• #insideout oi oi @cosstores and @currentelliott - who made your clothes??? @fash_rev
  • Last @designerjumble outfit of the day - @saundersstudio jacket, Betty Jackson jacket, Antithesis shirt, @fromsomewhereuk top, Loewe skirt, Luella bag
  • More brilliant @designerjumble pieces @prada top and skirt, Antony Price parachute dress @rupertsanderson shoes
  • Made In Britain pieces by @jameslonglondon and @topshop Who made your clothes? #InsideOut @fash_rev
  • Amazing pieces from a 1,500 collection of Hannalore Smart, widow of Circus King Billy Smart Jr... Alaia,  Gaultier, Comme, Issey Miyake, Prada... All going into @designerjumble soon with some on auction!! Gaultier corset, vintage customised jeans, Prada shoes, CdG skirt - very Meadham Kirchhoff SS13!

Unicornmask >> Whilst I'm being a lazy bum and not doing any scouring myself, fellow bloggers are doing it for me.  Fashion Me Fabulous, who has an uncanny knack for sourcing unlikely eBay and Etsy stores has come up with an absolute gem.  Actually this one isn't a diamond in the rough or a particularly unknown gem but hopefully these haven't been doing the fashion blogosphere rounds TOO much.  The California-based Tom Banwell has a bit of an online presence going on; he sure knows how to utilise the internet for getting his leather crafting skills around… a Twitter, Flickr, blog (quite a good read if you have the time…), a website, DeviantArt AND an Etsy page.  So along with intricately cutting out leather to make these amazingly face-transforming masks, he's also tweeting/uploading/creating other art work and giving people cool tutorials on his blog.  THAT just increased the aforementioned self-title of lazy bum by ten fold Ithink.

I've only posted the cut-out ones, the ones that have "Buy Me Susie, You Know You Want To Even Though You Have Enough Ridiculous Headgear" written all over them (yes they do need a descriptive quote THAT long…). However Tom does masks that are embossed, braided and headbands that are probably more along the speed of people who are nervously trying out Bat for Lashes/Natasha Khan's trademark.  There may also be a minute population who are into being unicorns for a day or two, when the week is not going so well, in which case Tom also has a stunning mask option.  I haven't quite gotten to the stage where it has been so tough that I needed to resort to calling upon my inner unicorn spirit… one day though…

Tomban1
Tomban2
Tomban3
Tomban4
Tomban5
Tomban6

1. the muse says:

Hmmm, I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate these with my bridemaids…I love these

2. Very fascinating, I’m not sure if I’m considering them in an academic way in respect of fashion and the female or purely as adornment.

3. Great for a photoshoot, but I would have to organize the right party to wear them in real life I guess. Which is not a bad idea.
    Lucy =)

4. Brigadeiro says:

Wow, these are incredible! Love the leaf-mask! :)
    xx

5. Ali says:

Oh, I was all convinced that I had to be a unicorn until I got to the birdy and I went a bit weak at the knees! I’m a bit of a birdy collector..

6. Nicole says:

I like the unicorn but I don’t think thta they are very comfortable. And where should one wear them beside carnival in venice where I unfortunately haven’t been invited to yet ;)

7. DJM says:

Love his work! I included him in the Etsy Curator list I did so glad he’s getting some more appreciation.

8. Katlin says:

he is amaaaazing! i wrote about him in march (http://urple.blogspot.com/2009/03/masked.html) when i searched for egypt on etsy once. his blog is equally awesome… follow him on my google reader and amazed at his process since he does all it himself!

9. PixelHazard says:

I’d be itching to wear it somewhere! It’s like the pretty shoes I have in my wardrobe that are too tall to wear but too awesome to not buy

10. MJ says:

I really wish I could wear these to work. I could have one for each day of the week…

11. Mili says:

These masks are stunning and he’s definitely a genius.

12. I’m gob-smacked… speechless…
    Those masks are awesome!
    Thanks for sharing, Susie-Q.

13. CHICKDOWNTOWN.COM Kyra says:

These masks are incredible! So intricate and stylish, definitely has a talent here

14. CHICKDOWNTOWN.COM Kyra says:

15. Jael Paris says:

Thanks for the mention!

16. How sweet life must be to never have to call for the support of your inner unicorn. I call mine fred. Great masks though – i can definitely see you in one! Tor xx

17. diane says:

These would be fun for clubbing or a party. They’re really beautiful.

18. I’m thinking on how I can wear this down street. Probably wear it as a head gear rather than a mask. Hey! That might work!

19. Isabel says:

These are all so beautiful! I love the spectacles feel of the last mask.

20. these are amazing! I just found this etsy store a few weeks ago… so creative!

21. Meream says:

Wow, he has skills. These would make great whimsical gifts. :)

22. Fast Fashion says:

Great for a masked ball!! :)

23. SOS! says:

Before I checked the Etsy page, I thought these would cost a gazillion bucks. They’re so purdy..
    xx-LJ from SOS!

24. Amy says:

these are so elegant and beautiful.

25. Billy Kidd says:

I love those masks! i need them!!!

26. Mimi says:

I also love the unicorn mask! I’m very tempted myself, especially since I recently attended a lecture referencing an old ’70s lesbian feminist affinity grounp called LAUREL — Lesbians and Unicorns Resisting Every Limit!

27. ambika says:

I want one of these so badly. I wonder if you could do them in metal, like jewelry…