• #insideout oi oi @cosstores and @currentelliott - who made your clothes??? @fash_rev
  • Last @designerjumble outfit of the day - @saundersstudio jacket, Betty Jackson jacket, Antithesis shirt, @fromsomewhereuk top, Loewe skirt, Luella bag
  • More brilliant @designerjumble pieces @prada top and skirt, Antony Price parachute dress @rupertsanderson shoes
  • Made In Britain pieces by @jameslonglondon and @topshop Who made your clothes? #InsideOut @fash_rev
  • Amazing pieces from a 1,500 collection of Hannalore Smart, widow of Circus King Billy Smart Jr... Alaia,  Gaultier, Comme, Issey Miyake, Prada... All going into @designerjumble soon with some on auction!! Gaultier corset, vintage customised jeans, Prada shoes, CdG skirt - very Meadham Kirchhoff SS13!

>> It's always a 'new-name' fest at Blow PR's press day and glad that they took on representing a) Shao Yen Chen, a knitwear genius that blew me away at the CSM MA show… and b) Rob Goodwin, whose shoes I couldn't stop looking at at the LCF MA show back in Feb.  A graduate of LCF Cordwainers, his MA collection was shown on the catwalk alongside another designer but my eyes were fully focused on the clearly-hand crafted shoes, boots and helmets.  Goodwin worked in TV for a long time but then decided to turn to shoes and whilst studying, caught the eye of Terry de Havilland and whilst he primarily specialises in shoes, he's open to creating leather objects that stray outside of any wearable forms.  By applying hand dying and hand stitching techniques to his leather working, I see Goodwin venturing down an artisanal shoe route that not many shoe designers venture down.  His MA collection here was inspired by an imaginary riotous cross-culture ball; a Venetian masked ball that takes place in the Congo dubbed a "Kongo Bacchanal".  He's taken the Margiela nail heel a step further with the nails clusters as well as creating a new kind of studding hardware on the wedges.  I'd like to take his inspiration theme further by concocting a half-Venetian, half-Congolese hybrid outfit, finishing off with a heel of nails of course and a beaked face.

IMG_2751

8954_05b63688407d38cc9b4f0fdd057ffe3aprofile 8954_5140e7ca2546f146cdeea1999144e2e9profile

8954_a59cdccf60654ea4f409f6209382521bprofile

8954_ab9affce955678b7a41b6978756d37a7profile 8954_b7ec20651ab40941b92b86c9662620aaprofile

8954_23591366db9fd901c9863030feb65d0aprofile 8954_5c56032f62d5ee7107b019d5283afd3eprofile

IMG_2749

IMG_2748

IMG_2750

IMG_2752

IMG_2753

1. Raggedy Ann says:

Oh my! I think those are some of the coolest shoes I have ever seen! The shoes in picture two from the bottom reminds me a lot of the new Acne shoes called Asteria, Gemini and Sapphire.

2. ruby dickson says:

yes i can see that (post above referance) but i just wanted to say that all that crazy head gear was pretty freaky to me, It has an eery feel to those pictures with all the nails on the shoes and the almost gothic leather. I love them and would love a pair.
    Just a personal question are you at uni?? Im so jealous because how do you afford all those expensive clothes that you wear your so great.!! :)

3. Maggie says:

Oh those wedge boots are fucking awesome. I. NEED.

4. Clare says:

The wedge boots are amazing! I prefer them to the nail heel, as the nail studding just seems a lot more effective. The shape of the wedge is beautiful enough, but when the texture of those nails are added, they look incredible. I love the red colour, and would have to wear them with that fabulous red minnie mouse-esque hat in the lookbook.
    Clare x

5. bird says:

wowser this is a serious shoe post! love those head pieces they look very bird skull inspired… mega shoes i want to touch all the different textures!

6. Catherine says:

Yeah i getb thumbtacks in my shoos…
    Scipio mask in firsr pic!

7. M says:

like pieces from a mad carnival in venice

8. Duck says:

WOW the alien-head/lobster-claw headgear in the second photo is AMAZING. Argh why did I spend all my salary already…

9. Winnie says:

Those shoes are both scary and intrigueing!

10. i want one of those crazy hattssss
    gaaaaahhhh
    ps: i have a very cool fabric technique i’ve been playing around with posted on my site, and i’d love it if you’d take a quick look since you’ve got such exquisite taste!

11. i loveee these shoes ughh im just wishing they was in my closet this design is unique and different and i dare to be different love it

12. Peter says:

We own a shoe store, and my wife is a fashion Goddess. I would love to get into these kinds of shoes.
    Peter

13. Lighting says:

Those are some interesting shoes

14. Brigadeiro says:

A M A Z I N G ! ! !
    xx

15. commodestyle says:

Wahoo les shoes so fantastic,i think the inspiration from chinese….

16. Sara Davis says:

TOTALLY funky! Would never see that in the States outside of NY or LA! Love it!

17. Lauren Kreisler says:

Hold up, I recognise these shoes…
    Go Rob! Ace to see your work on here!

18. Remind me of Kei Kagami’s shoe designs.

19. WOW the alien-head/lobster-claw headgear in the second photo is Great! http://www.game-hot.org