Somehow.  Some way.  Someone.  Something.  Some shoe bestowing being up there was shining on me and a smiling UPS man came with a discreet black box encasing these hand crafted phenomena that at first glance, without the distressed leather upper could easily be some sort of eroded driftwood, cast upon a beach or leaving aside the fact that it is wood, could also be rocks sand-blasted to beauty.  Let's rewind a bit before we get into overly floral language.  I wasn't expecting these.  I'm not even sure why they are in my possession but like I said with all the 'some' words above, these Jil Sander S/S 10 wedges which I think went into production in teensy tiny quantities are on my feet.  Well, not right now they're not.  But they could be.  Or perhaps it's better that they're not on the feet.

Afterall these are shoes to be gazed at to the most extreme degree.  Blink.  Rub.  Stare.  And stare again.  When you're wearing shoes, it's mostly onlookers that are staring at your feet and not you.  Not unless you literally go into 'shoe gazing' mode at bus stops.  So if I wore these, I'd have to faciliate some way so that the wedge was somehow put into my path of view every two minutes or so.  That's basically me at home with the feet propped up onto a coffee table, balancing a plate of chips on my tummy.  That therefore means that these are more likely to be more of an objet… probably one that will need its own clause in my will as well a dignified shelf that isn't from Ikea.

It will fall upon deaf ears but I will have to ask Raf Simons how he even conceived or conjured up the idea of a wooden wedge that is both made to look ravaged by nature but also looks like a deft bit of handiwork has been applied to it…?  Might just tap him on the shoulder some time around Paris menswear, interrupt a coffee/cig break and go "Yo Raf… these shoes… how and why?"  I'm sure that will go down like a treat.

So in short, there are questions to be asked but none that are consequential to the finite conclusion of these shoes… one which is better expressed through pics than more of my torrid, florid and ultimately shell-shocked language… blame it on very special black boxes and UPS men.

DSC_1903

DSC_1920

DSC_1926

DSC_1929

DSC_1931

DSC_1964

DSC_1968

DSC_1955
(Worn with Roland Mouret headband, Limedrop cloud print blazer, Gemma Slack crop top, Digitaria shorts, Cooperative Designs crocheted leg warmers, Moustache belt)

1. Sally says:

Oh you lucky lady. They’re breathtaking. The DETAILS on those wedges …

2. C says:

Paired with the legwarmers, that is one crazy, crazy outfit. You fiercely pull it off!
    Those shoes are incredible, but I’m not sure whether I like the colour of the upper parts of the shoe set against the the wood wedges. Still, they’re intense.

3. wow they are bloody amazing!

4. Kamicha says:

That is probably the most amazing pair of footwear I’ve ever seen, so great to see you treating them well. Lucky girl!
    And those legwarmers… …I’m starting to love them…

5. Naomi says:

They look great! Really like the jacket aswell

6. those shoes are rad enough but with those tights you just blew my mind!!! ;)

7. Sarah says:

shiiit! that is awesome!! i want these shoes! omg i want to try and carve myself up a pair next time im in the workshop! omg and wearing them with those crazy black leg warmers that dont actually look warm? haha that was genius!! your outfits and beautiful confidence amaze me every freaking time! soo glad i stumbled upon your blog, you’re very inspiring!
    xo

8. Osman Ahmed says:

Omg,i saw this outift in action today, i saw you rushing out of the V&A after the osman show! Looks awesome!

9. Becca says:

These. Shoes. Are. Beautiful.

10. Trip out, Wild Child!

11. kim says:

Oh. My. God. – these shoes stopped me in my scrolling track. Damn girl, you are so lucky!

12. klee says:

gorgeous shoes.
    love-decoded.blogspot.com

13. LEonidas says:

simply stunning. jil sander is always designing stunning pieces

14. wow, they look fairly tricky to walk in! so unusual though, i hadn’t picked up on them from the show.

15. We love the whole outfit.The leggings are the best.

16. clairey says:

Holey moley! I love!! I <3 cooperate designs forever. http://bloggamonsta.blogspot.com/

17. wow the shoes are works of art and the legwarmers!

