>> In all honesty, all I've been thinking of for the past hour or so (I start to wilt and melt after 3pm in a pool of my own sweat and languid thoughts…) is I need to be submerged into an ice bath right now.  I'll do it naked if I have to but perhaps wearing one of Luiza Bondadiman's cut-out and tightly bound swimsuits from her latest S/S 10 collection might be a better option, lest I leap out of said ice bath yelping and screaming, lady lumps all over the joint and frankly resulting in a not so pretty sight.

Fashion Rio was a few weeks ago and I must confess, JC Report's succint round-ups help me out a lot rather than trawling through sites that for some reason keeps coming up with a message that I've been hacked by someone Turkish…

Luiza3

Luiza2

It was this multi-coloured, brightly pastel toned tied and bound swimsuit that caught my eye immediately and thus formed the basis for my dunking in ice bath get-up.  Or just on its own over a white sheer mesh top and some big clunky shoes.  I can just guess the comparisons to a certain leotard-loving, thigh-baring chica that will ensue…

Luiza

1. eli says:

looks like the model came with her own funky tan lines. The black one is really nice, you could probably wear these with pants too.

2. These suits are so cool-looking (as in awesome)…and, well, cool-looking (as in temperature). The model in the black suit is also very striking – any idea who she is?
    Sadly, I don’t think there’s a way to knock these off without making them look really, really cheap. Guess I’ll have to wait ’til next year’s sales!

3. amanda says:

these would make quite the bodysuit as well layered under a cool jacket

4. Nikki says:

I really like the multi-colored one as well. Although with the straps connected so tight from the body 2 the arm i can’t imagine that being 2 comfortable or easy to move in.. but who cares about practicality now a days. I don’t mind if certain things aren’t so practical but I dooo like 2 move my arms at least lol

5. Play says:

heya, I totally agree, Brazil swimwear is the best. Also hung out with Jason at Fashion Rio, catching backstage bikini snaps: http://www.playlust.net/wp/?cat=320

6. Meream says:

The first model’s tan lines and peeking undies bothered me a bit. :D

7. The Stylist says:

The last one is my favorite, love the colors

8. guga says:

this is from brazilian designer Luiza Bonadiman, her work in beachwear is amazing, always pushing it forward and presenting great collections!

9. Carmen says:

I love the colours in the last one.

10. knitkicks says:

It’s a bit like a controlled version of Iris Van Herpen

11. Ali says:

ah, these pictues make me feel very fat!

12. They look a bit warm for this type of heat, but they are nonetheless fabulous.

13. KD says:

The black one is super but actually somewhat wearable, I want it! I also want the pastel one, amazing for ice baths, I agree.

14. kim says:

The last one is a good example of what makes some people mock fashion – a swimsuit in which you cannot swim. But since a lot of us also wear shoes in which we cannot run, I guess this is in the same category of style over function. I do admit that they look amazing!

15. matthew says:

inspiration Iris van herpen mummification
    collection?? this suit is exactly the same..

16. marijke says:

I agree that the last one looks like an item from iris van Herpen

I do agree with the Iris Van Herpen comparison….but I don’t think we should go about accusing ppl of copying yet… the colours she has injected though still make it stand out….