• #insideout oi oi @cosstores and @currentelliott - who made your clothes??? @fash_rev
  • Last @designerjumble outfit of the day - @saundersstudio jacket, Betty Jackson jacket, Antithesis shirt, @fromsomewhereuk top, Loewe skirt, Luella bag
  • More brilliant @designerjumble pieces @prada top and skirt, Antony Price parachute dress @rupertsanderson shoes
  • Made In Britain pieces by @jameslonglondon and @topshop Who made your clothes? #InsideOut @fash_rev
  • Amazing pieces from a 1,500 collection of Hannalore Smart, widow of Circus King Billy Smart Jr... Alaia,  Gaultier, Comme, Issey Miyake, Prada... All going into @designerjumble soon with some on auction!! Gaultier corset, vintage customised jeans, Prada shoes, CdG skirt - very Meadham Kirchhoff SS13!

>> @£*__!(£*@!!I'm in TOKYO!!@**&$)£@@!$$

I thought that small announcement warranted some keyboard symbol diarrhea.  This would have been a bogstandard "Look! I'm HERE!" post coupled with some unfortunate snaps that were taken a little hastily as it was pouring down with rain on us, but there is one mighty saving grace.  It came down to Meadham Kirchhoff's S/S 11 red silk polka dot dress that has been gathered and stitched up in all sorts of beautiful ways that comes with a matching Peter Pan tie-up collar and coral lace-edged slip, and very handily landed into my suitcase for this Asia-bound trip.   a) I wanted to pack as many pretty natural fibre-made pieces in as possible anticipating the climate and b) I sort of knew I'd be walking around feeling like a gawky ball of awkwardness in amongst Kawaii girls and this is such a delicate dress that it almost commands for you to be nothing but careful and composed.  That reflects the physical state of the dress.  The "dirty/pretty" undertones of Meadham Kirchhoff's thinking for the dress have already been shoddily dissected many times on the blog (mainly here for A/W 11-12 and here for S/S 11) but it's the contrast between innocent polka dots and lace-trimming and the warping of silk that makes for a dress that goes beyond being beautiful in construction.  There's a ruckus of fun still to be had in this dress after rainy Tokyo but for now, it's off a bevy of hidden shops, sticker machines, YEN to GBP calculations and of course, more belly-filling action…

IMG_5073

IMG_5077

IMG_5084

IMG_5089

IMG_5092
(Meadham Kirchhoff dress with matching slip and collar worn with Whistles jumper, Miu Miu bag, Church's brogues and black socks)

1. Kristie says:

LOVE the dress!!! Especially the texture and color. Looking forward to more posts on Tokyo. :)

2. Pearl says:

Aahh amazing!
    Are you planning to go to Odaiba? There’s a really fun, quirky hot spring place, where you walk around in yukata & barefoot. And you get to check out shops/eat Edo-style.

3. S says:

So lovely…. ;)
    Cannes by GARANCE DORE

4. I don’t want to seem exaggerated, but honestly now, whenever I have weak moments and forget just how amazing fashion is, and what an incredibly original and creative outlet it can be, I just come and check out your latest post and the world makes sense again. This outfit is just another example of fashion perfection. The lace collar mirrors the trimming of the dress, and the textures are wonderfully balanced with the addition of a knit, and studded leather! Ook . . going back to drooling over your dress . .

5. That dress is fab! Great look, love it! XO Raspberry & Rouge

6. That dress is fab! Great look, love it! XO Raspberry & Rouge

7. That dress is fab! Great look, love it! XO Raspberry & Rouge

8. evita nuh says:

So agree with Loana, whenever i feel like fashion is no fun I open your blog and I realize I was wrong :) Super in love with the dress and of course your bag! :D
    and oh I recently sent you an email I hope you can read it! :D thank you so much! *kisses!! have fun in Japan!

9. melissa says:

incredible look, wow, love it so much!

10. Sara says:

you have a great blog! I’ve just started to follow it :) I actually just arrived in Singapore, its too hot :(
    - lamodequivole.blogspot.com

11. love that lace collar and also love your shoes suzie ! you look great !

12. FashionCloud says:

what an adorable outfit!!
    really love and your blog
    xx
    TFC

13. Olive says:

Ahh love your outfit but your face look very exhausted xP

14. The texture and the color are so great……. love the zooms of the pics!!!!….. lovely!
    mertxehernandez.blogspot

15. I’m going to stick you in my street style celebrity post ;) Don’t tell the other bloggers, but you’re one of the most stylish. I’m sick of the same black Laboutin type shoes + pleated or cage skirts, ;)
    Have fun in Tokyo, don’t make too many boys & girls drool.
    Tallulah Doll

16. Robin says:

What a lovely dress!

17. Ive never seen anyone walking the streets of Tokyo as stylish as you. Love the detailed collar. Dreary weather we are having now. It makes wandering the endless shops a little difficult. Getting lost in Tokyo while it’s raining is a bit traumatic for me. I’ve just started to contribute to Droptokyo. I’ve sent you an email, I hope you have time to read it.

18. ooh STICKER MACHINES. PS, love the collar and shoes

19. Vanessa says:

Love the skirt! Very cute outfit!

20. ercai says:

Your article is quite good, I like it very much,
    Welcome to http://www.cheapvibramfivefingers.us,

21. Rowena says:

well hello MK dress…stunning craftsmanship (she said – geekily)