>> Like I said in the previous post, I've finally woken up from some silly motion-going stupor and have rediscovered my fashion enthusiastic ju-ju-juice.  Yesterday we took a little detour to Digitaria, definitely up there in the most-interesting fashion retail ventures in London.  Their guest-designer roster seems to have grown a fair bit since I was last there including the likes of Katie Eary (did her S/S 10 collection floor ya, did it, did it?), Gemma Slack and Ada Zanditon.  I didn't realise however that designer Gabriella Marina Gonzalez, who I thought had already graduated, and has only just finished her BA at CSM, is also being stocked at Digitaria… with her super lace-up wedge shoes grabbing my attention immediately…

IMG_2255

After walking with stable feet in Acne's Atacoma wedges and finally being able to confirm their comfort factor (walked fifteen blocks on the trot and kept them on all day… c'est proof or not?), I've now developed a somewhat blase/fearless attitude towards platform wedges but I'm guessing these will prove more of a challenge… still, Digitaria dares to sell them so somebody will be towering and looking at us from those great heights…

IMG_2252

IMG_2256
IMG_2257

IMG_2253

Gonzalez describes her collection as 'clothing for the emotionally dispossessed' and together with her sketches, you can see how she's imagined this female ragged, urban warriror complete with fear-inducing footwear, armour-like harnesses made more vulnerable by the patchwork imperfect knitwear and the girlish knee highs…

Gaby10copy
Gaby12copy

Gaby3copy
Gaby9copy

Gaby7copy
Gaby6copy

GMG009
GMG011

1. Elle says:

Gaby is ace. Used her collection for a shoot recently. How much were the shoes priced at?

2. Ditte says:

those shoes are amazng.. they have to be difficult to walk in, but one would look amazing in them..!

3. Brigadeiro says:

Sacre bleu! Those are INCREDIBLE! And perilous :)
    xx

4. YVY Mag says:

Hi there,
    My name is Marcello de Giuli and I am the editor of YVY Mag http://www.yvymag.com
    I greatly admire your site and would be honored to refer my visitors to you for more information about fashion. Since I just want to pick a few top sites I would need a link back to my site from your blogroll.
    Please let me know if you are interested.
    Marcello de Giuli
    Editor in Chief

5. WendyB says:

Those shoes make me think of giant chopines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopine

6. christ those are insane! they look somewhat less intimidating from a high camera angle but i’m still not convinced!
    loving the clothes though, especially the knee pads. reminds me of roller-blading.

7. Vivian says:

short girls like me need them but doubt they are conformable to wear

8. Jane H. says:

Can you say dangerous? They would look AWESOME in haute couture editorials.

9. amanda says:

holy shit those are insane!!!

10. miss a. says:

OMG. I love moon shoes. Echoing another poster, what are the price points for these massive babies? And did you get to try them on?? Are they more in line with Demi Moore in “Striptease” or Buzz Aldridge?

11. enc says:

Sweet cheezes those shoes are extreme. I think I love the OTT-ness of it all.

12. Lex says:

Dear Susie! I love your blog and all the amazing pictures you put on it! You really inspired me to start my blog! so here it is:
    Thank you so much for being so inspiring!
    Lex

13. Blau von T says:

oh wow..oh wow..oh wow…strangely lost for words!

14. HR Girl says:

Woohhh!! What a shoes!! I knew somebody who loves to wear those kind of shoes. I think my niece loves to wear and collect those kind of shoes. I will tell her about it. But me, ahhh, no way, I can’t wear those shoes. Hahaha…lol.

15. Zen says:

They remind me of Chopines worm by 15th Century Venetian prostitutes, some of them reached 30 inches high so these are like childs play :P

16. Tereza says:

these are insane!..would love to try walking in them!

17. Thank you so very much Miss.Bubble, highly appreciated-G.M.Gonzalez. gabriellamarinagonzalez.blogspot.com

18. Beast of shoes! Very challenging but you’d feel great mastering them and parading around. I did it before in my Westwoods so I can do it again! The gorgeous olive green ones are for moi.

19. Sally says:

Damn. Those platform wedges are delish. The lacing details are completely fantastic!

20. Jenni says:

AestheticallyI love the wedges, but I can’t help sort of feeling that the new wave of crazily high shoes are a new way of baby-fying women, making them totter in baby steps, unable to run, having to grasp the arm of someone else just to stand up straight? Not that it’s these shoes in particular…just a thought.

21. Oh my, those are high! And you have mad skillz for being able to walk in them.
    -meream

22. anijnas says:

ahh i want those shoes. i want those shoes. i want them! now…
    i ll keep repeating this mantra until someone hits me with a frying pan.

23. Becca says:

those shoes are amazing but crazy at the same time.

24. C says:

There are so much beautiful things out there. I just like to walk around for hours and look. I actually don’t shop that much, but walking around stores and just touch, and feel makes me calm and gives me some kind of comfort.
    And you are just amazing finding all these adorable pieces all the time.

25. GatoSapato says:

Really amazing shoes!!! Love it!!!

26. Do you have these shoes? I think that is awesome. I don’t think these look uncomfortable at all because it looks almost flat, it just has a thick platform. How much do these cost?

27. Nickie Frye says:

Holy mackerel, that knitwear is crucial!
    xoxo
    Nickie Frye

28. Ashburn Eng says:

these are towering tall!!

29. Mymsie says:

LOVE the Postal Service and Iron & Wine’s cover of that song. :)

30. Shiny says:

Designed by Gabriella
    Made by Natacha Marro

31. Those platform wedges are delish. The lacing details are completely fantastic!

32. I hope everyone who visitis your blog has a good time here as much as I do.

33. Supra Shoes says:

Very honoured to see your blog,your blog is specific, I benefited a lot from it. Many thanks,welcome to our website http://www.supras.cc/ . we can exchange our idea.

34. coach purses says:

Sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs; search for knowledge,read more, I think that is very meanful for you because today is important.

35. Vertu Phone says:

Nice, and thanks for sharing this info with us.
    Good Luck!

36. Hey.. nice collection. Shoe pairs are great and like I have never seen such designs in market. Will make you like a super mod and add glam to your personality. http://www.chicago-diamond-experts.com/

37. Elegance says:

Please, can you PM me and tell me few more thinks about this, I am really fan of your blog…

38. Fashion vibe says:

thanks !! very helpful post!

39. Cosplay says:

I like the pictures of the post, it is very beautiful.