• Sasquatchfabrix S4 pyjama look
  • Pleats Please roses
  • Karaoke dunce cc @tommyton @Steve_Salter @junsukeyamasaki @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima
  • Karaoke Queens @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima !!!
  • Hiding in plain sight @craigandkarl X @lespecs_eyewear #sakura

Heaven Tanudiredja changed my mind about my previous connontations of jade.  Jade for me, meaning mother and grandmother’s necklaces and trinklets, in a pale green colour that is usually carved or embossed with a motif – the Far Eastern version of mother/grandmother’s pearls as it were.  Heaven’s S/S 09 collection mined his supply of black jade to make these pieces, combining other elements such as frayed ribbon, gold chains and crystals to make pieces that get as far away from my own vision of jade as possible and are of course beautiful objects in their own right.  When I went to see his collection at the FFI showroom in Paris in October, he said that once the black jade been exhausted, he would explore another material, making his collections a sort of natural exploration of Earth’s minerals.  The shapes themselves looked a little like underwater creatures, especially as the basement of the FFI showroom was quite dim, making the pieces glint and snake about in a mysterious way.

Heaven also I believe designed Dries Van Noten’s jewellery last season (hence the wonderful pic shot by the Sart) but I’m glad he’s also got the opportunity to do his own collection at the side too.

Img_7910

Img_7912

Img_7916

Img_7920

Heavenss09

1. Kate says:

While I think there’s nothing wrong with Jade (in fact, I got this: http://www.roddyjonestrading.com/product.cgi?group=92416&product=93807 because it matched my jade earrings), Heaven’s pieces are a fresh and novel take on the use of jade. I wouldn’t have known they were Jade if you hadn’t said so.

2. floraposte says:

Amazing pieces of jewelery.

3. kim says:

Hmm, not my cup of tea. Never heard of black jade before though.

4. brigadeiro says:

Some very interesting pieces here…

5. lady coveted says:

it’s really nice to see someone do something interesting with jade. i really love jade actually, but i often think of chinatown when i think of jade… it just seems like such a versatile stone, i’d like to see more modern takes like the heaven pieces.

6. I’ve been dying to know who designed the Dries jewelry for a while now, thank you for the tip. I think he’s given the jade a completely different look from what you normally associate it with, and it has more of a feeling of onyx or jet. Really spectacular.
    -Tiffany

7. a dreamer says:

i didn’t even know black jade existed. these are beautiful and they look nothing like the milky green asian jades my granny has too.

8. evie says:

i know what you mean about jade, but this doesn’t look like anything my grandmother ever had!

9. songy says:

I wouldn’t have guessed they were made with jade. Great! as long as they are not too heavy to wear.

10. diana says:

they’re nice!
    as fellow indonesian, i’m so proud of his achievement :D