• Sasquatchfabrix S4 pyjama look
  • Pleats Please roses
  • Karaoke dunce cc @tommyton @Steve_Salter @junsukeyamasaki @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima
  • Karaoke Queens @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima !!!
  • Hiding in plain sight @craigandkarl X @lespecs_eyewear #sakura

>> This petition should have really started as soon as the announcement was made that the Metropolitan Museum of Art was to stage the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibition.  Since then of course, the stories of extended opening hours and record number of visitors (over 600,000) have only served to rub some of our non-New York travelling noses (I very nearly bought an air ticket purely to see it…) in the fact that most Europe-based Alexander McQueen fans (or just fashion fans in general) will never get a chance to see it.  There are as yet no plans for the exhibition to tour the world.  Business of Fashion has quite rightly added impetus that it should.

Right now though, I, like many Londoners/Brits just want it to come home.  I did think the Met was a highly prestigious venue to hold the exhibition and of course it has undoubtedly opened up McQueen's world and work to a whole new audience.  I don't begrudge the initial exhibition starting in New York at all.  It would however be a crying shame if it never makes it to London, the birthplace, home and workplace of Alexander McQueen and ultimately the city that galvanised and inspired a lot of his work.

Well, here's your chance to hopefully change that.  The wonderful Melanie Rickey aka Fash Ed at Large has started a petition to #BringMcQueenExhibitionHome – that's a somewhat long hashtag there to use if you're want to bleet/Tweet about it.  Rickey has already gotten word from the V&A that they'd be well up for housing the exhibition should the powers that be want to loan out the pieces to make it happen.  Let's try and grossly multiply the figure shall we?

1. ellio100 says:

I’ve never seen a petition requesting an exhibition before! I was kind of surprised it started at the Met, I agree it would be a shame if it isn’t shown in London. Fingers crossed it comes back to town!!

2. So damn spectacular, but so nonsensical that it’s not in London.
    …after all, the two were kinda made for each other.

3. J says:

Couldn’t agree with you more. I am signing the petition now. As a British designer I fail to see why it should not have permanent residency in London. Keeping my fingers crossed for his many fans would be a shame not to see it in Britian.
    J

4. X Alex says:

Thanks for sharing the video. Some how that video made the exhibition more permanent. I love McQueen and I believe that the exhibition should be seen by even more people.Ideally, it’ll be great if the exhibition can travel the world, or be held permanently somewhere.

5. Thuhibu says:

wooow, amazing clothes aka art

6. Koozie says:

Nice site with useful sahring,.
    I appreciate this kind of information,.keep sharing,.

7. Ashleigh says:

Thank goodness there’s finally a petition. I bought the gorgeous book that goes with the MET exhibition – lovely photographs and literature about the pieces but its not nearly the same as experiencing the actual exhibition. I really hope they bring it home to London.

8. Brigadeiro says:

My sisters (one lives in London, one in Sydney, Oz) saw the exhibition at The Met and I was/am incredibly jealous! As a birthday present they sent me the book for the exhibition, and it really must be unbelievable seeing McQueen’s works of art in real life. It would be SO amazing if it could be a permanent exhibition (as I know the chances of it coming Down Under are slim to none), to allow more of us to see these for ourselves as well.
    PS. Check out this new online magazine I am writing for: http://www.peutetremagazine.com , the photography is absolutely beautiful! ;)
    xx
    CC

9. Sabine says:

I got so excited when I heard about discussions to bring the exhibition to London. Will sign the petition with as many aliases as possible!

10. Great video to watch,.
    Very interesting .,I appreciate it,.