Any opportunity to reference one of my favourite 'film narrative' music videos is good, right?  On a note that's NOT related to Lionel Richie, this is just a wee note to say that I've popped up in Elle UK again in the new September issue.  Don't meant to sound like a sap, but I kind of love working with them and I'm obviously fairly chuffed that my words get to go elsewhere in formats outside of dear old Typepad.

IMG_3310

Elle Edits (that's the front section) salutes individuals.  Cue an interview with Louise Gray (duh…) and a piece by me about why it was so important to find pale blue slips in Camden and dress like Claudia Kishi from the Babysitter's Club when I was a teenager and why that all matters now…

IMG_3312

I also get to play A/W 11-12 fantasy paper doll outfit with a jumper by Carven, hat by Nasir Mazhar for Meadham Kirchhoff, trousers by Danielle Scutt and shoes by Nicholas Kirkwood for Meadham Kirchhoff.  Figures that a lot of Meadham Kirchhoff would come into the outfit equation…

IMG_3315

The rest of the issue includes a very indepth interview with J.W. Anderson, a fairly reassuring 'I'm-at-peace-with-myself' type of interview with Kirsten Dunst, who here is wearing a particularly lovely sheer polka dot dress by Stella McCartney…

IMG_3318

…and as you would expect in a September issue, a ton of STUFF (market pages, eds) that make you get all excited about the new season.  One thing that stood out was this feature where the Elle staff get to trial new season pieces.  One lucky intern got to wear a superb head-to-toe Jil Sander floral ensemble… that's motivation enough to send in a decent covering letter and a CV, no?

IMG_3323

1. Loved your styling in that still life. And the JW Anderson interview… UK September issues have been great so far…

2. Laura says:

I am so going to get this!! :) Love reading your stuff susie.
    OMG I used to have every single Babysitters club book, I also have the movie on DVD.
    ‘the brain the brain the centre of the chain….’

3. Kazuko says:

oh, looks exciting, have to buy that issue…

4. callahan says:

I always see you popping up in magazines, congratulations! So good to get your writing in so many places, and writing for Elle? This has surely got to be one thing ticked of the list. I am currently in the process of writing my 900 words for the competition featured in the issue. I think its my new thing I’m thouroughly enjoying lately…always worth the try.

5. Rachel says:

You are soo lucky for being in Elle UK magazine!!!!!
    Your outfits are so pretty and originals!!!
    XX by http://udontthinktwice.blogspot.com/

6. Taylor Lewis says:

So jealous your in elle! I cant wait for the september issue of vogue, gets me exited for the trends of A/W 11-12 eeek.

7. I want one!! But now I am not living in London anymore, I don’t know where to get it, can you send me a scanned version of the article ;)
    XO Charlotte

8. Caddi says:

I loved those books! W the Babysitter’s Club! O_O”
    :D Caddi

9. ellio100 says:

Hey congratulations on getting your writing in Elle, and the September issue too! I love blogging, but I get such a kick out of seeing my words properly typeset and my name in printed ink! I cancelled my Elle subscription last month to save money, but I wish I’d waited one month more…

10. Kate B says:

Congratulations! You’re all over the world with Elle! I found your Tokyo shopping trip in Elle girl (here in Tokyo) a few weeks ago, have you seen it yet? It’s a really cute spread!
    Katex

11. Shini says:

It was the first ever article I read off ELLE, absolutely loved it. You’re my favouritest bubbles http://goo.gl/WkFzS

12. It’s one of the best Elle’s article! And you look absolutely gorgeous!

13. Shan says:

Wow it’s so cool for you to be featured in this popular magazine and your outfit is fab! I also love Stella Mcartney’s translucent outfits this spring summer as you can spot on Kate Moss’s wedding (flower girls dresses), spoty is also very cute!

14. Georgina says:

I bought this issue yesterday to read on the train. It was a nice surprise to see you looking back at me from the pages. I really enjoyed the whole ‘individuality’ section. I think fashion magazines can often seem to tell women exactly what they should and shouldn’t wear, so it was nice to see Elle encouraging people to throw out the rulebook once in a while.

15. Olive says:

congrats for the press :)

16. Eeek, we got this in today at work and I didn’t get round to reading it!! Excited for tomorrow now.

17. Lindsey says:

Can’t wait to get it! Elle UK is always better than US Elle hahah!

18. Kate says:

Was so excited to read your article! Great issue…Elle is my fav!
    Kate

19. Wow, congratulations…..Thanks to GLamour Mag is how I found you ;)!

20. Michaela says:

One of the most beautiful ELLE issues to date, particularly liked the ‘Express Yourself’ feature!
    Michaela <3

21. saigon says:

congrats on the feature. nice to appear somewhere where many people will see u and appreciate u

22. Sabrina says:

I loved the whole individulaity aspect of the issue and thought it was quite refreshing from the usual, great job with the article Susie :)

23. Manuela Dack says:

Possibly the best post title ever… :)

24. Thestylistdb says:

Loved to see you in the opening of Elle, that I got the othjer day. read your blog everyday. I just moved from Italy for my fashion styling career and I hope to meet you one day.
    Take care
    XD

25. Katie says:

I havn’t got this issue yet but I love Elle, it’s my favourite mag by far :)