• It was announced a while ago but wanted to say how happy I am to have been asked to select Dress of the Year 2013 at Fashion Museum in Bath. My choice was this @christopherkanestudio SS13 beauty.
  • Love this concertina beach scene print on @marios_official tote available at @therefineryhk now! #PMQIS
  • Congrats to my cousin @elizabethlauldn and her new shop @therefineryhk in the new PMQ building @PMQHKDesign #PMQIS much love for @BernstockSpeirs bunny ears!
  • Love that I always see the best pieces by Brit designers abroad @nicoll_studio @liger_hk
  • Swash land at @liger_hk Patterson St store #SwashLondon

The lack of posting is atrocious stuff but I promise that all of went down in Dublin yesterday will have some sort of repercussions on the blog.  To be fair, you're all better off checking out Fashion Filosofy's coverage of the Nokia Young Fashion Designer Awards 2009 as my ramblings will be a little on the slow side.  The lovely Arsheen also snapped my botched up outfit consisting of an experimentation with layering the faux-Rodarte knitted tights over my Basso & Brooke leggings, my not-ideal shoes (NO HEELS for TWO MONTHS?????) and a dress from Treasure Chest Vintage that is velveteen soft and has this amazing purple ruching at the waist…

DSC07462

All I can bring to the table is the little tidbits on the students' entries that are still floating in my head after two days of waking up stupid o'clock to catch a flight… I will be delving deeper into the winner and runners up soonish!

-Ruching that is mind bogglingly complex paired with raw silk paint splattered trousers that have some give due to the elastic sewn up the side seams. (Celine Sheridan)

-Bright neon components in a mix of fabrics popping out that needs a pair of Pierre Hardy neoprene heels to go with the ensemble. (Clare Geraghty)

-Precisely cut foam tubing on a dress that I think would also work as an oversized collar/cape. (Suzanne Acton)

-Neoprene action in a flame-inspired layered dress.  Topshop, you hearing this?  Neoprene dresses please!  (Carla Murphy)

-Six different yarns in one amazingly crafted, labour-intensive dress that stole my heart. (Lyn Allen, runner up)

-Beading that was knitted and knotted using macrame techniques…. think of the possibilities for layering… (Ciara Glynn, runner up)

-You can't see it here but in between the bulbous dress is an awesome woven fabric that caught everybody's attention. (Aoife Gallagher, WINNER)

-Leggings with no side seams that fit amazingly well… mad skills. (Siofra Caherty)

Apologies for any spelling mistakes from a non-Irish-dumbass…

Nnyda

1. luxirare says:

oh you look great! Weird clothes!! The balloon/bubble one is crazy……

2. missmilki says:

Looks like a great event – just been looking at Arsheens coverage. I love your dress and of course your fabulous necklace! I see you didn’t go for the docs this time ;) But those shoes look great with the outfit, wouldn’t even miss the heels. Hope you had a good day in Dublin!:)_

3. Kay says:

The one with tubing is insanne, but in a possibly good way. Definitely seeing it as a collar.
    Love the outfit Susie, the leggings + tights experiment really worked!

4. SOS! says:

I never knew there were such amazing Irish talents here! I wish I was in Dublin for the event..
    xx-LJ from SOS!

5. Male Mode says:

But I loved your shoes! Great to finally meet you by the by!
    I have to say, the entrants really brought it this year.
    /Cillian.

6. sd says:

oo
    i really like the blue on the dress your wearing

7. janavi says:

I have to admit that I think heels are just another form of female repression! OK- I’ve said it.

8. Brigadeiro says:

Absolutely AMAZING! And you look gorge, Susie ;)
    xx

9. DJM says:

I remember back in ye olde days of Style Bubble when you were hardly ever pictured in heels – it was always flats! Now it’s the opposite! But I still love those Office shoes.

10. WendyB says:

I like that hot air balloon look.

11. hek says:

Adore your look here! You really have your own original way to put together an outfit, and you look so, so fenomenal!

12. I don’t think your outfit is “botched” at all! I love that flash of blue. Too bad you can’t wear exactly the shoes you want though.

13. diane says:

Wow, there’ll be some wild stuff going on here! Not at all what I was expecting from Ireland. xo

14. Al Walling says:

coooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll
    !!!
    ^_^

15. Sarah says:

Hey Susie, it was lovely to meet you at the event – pity you didn’t have more of a chance to see Dublin! Hope the ankle gets better soon x

16. Diane says:

a fantastic post! gorgeous outfit

17. Deirdre says:

Love this outfit but I also loved what you were wearing at the judging, esp the Christopher Keane top.
    I was the girl back stage showing you the dresses and putting all the finalists on a rail by the way. Wanted to say ‘hi’ but didn’t want to interupt. So here it is now ‘hi.’ Glad to hear you enjoyed the show.

18. Ruth says:

Hey Susie how cool you were in my home town of Dublino- did you see any of Dublin fashion week ?
    Ruth

19. Falling or being knocked off the cliff can not only cause damage, but it can also hinder a successful offensive against or defense of the base.