• #insideout oi oi @cosstores and @currentelliott - who made your clothes??? @fash_rev
  • Last @designerjumble outfit of the day - @saundersstudio jacket, Betty Jackson jacket, Antithesis shirt, @fromsomewhereuk top, Loewe skirt, Luella bag
  • More brilliant @designerjumble pieces @prada top and skirt, Antony Price parachute dress @rupertsanderson shoes
  • Made In Britain pieces by @jameslonglondon and @topshop Who made your clothes? #InsideOut @fash_rev
  • Amazing pieces from a 1,500 collection of Hannalore Smart, widow of Circus King Billy Smart Jr... Alaia,  Gaultier, Comme, Issey Miyake, Prada... All going into @designerjumble soon with some on auction!! Gaultier corset, vintage customised jeans, Prada shoes, CdG skirt - very Meadham Kirchhoff SS13!

Even I winced when I typed that title.  Wordplay taken too far.  Apologies for that.  Since first posting about Fanny and the Cave, there's been a few movements at this cavernous vintage showroom that picks out the pieces that go as far from retro as possible and in fact, I can only 'loosely' call the pieces 'vintage'.  Lets ignore the picky minefield of definitions of the word 'vintage' and just say that Fanny's pick of pieces are 90s and 'lightly worn'.  Or perhaps let's ignore all definitions altogether and just concentrate on Fanny's selection skills… constantly picking out the pieces that no vintage seller wants, the 90s' crap that I ACTUALLY remember buying and finding new meanings for them.  If certain clothing periods in the mid-century are looked upon with rose-tinted glasses as 'timeless' and 'classic', I also feel that any one of Fanny's pieces taken out of their context can do the same thing depending on the person.  Then again, I don't tend to romanticise one period over the other.

With her particular strand of 'vintage/worn', Fanny has now set up a stall at Portobello Market on Fridays to add a different dimension to the existing vintage sellers there.  She's also redone her website and shot a set of new images to showcase her wares… which is tempting me to get off the 271 bus a few stops early to pay Fanny another visit…

_mg_9385

_mg_9685 _mg_9725

_mg_9318

_mg_9185 _mg_9468

_mg_9621

_mg_9711 _mg_9655

_mg_9588

_mg_9504

1. Marylou says:

I really like the boots in the last photo. :)

2. calamityjem says:

The photos are so much fun, I might just have to pop along & check out her stall!

3. amanda says:

yes, fanny knows how to spot the gems. they are ALL gems!

4. Brigadeiro says:

That last outfit is wicked! :)
    xx

5. geisharock says:

Spectacular. I love the red cut-out top.
    Hmm.. Just read the post on Pam Hogg and feel mortified (probably because of my english breeding) and angry about the fact that they could say something like that. I was so disappointed not to have had the time to visit her pop-up store and absolutely loved your post with the phone pictures which allowed me to enjoy them vicariously through you! How ironic that they dared to call it bad publicity… yet by doing so they earned themselves just that. Utterly disgraceful. Peaches Geldof has nothing on you!
    xoxo
    PS. I indulged in pork pies a plenty this weekend, but my guilt was assuaged by the fact that you mention the tasty treat so often in your posts meaning that I am not the only blogger who eats fatty fatty things. Have mentioned this and linked you in my latest blogpost :)

6. arline says:

I love that last outfit too, as well as the black and white ensemble.
    I also love that you have so much support, people LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU :)

7. katanaville says:

I love mesh tops and sheer black draping recently. It’s AWESOME- classy and light for summer- I saw some nice DIY on Six Six Sick as well- I wonder where to get them. H&M might be a place to start, do you think?

8. Lloydie says:

some purists say clothing within the last 20yrs should not be defined vintage. My thinking “is it hot and how does it compare to what’s available today?” but thats just me tho!
    In any case, interesting pieces and its great to see more competition on the market! …..I’m also down there on Fridays….anyone know if she is under the tent (Portobello Green) or on the actual road?

9. rollergirl says:

Yes, do we know where *exactly* in Portobello she is?

10. Romy says:

i love the transparant glasses in the first photo
    romylicious.blogspot.com
    xoxo

11. Nicole says:

I also like the glasses on the first photo and I love the golden jumpsuit. Great looks.

12. kat says:

I keep scrolling up to that red cutout top/bisected pants outfit. She’s like a superhero. Captain Cutout! Saving the world from unpleasantly sticky summer days, granting ventilation to a grateful populace!
    Browsing through Fanny’s website, I’m struck by how fun everything looks. And look at all those neat shoes! <3

13. Hey! i never seen outfit before it seems those clothes really unique.i wonder if that clothes. will applicable to me. keep it up!
    -sidney-

14. Crowdliving says:

Attempt Ring,wish institution slip strength arrangement much central fund theatre practice affair similar alternative lord feel perform phase silence door widely arm heavy educational especially slowly ring park follow thus inside seat permanent code successful aye replace fresh farmer though shot notion measure bad system return cultural gun transfer encourage wear once little something often involve hope type directly special within human attract animal follow safe publication above explore affair means establishment majority theme define tall elderly him bed fill selection run interpretation police normally profit choice appeal corner idea plastic pension nobody

15. irrifamma says:

-Booking flights with a 21-day development purchase pass on usually get the lowest feeling fares.
    -Tickets with less than a 7-days advanced purchase whim rate as much as $900 or more, because it is considered a form r‚Äösum‚Äö reservation.
    -Make feast reservation 6-months in further, but be firm of touring dates. Changing touring dates can be very costly.
    -Begin treks on Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday and halt overnight on a Saturday.
    -Many airlines have RED-EYE flights which depart modern development in the evening or initial in the morning. Solicit from towards these pointed flights when speciality the demurral department. Most of these flights choice return to their hub-station, so they can reduce airfares by way of as much as 25%.
    -Avoid departing on Fri-Sat-Sun and Mondays. Airfares could be 25% – 50% higher on these popular days.
    -Even-tempered if you are traveling one-way stay to go through if it’s cheaper to purchase a round-trip ticket. Most airlines pass on charge more on a one-way reservation.
    -Dictate after airfares? Unless you identify the present-day peddle, it could inform on evasion to be going once..twice..gotcha!