I know I know, it’s hokey, a little bit kitsch and a bit on the twee side of things…. but I’ll happily lap it up seeing as every biography of Coco Chanel has had me hooked and I for one cannot wait for the slew of films that revolve around various parts of her life to come out even if they are insanely bad and mis-representative.

Cocofilm

Fashionologie has happily provided the FULL version, complete with English subtitles, of the silent film which Karl Lagerfeld directed to kick of the  presentation of Chanel’s Paris-Moscow collection.  Shot over two days, the film depicts a young Coco Chanel played by model Edita Vilkeviviute with her early lover, the English Boy Capel spliced with WW1 footage and then Coco in the 20s with another lover Duke Dmitri Pavlovich played by Brad Kroenig.  The film also features staff from Chanel playing supporting roles…

It ain’t heavy stuff but it is a bit of lighthearted Chanel fun that is worth indulging in for 10 minutes…

Part 1

Part 2

1. jennine says:

wow, cool, thanks for the heads up.

2. janavi says:

I am also a sucker for anything Chanel. Thanks for the link- I had trouble getting it before. Think I will put on the “Chanel” jacket I made while I watch it.

3. dayna says:

eek, Chanel always makes me feel so giddy. Everything about her and the designs of the marvelous clothes itself. thanks tons for the link.
    Dayna

4. you are for sure the cutest and most fashonable bubble ever :)

5. chelsea says:

I can’t wait to see Audrey Tautou do Coco.

6. Thanks for sharing those videos, Susi. I can’t wait for the movie that’s coming up.

7. Miss Glitzy says:

This short movie is great and I guess she would have liked it. I love the mash up of old movies and news that makes the transition between 1913 and 1923. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

8. Cindiddy says:

I love COCO. more then i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE chanel!
    and your vintage finds from the sale is lovely.
    love that video from the sale!! that line is INSANE! have never seen anything like it!

9. lisa says:

Hmm I’ll definitely have to watch these over my lunch break!

10. una says:

This video should be called “Clich√©s in 10 minutes”, it’s almost painful to watch.

11. Songy says:

I’m game for anything Karl does whether it’s crap or not.

12. have you read her biography? she’s fascinating for so many reasons!