’s just so intimidatingly cool!

27. Chic Looks says:

wow!!! I love everything about her, her style, the paintings, her so natural coolness, gush!! she’s like a walking work of art, some people just have it all eh…

28. Cecelia says:

love.
    Do you know of any good fashion illustration blogs?

29. Katie says:

Let me say… you look very sexy! :D

30. sonam says:

the headgear she wears, in outfit pic number 5, is part of a traditional tibetan outfit. she’s from Chengdu, where there are a lot of tibetans (and also a hell of a lot of discrimination against tibetans but thats another story).
    there are all kinds of crazy headgear in the traditional tibetan garb depending on tribes, area and all, most of them very colourful.

31. Anonymous says:

wow! these illustrations are completely fantastic. absolutely love them.

32. songy says:

obviously, she is a living art piece. I can see why I didn’t end up being an artist. Sorry for being all about me here but it’s so much clear now.. no more question to ask myself.. just that I did a post on this very issue about 5 minutes ago.

33. Face Hunter says:

Also See the Face hunter New Collection and Post your Photos at New Face hunter BLOG Click To See

34. rollergirl says:

Oh wow. And love her lips too!

35. The difficulty comes when you do not know what garbage looks like.