18. 6roove says:

love it! so inspiring look

19. Alisa says:

You are the coolest person with the most personal style.

20. Persephone says:

Perfect with those leg pieces. Lucky you.
    xx Persephone

21. FOS says:

That is one amazing gift! The shoes are incredible and you & your crocheted leg warmers look fantastic

22. omg! fantastic! I wish my UPS man would drop me off gifts like those

23. dubbalubs says:

*dies*
    too…amazing….

24. Benji says:

They are really wicked heels. But I would have never guessed them to be Jil Sander! I had to re-read your post multiple times to be sure… If you were say that it was all a joke, and this was really some sick test of brand envy, I WOULD BELIEVE YOU. Well, I guess that’s how much I know…!

25. Rocky says:

They look hot! You look hot!
    Come back to Sydney, we need that spark around here! haha
    Together we could rule the city … hahahaha

26. ANNA t. says:

girrrrllll. i HAD to blog about these little loves. they made me so happy.
    take a look!!!

27. CAROLINE says:

Oh my word, I’m so jealous of you (always have been, but now, even more so)!

28. melissa says:

These shoes are incredible! wooooow, I’m speechless! <3

29. Duck says:

WOW. Just wow. I heart Jil Sander and Raf so. And you’re going to menswear? Me too! Maybe I’ll bump into you there!
    xx
    Duck

30. stunning!!! the leg warmers and wedges are perfection.

31. lulu,s loft says:

I just dont get it, the shoes are ugly where is the style!.
    There are so many of us girls looking for something different but these are not it.

32. Clare says:

Oh Lulu, I must disagree. The basis of the shoe is really simple, but it’s that wedge that really makes it. It’s so elegant and yet feels really natural – like it has literally just been picked off the beach. I love the colour of the wood against the leather too.
    You are a lucky, lucky girl Miss Bubble! These are one of the best pairs of shoes I have seen in a long time.
    Clare x

33. Laveena says:

You look fierce dame!

34. Kelly says:

These shoes are absolutely ah-mazing!

35. Ginta says:

they’re a work of art! they’re really meant to be put on display and admired!
    you’re a lucky girl!

36. Annie says:

love this outfit and those leg things are pretty special!

37. Steff says:

I would definitely break my no heels rule for these. Driftwood shoes are simply genious. And I still need to know where to get those Cooperative Designs…things.

38. k says:

These shoes are indescribably gorgeous. You are one very very lucky girl Ms Bubble!

39. Kellye says:

GREAT shoes, I’m officially uber-jealous.
    And congrats in general on that whole kickass geisha look you have going on in this outfit – the headwrap, the jacket, the shoes, all and all it is *killer*. Definitely a keeper.

40. Sarah says:

fat people shouldn’t wear those things on their legs

Sarah, if that is a slightly snide comment to say that I (as a fat person) shouldn’t be wearing them… then ta very much – really, just superb…
    If that’s a comment for fat people in general… then define your idea of ‘fat’… I’d agree, err…bulging sections of lag in between the different sections might not be completely agreeable… but then if the leg was toned but maybe even bigger in size than mine… these could still work I think…

42. oh my goodness. i want want want those shoes.

43. selina says:

oh woooow! even more dream like with your cloud jacket. i’m sure you’ll have to pretend you didn’t see a few people staring at these so they can continue to eye them up, they’re a feast for the eyes

44. Rita says:

They are fab!! Love the whole combination. Are they still availble to buy from Raf? …I hate you.

45. Shebelle says:

O.M.G. I’m mesmerized by your style. Never seen any bloggers putting embellishment to such edge. But don’t wood wedges weight too much?

46. j’adore cette silhouette, tr√®s novatrice l’air de rien !

47. I found over the years that many times I would call on a customer just to say hello and would ask if their is something I could help them with. There would always be something they were thinking of doing but just had not called me.

48. RAN says:

They’re really meant to be put on display and admired! you’re a lucky girl. http://www.game-hot.org

49. These shoes are sick man! Seriously, this is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while! Thanks for the pictures!