• #insideout oi oi @cosstores and @currentelliott - who made your clothes??? @fash_rev
  • Last @designerjumble outfit of the day - @saundersstudio jacket, Betty Jackson jacket, Antithesis shirt, @fromsomewhereuk top, Loewe skirt, Luella bag
  • More brilliant @designerjumble pieces @prada top and skirt, Antony Price parachute dress @rupertsanderson shoes
  • Made In Britain pieces by @jameslonglondon and @topshop Who made your clothes? #InsideOut @fash_rev
  • Amazing pieces from a 1,500 collection of Hannalore Smart, widow of Circus King Billy Smart Jr... Alaia,  Gaultier, Comme, Issey Miyake, Prada... All going into @designerjumble soon with some on auction!! Gaultier corset, vintage customised jeans, Prada shoes, CdG skirt - very Meadham Kirchhoff SS13!

Letourdeforce1

I’m not a complete numpty.  I know that as a result of the recession/credit crunch/economic crisis, there may well be less NEW designers forging their way out there into the big bad world of starting up your own business.  I certainly didn’t expect to find any who have gone out with an e-shop straight away either.  Camille Roman, after stints at Lanvin, Zac Posen, Johnny Loves Rosie (she actually made my puffy oversized bow from the Johnny Loves Rosie limited range) and Lulu Guinness, she has stepped out on her own with…Le Tour de Force

A silver unicorn headband basically lays out all of Camille’s cards; she’s out to make oversized headgear that requires nothing more than a bit of courage and a smile to wear.  Butterflies, bumble bees, stars and oversized flowers make up what’s on offer from LTDF’s A/W08 collection that is available to buy online, each piece crying to be tried on (I often think people try on extravagant hats/headgear with a secret desire to buy but use the guise of ‘Oh this is costume!  Let’s be fun and ridiculous!’ to try things on to peer and admire at their hatted self in the mirror…)…

Letourdeforce2

Camille, despite the economic conditioning fully intends to launch womenswear in February and her S/S 09 collection below makes me wonder what she will come up with…if it involves gigantic oversized bows on the head, what could be going on down below…

Letourdeforce3

1. Brigadeiro says:

How gorgeous! I especially love the last two :)

2. EJ says:

woah, that models is giving some serious evils… do you think she was chastised for turning up drunk after that first photo was taken?
    i think i’m in love with that ginormous pink bow… i would have to dress up as a miniature alice with that badboy on my bonce.

3. the pink bow is wonderful!
    x

4. Laia says:

i need more hats in my life.

5. jeanie says:

omg i need that bow

6. It’s an outrageous collection of hats but I love it. Hats rock (^_^)

7. i’m so excited that head pieces are really big this season, i was also really drawn to topshop’s head band with the big tulle bow XD

8. Oops I said hats but I meant headgear lol (^_^)

9. KD says:

Forget about LBD’s, this is what I would want to wear to a New Year’s Party!

10. Zita says:

Love the bottom two with the overlayed leaves/scales. I could imagine wearing them

11. WendyB says:

I never have enough energy to try to attach something to my head.

12. enc says:

Those are cool/cute/fun/fantastical.

13. Miss Glitzy says:

Don’t know if they could fit me but I love their joyful spirit.

14. Left&Write says:

These pieces are amazing.. they should definitely bring back wearing hats – but only if they look this good.

15. Left&Write says:

16. Left&Write says:

17. Left&Write says:

18. Left&Write says:

19. Left&Write says:

20. Cas Ruffin says:

Those headpieces are bold! But I like them. They look like you need a glamorous ensemble to match them.
    Speaking of head pieces, Fashion Forestry usually has some nice ones.

21. Aside from the big pink bow which feels a bit cliched, these are very cool.
    I don’t know where we’d be without you constantly telling us about new designers.. whenever I read your blog it scares me how little I knew before!

22. hek says:

That pink one is so adorable!

23. I love the last one! It’s the size of my head, if not bigger, but I don’t give a damn!

24. Sunset says:

I love I love I love I LOVE! My favorite is the gold/black one… <33

25. Thom Wong says:

Because I mistake your blog for the entire internet so easily, I have mistakenly sent you info from one of your own posts. Aiyah.
    In unrelated news, enter my contest.

26. Gerry says:

During WWII fabric was rationed all over Europe and designers were only allowed to use so much cloth in their designs and women were only allowed to wear clothes with a certain number of buttons, used X yards of fabric, etc. As a result, designers began to make/market and women began to wear extravagant hats made from the scrap pieces of cloth and excess trimmings to give their outfits flair.
    Economic crisis = wear a hat
    I think it makes sense…

27. I think a lot of designers are sending out the message that no economic crisis is stopping them from making bold statements and lead their creativity into greater tangible pieces. And that is a relief for someone like me. Call it escapism of sorts but I find it gratifying enough. haha

28. Songy says:

aha. that green number tickles my fancy. I’d look great with that!

29. jennine says:

hmm… not that i’m any kind of hat woman, but i was working on this diy project that’s kind of like the grapes hat. only not as well done. i got discouraged, but i think i’ll give it another go!

30. jess says:

ohhhh i desperately want one of these…love all of them except for the pink bow. i wish i can try them on!!
    and interesting theory there (Gerry’s comment) in relating extravagant hat to the economic crisis. it makes sense that accessories are selling better these days than say handbags and ball gowns…

31. Anonymous says:

Ooh, would love to see her designs in Feb.. I’m expectant extravagent colorful designs. Of those head pieces, my favorite is the black and glitter grey and silver large flower..

32. SOS! says:

Ooh, can’t wait to see her designs in february. I’m expectant extravagent and colorful designs. My favorite piece here is the black with grey and silver glititery flower..

33. Julia says:

HOW and WHERE are people going to wear these?
    I agree that they look fab in the photoshoot(most things usually do) but are these pieces that can be worn in real life?
    Also the price tag isn’t exactly ‘Credit-Crunch’ friendly now is it?

No they’re not cheap…but neither are hats…a good had should set you back ¬£150… if people spend far more on shoes/handbags then stands to reason that the head can also be adorned with a portion of that budget…of course that in itself is dependend on whether you are a headgear/hat person or not… some people aren’t, some people are.
    I don’t have any qualms about wearing any of the above out and about… the giant bows probably would get less wear than the smaller butterfly bands…
    It is a matter of personal taste…

35. Fajr says:

It is a matter of personal taste and I’m in LOVE. I think to wear any of the manner above you have to have a certain sensibility and while no they are not cheap, they are definitely worth the amount for their total uniqueness and sheer extravagant fun!

36. Romeika says:

I love the two last ones, But I could never pull off the huge pink bow. Looks gorgeous though!

37. Chic Looks says:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! This is amazing, i need a headgear for some christmas party, I had settled for a huge pink bow one from topshop a little similar to the one here, but having seen these I think I want a unicorn headband, i’ll be ebay and etsy oogling tonight.

38. muchaneta says:

Way to go Camille…..I am certainly super excited to hear that your creative juices are still flowing!
    Mxx
    ps/ if you ever need someone to wear your hats to fab parties you have my number- lol- i would consider it an honour!

39. Sarah says:

I for one welcome our new hat overlords : )

40. Sarah says:

Shameless self-aggrandizement:
    (I knit a lot)

41. Wow that is a great collection of hats. That model looks like she is having a blast lol.

42. dunk high says:

a m little exaggerating , i should say. but still very fabulous.

43. supra shoes says:

love all the bows.

44. I agree, thanks for the great article!