• Sasquatchfabrix S4 pyjama look
  • Pleats Please roses
  • Karaoke dunce cc @tommyton @Steve_Salter @junsukeyamasaki @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima
  • Karaoke Queens @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima !!!
  • Hiding in plain sight @craigandkarl X @lespecs_eyewear #sakura

A LUCKY 12 (I combed meticulously through emails and comments but if I have missed out any, please say so now!) answered my challenge for "Let's cram as many colours into one outfit just using solid block pieces and no prints and patterns" and it's well overdue that I shared the results.  I think I may have demanded a little too much seeing as I also stipulated 10 plus colours.  I realised this was a blogger-diva in action and so on Twitter, I did say five plus colours would be acceptable too.  I must be honest though, my challenge was rather a half-baked, spur-of-the-moment sort of thing so I didn't actually expect someone to take the time to send something in or make a post on the matter so I'm touched that people were willing to bend to my preposterous whimsies…

That said, a lot of challengees also noted that they were invigorated by the challenge and that it forced them to look into their wardrobes and realise they either had a lot of colour to play with or not much at all.  Whatever colourful/not-so-colourful conclusions you came to, I'm hoping there'll be other challenges on the way just because there are some of us that will always have time on our hands to indulge a bit in completely useless tasks such as this one.

In no particular order… I give you… the colour-meisters-who-answered-this-silly-blogger's-pleas…

Ali of Hello Birdy

Ali

Laura Whittemore

Laura

Kamicha of The Door in My Wardrobe  // Camilla of A Butterfly By Day (pretty pretty mother n' daughter blog)

Kamicha Valerie

Crystel Hadley

Crystel
Diane Nguyen (broke rules slightly with a printed skirt but I'm not one to be choosy what with my blogger-diva requests…) // Eline of A Fluffy Blog

Diane Eline

Rowena of Rosiepop

Rosiepop-colour-block

Style Eyes // Tomorrow of In the Bedroom

Styleeyes Tomorrow

Tanya – not sure why she's covered up with an angry badger…

Tanya

Danelle of Dani-D

Danelle

1. megan says:

colors are fun but just don’t over do it. meh…what do i know.

2. Eline says:

I LOVE Crystal. SO CUTE. I want her hat.
    I loved this whole challenge and I especially loved that I came across people in the blogosphere accepting it, too. Gives a strange sense of bonding.

3. LarsS says:

I like the outfits! They are really crazy and crative! :D
    Have a great night! :)
    best

4. Christel says:

Tanya Shrestha had the best outfit for sure. It was the only outfit that was wearable. Good job girlie;)

5. BobbinTalk says:

Hmmm… some people ARE using prints and patterns. My fave is “Ali of Hello Birdy”

6. Kayyy says:

This is a great illustration of why you are the queen of the fashion blogs. None of these elevates eclectic to the sublime so well as you.

7. aine says:

i think its a toss up between eline and tanya the angry badger, eline’s is very colourful and cute but tanya’s is actually wearable. anyway good for all of them for participating, it was a fun idea.

8. Kb says:

Love Crystal’s outfit, I see she’s channeling a bit of the Bubble in her layering. Very inventive.

9. Tomorrow says:

Thank you susie, mine is not brilliant compared with others I like Alis and Elines the best!

10. jennine says:

this is both awesome and refreshing! i soo so needed this!

11. Rowena says:

Brilliant! Everyone looks great. I’m looking rather grumpy tho – photos scare me…

12. tanya says:

angry badger is there to hide the ol’ mug :)
    haha sorry susie but im so paranoid about exactly what info is available about me on the internet. hate how much personal information is spread on the internet, hate google, hate facebook…. ah im just a big brother conspiracy theorist :P
    on that note, would you mind removing my last name from the post?
    also thank you for the privilege for featuring me on my favourite blog! tis an honour indeed even with my angry badger mask on :)

13. tanya says:

ps. Rowena’s layering up top is great! loving the three-shouldered one-shoulder!

14. BattyNora says:

Lurve 1ST and 5TH- most coherent outfitwise :)

15. WendyB says:

Next challenge should require an angry badger in every photo.

16. Yay! This challenge inspired me to put a little color into my black friday. I scored some sweet teal and navy slingbacks that I probably would’ve passed over before today.

17. Dani D. says:

oh my gosh, it’s me!
    my fave is Eline of a Fluffy Blog. i’d die for pink hair. period.
    dani–d.blogspot.com

18. Val n Cam says:

oh my god i am so honored you put me up! except valerie is my mom :) it’s me, camilla, in the photo :) but no matter! i know when i show my mom tomorrow she will be just as excited as i am! this challenge was so much fun, i love the first picture, she really does look like a rainbow and also the girl eline is adorable! thank you so much for posting our outfit, i hope you enjoyed it :) we had a good time coming up with it together :)
    susie you are undeniably the best <3
    xo, camilla
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

19. Kamicha says:

Eek, that’s me! Excuse the horrid northern lighting conditions.
    I love how these outfits reflect the individual “color personalities”.
    This challenge made me understand how much my wardrobe is actually lacking solid color – and although I might not be cramming the whole rainbow to one outfit I think that I will add colorful basics and accessories to my shopping list.
    I think that this might be a good time to thank you, Susie, about this blog – it is an endless source of inspiration for me. Although I have been commenting here just lately I have been stalking your style back from Style Diary days!

20. I read the article, this post was so great. Thanks for sharing.

21. shakka jones says:

cool outfits!! i’m always intimidated of wearing “too many” colours myself but these outfits are inspiring. guess i’ll have to try it out some time despite my intimidation :)

22. Yay! I’m on Style Bubble :D
    Really love Tanya’s outfit, though not too sure about the scary badger…is it a badger? Also really like Dani-D. Challenges are fun :)

23. Fred Butler says:

GUTTED I MISSED THAT ORIGINAL PLEA…………this would have been my heaven!
    : (

24. Marta says:

Amazing pictures! So daring.
    xx

25. Noa Noa says:

Have only just found your blog this evening. Thanks for such an inspiring post. Great fun. Be back soon.

26. adela says:

Me gusta mucho tu blog, soy argentina y realmente no se como llegue aca, pero me encanta, es muy dinamico.
    besos
    I like much your blog, I am Argentine and really not since(as,like) come here, but I am charmed with it(him,her,you) am very dynamic.
    Kisses

27. Aja says:

Eline’s so cute!

28. Sarah says:

I’d put Eline in first and Rowena in second

29. Mara says:

hahahah this was really good. It is a good challenge though. mixing a lot of colours may sound dangerous, but actually, there´s a lot to it, and results can be quite amazing.
    I find the first 2 particularly interesting (ally and laura), but I congratulate everybody who joinned in for their creativity and daring spirit!

30. allegra says:

wooow! pretty funking!

31. Thanks so much for adding my picture to your post. I am now wishing I made more effort with my outfit. The others look great. Lots more outfit inspiration for me.

32. Becca says:

so many great outfits! i love the pile-on-the-colour idea.

Tanya: Just removed your last name – sorry for doing this so late! Yay for angry badgers!
    Val n Cam: Ooops apologies – link and name amended!
    Thanks again to all participants and next time round, I’ll try and be ermm… less challenging…

34. Val n Cami says:

thanks again susie! you are too sweet <3
    xo, camilla
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

35. pashmina says:

Ah, the colored tights and leggings are out in force for this challenge!

36. Megan Guernsey says:

Wear it like a rainbow, susiebubble! you have done it again. Posted everything beautiful in the world. wood wood wood! I would !