• Thanks to @mrstreetpeeper for tip off about designer sale at top of Times Square. Scored this Junya Watanabe jacket for £150!!! #bargain
  • Insta thank you to @andotherstories and @mrstreetpeeper for putting a bit of spring in my step
  • Retro Hong Kong caff interior at Matchbox Cafe
  • Spot the fake in Mong Kok malls. @christopherkanestudio HK style
  • Hello Birdy

Of COURSE I didn't go to the show as most peeps know, Balenciaga is a fortress that most people won't ever conquer.  Buuuuut… and I'll maintain this, a resee of the collection in the showroom is pretty awesome too, not least because touching the fabrication feats that Nicholas Ghesquiere pushed in this collection is pretty crucial to understand what the heck all these domestic textures are all about.  I snapped some of my favourite bits and bobs from a collection that had so many strands going on that it's basically a fabric fetishist's joy to go through on the rails… puffed this, cut-out that, padded stuff, embroidered bits.  Oh and all in a colour palette that bounces off an off-kilter and so-wrong-it's-right exuberance.  From catwalk images, my impressions were that at times, pieces seemed like they were forward-thinking for the sake of being forward-thinking.  It wasn't until I saw the pieces in person that I fully got the point of riffing off domestic surfaces and textures…

IMG_1261

IMG_1262 IMG_1264

IMG_1274 IMG_1277

IMG_1278 IMG_1280

IMG_1293 IMG_1292

IMG_1299

That said, the shoes were an instant winner for me with Pierre Hardy probably taking the shoes to an all new maxed-out high…. so of course, it was no hardship to see them up close in the flesh… yes, they're heavy but I'm most tickled that even the most complex of designs will be making it onto the shop floor, mismatched blocks et all…

IMG_1301

IMG_1302

IMG_1308

IMG_1309

IMG_1303

IMG_1305

IMG_1304

IMG_1307

IMG_1311

IMG_1310

IMG_1306

1. Those shoes are f*cking insane! (In a good way, obvs.)

2. Raggedy Ann says:

Love, love, love number four from the bottom!

3. olivia says:

lovely blog, i love the last shoes!

4. Catherine says:

I do my math all the time. every time. I should deserve these shooos for free!

5. The way that team works with colour consistantly blows my mind….so in love with those accessories colours!!

6. Rachel says:

OMG, I totally want to dive in those shoes…

7. Joyce.L says:

Oh wow! God love the shoes! FAV ONES FIRST ONE AT THE TOP!

8. SOS! says:

oh wow, the up close photos show how beautiful the shoes details are. I like all the pairs here, not sure which one I’d pick if I were to get a pair!
    xx-LJ from SOS!

9. Kamicha says:

I think that it is time to move forward.
    BTW, do you mind if I use one of your shoe pics?

10. eli says:

its just amazing how beautiful the attention to detail is so perfect, thanks for sharing these photos

11. kirsty says:

dear lord. if i could have those mint green ones…i think i could die happy.

12. Rosie says:

not so sure about the first white offering (abominable snowman, anyone? it’d be warm at any rate) but when the colour seeps into things, they take a candy-hued shape that i like very much! pastel me silly, Balenciaga!

13. luxirare says:

Wow I can’t believe you got to go into their showroom, that’s so amazing! I especially loved the diamond pattern that looks something like a relief embedded into those jackets. Never seen something like that before but leave it to Ghesquiere to come up with things that no one has done..even the shoes are the least derivative things I’ve seen thus far in terms of concept.

14. coafa says:

and i thought the prototypes were runway ready! love the final product much more. great pics susie! did you meet the sales team?

15. Leonidas says:

the whole collection was astonishing, mind blowing and ground breaking with an amazing amount of craftsmanship in it, a lot of work and detail.
    well done

16. Jennifer says:

I love the colour combination of mint, orange and violet. Lovely, and those shoes are great, especially the mint heels.

17. lipstick says:

those shoes are incredible . i want a pair . even thought they are very tall .

18. Chloé says:

Magnifiques ces chaussures <3

19. Miss Dolly says:

Photos on style.com really do the clothes no justice, yours are alot better!
    The shoes are just amazing, maybe my favourites since Rodarte and Alexander McQueen last season.
    You need to get them for your collection!

20. L says:

those shoes look like a craft project.

21. nico says:

wow they are so amazing!
    Whilst browsing the internet I came across a London based company who create handmade shoes.
    As well as an impressive collection they also provide a gift package where you are able to design your own made to measure shoes.
    They seem to share our passion for beautiful shoes, check out the website
    maybe they can create you some of these!

22. shonwer says:

Stunning!! Balenciaga shoes are wonderful. It’s like art!
    Shonwer

23. Angela says:

amazing shoes! i am in love!

24. Love the quilted number and you are right to see the texture and close up is more revealing than the distance view.

25. Oh wow! That’s quite some texturing they’ve got going on. LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!
    x

26. As always a brilliant post√óD
    those bracelets look so cool and so adorable, and the shoes are incredible…I’m not much of a color person, but after I started following your blog, I might even get all rainbowy… √óD

27. Brigadeiro says:

I absolutely LOVED the shoes at Balenciaga! Also, the detailing on the clothes are amazing!
    xx

28. the shoes! the shoes! oh how i NEED those shoes! every last pair…

29. I just peed my pants a lil with those shoes.. so amazing! thanks for posting!

30. Anonymy says:

Wow, awesome collection! I could imaginne you wearing it all, looking faboulous!

31. WendyB says:

Love the lavender shoes. I’m suddenly into everything lavender! I think it started with a lavender lace trench by Versace…

32. Becca says:

I was in LOVE with the shoes for this collection, and I am ever so grateful for your more detailed photos… dying.

33. anthea says:

Those shoes are absolutely to die for!

34. the shoes look like they should come as a jigsaw marked “assembly required.” love’em!

35. The shoes are insane!!! Love the colour blocking!

36. Kat George says:

Susie I just wet myself over those shoes. Totally gross but totally worth it! xx

37. Kazuko says:

the shoes were definitely designed for you :) love the nude laser cut dress + those shoes = adorable

38. Bonne says:

I’m usually not into chunky shoes, but these are u unreal! and i looooove the jewelry! very colorful!

39. Thanks for posting so many shoe pics! <3 It is such a pleasure just to look at them!!

40. Sofia Leo says:

The colourful bracelets are so coool! I want one soo bad! I have a thing for unique jewellery!

41. Imelda Matt says:

Too beautiful for words…

42. Jennifer Yu says:

Those shoes looks liKe TRANSFORMERS SHOES ^^

43. Emma says:

Love the detail shots!! I was disappointed with the collection, but further viewing – and seeing your photos has led to it starting to grow on me!
    Thanks!

44. cl boots says:

Wearing a pair of shoes that women can better attract the eyes of men.” Christian Louboutin said when he apply for procedures at the Trademark Office in the United States.discountlouboutin

45. Patty says:

Shoegasm! I love the mint green ones the most.

46. Julia says:

Oh my gosh I am in love with these shoes and am thinking of any possible way to get my hands on them! Thanks for posting pictures of the clothes close up, it gave another dimension to the collection.
    xoxo
    FashionEye

47. I would have really gone for these shoes, if I would have seen this blog before. My next purchase will be these closes.
    However I just closes from:http://www.edfashionclothes.com/
    shoeswomens.asp online and waiting for its arrival.