From 90s statement pieces (I've bought me THAT Valentino coat…meeeeps!) from Claire Inc, I turn to the subtle staples from Aussie label All of the Above. By my vague calculation their navy sheer mesh tee and dress have collectively notched up the most wears in my wardrobe this year, accounted for by my excessive Febreezing and hand-washing.  Another navy arrival from All of the Above comes in the form of this split shoulder navy jersey blazer that I fear along with my sheer pieces will suffer the same amount of overwearing abuse and Febreezing (yes, I'm a dirty so and so who can't afford drycleaning all too often…).

DSC_2061

DSC_2073

DSC_2097
(All of the Above jacket, All of the Above sheer dress, Rosalind Keep for Oasis trench navy dress, Raf Simons knitted top, Raf Simons sheer trousers, Nicholas Kirkwood shoes)

People often comment on my 'outlandish' or 'daring' outfits but in truth, the things I wear the most are the slightly unassuming yet cleverly cut staples that form the foundations of those supposedly keraaazy outfits.  All of the Above seem to have a knack of coming up with plenty of these muted-but-interesting pieces as evident by their online S/S09-10 collection of cut-out trenches, jackets and dresses as also by their forthcoming A/W 10 collection which still uses a lot of their navy-know-how as well as introducing camel/tan as another staple colour.  There's also still some of that sheer/opaque play that first drew me to All of the Above and the print devore pattern brings in another texture into the mix.  Though my love towards navy is unlikely to waver, I am slightly intrigued by the camel trouser suit, igniting my secret desire to relive a similar ensemble that my mother rocked in the 70s.  Just need to get over my fear of the term 'trouser-suit'.

Allabove8
Allabove2
Allabove3
Allabove6
Allabove7
Allabove4
Allabove5

1. Joy D. says:

gorgeous collection. how do you cuff those pants? I would love to do them to my sheer trousers.
    JD
    iplayfaves.blogspot.com

2. FASHION SNAG says:

Stunning! I love your coat Susie! xoxo

3. B says:

That coat looks so comfy! Lolz, but I bet ur legs were freezing!!
    xx

4. Hey Febreeze had saved me a fortune in dry cleaning ;-)
    The print dress looks amazing!

5. Catherine says:

I love the trompe l’oeil pieces, I’m going to get the dress!

6. icariin says:

Absolutely wonderful, not sure I would have the exact shape for these but im not too far off :)
    As the other person said “stunning”

7. Love these pieces. I like them because I can envision myself wearing these on casual days and to special occasions also.

8. First off – Congrats on the Valentino coat! Can’t wait to see the outfits that come from it!
    Secondly – I have to say that over the years you’ve single handedly made me rethink navy (I think about colours a lot as a general rule)…I was strictly into black for my dark basics for the longest time, but the way you combine different colours with navy is inspiring! So much so that I’m experimenting with navy for upcoming collections…so thanks for showing me a whole new way to look at colour! Not a small task!

9. You look cute! Your monochromatic outfits are always so wonderfully refreshing. :)

10. Jane H. says:

I can’t help but wonder if the shoes in the 4th and 5th photo are Fluevogs. Never mind if they’re not. You look like a darkly lit ocean! Love the navy against navy.

11. Ponyhunter says:

i love your sheer pantaloons, there’s a darling peach, dotted pair in the Ruby F/W ’10 lookbook that yours remind me of. very sweet.
    ooh, found a picture.. http://tinyurl.com/yjsvzbu

12. daphne says:

This clothing is all so stunning- and your outfit is just perfection. AHHH the pants and the…well, everything!

13. taylor says:

beautiful coat and I love your bangs!

14. Stacey Kelly says:

wow LOVE all those photos!!
    fall in love with COCO ROCHA:

15. WendyB says:

That trench dress is so cute.I love trompe l’oeil!

16. Alice says:

Jane H. – the shoes are fluevogs from their latest limited signature series. They are phenomenally comfortable!!

17. Becca says:

Love love love the sheer trousers