>> If all jewellery installations were like the one I saw at Delfina Delettrez' latest 'Love is in the Hair' collection presentation, I'm more than likely to venture to write about something I know nothing about and be well prepared to be slated to bits for it.  Fine jewellery is a world that is beyond me.  Its terminology of silver/gold/diamond weights, semi/full/non precious stones and settings, chains and clasps is something I've yet to acquire.  Delettrez therefore made it a whole lot easier for me to digest by bringing wigs into play.  Wigs created by opera wig maestros in Rome to be exact, designed to Delettrez' specification ranging from goddesses to pop icons to Marie Antoinette types.  Delettrez' eye is still everywhere, gazing at you from rings and pendants but the idea really came from encasing locks of hair in resin, an old fashioned token of love that developed into this madcap installation that did not fail to make everyone in Parisian sweltering heat smile and squeal a bit.  Marie Claire's Taylor Tomasi-Hill, who was at the presentation marvelling at it all, got it in one – "You'd have to be a very boring person to NOT like this!"  I'm inclined to agree….

IMG_4646

IMG_4648

IMG_4649

IMG_4654

IMG_4660

IMG_4661

IMG_4652

IMG_4662

IMG_4664

IMG_4668

IMG_4670

IMG_4673

IMG_4674

1. Karlito says:

I love how the wigs and jewelry play off of each other. Keeps the energy cycling continuously; I love it!

2. Evelyn says:

This is the new way of installing jewellery. It’s not just making the jewellery itself interesting, it also bringing out the sense of fine itself by having Marie Antoinette’s wig. Great post dear. Anw, is it in London?

3. Joy says:

This is so freaking awesome. Alice Wonderland x Marie Antoinette.

4. elvira says:

everything is just perfect.. and the necklaces i need them ALL!

5. lewis says:

Every hair is in place i would love to know how thats done its amazing my personal favourite is the first one i want them scissors check out my blog it isnt as good as your but ive only just began maybe one day mine will be as big as yours your an inspiration http://fashionsamnesty.blogspot.com/

6. polly says:

wow! AMAZING! please visit my blog and follow it?
    kisses
    x

7. Amy says:

They are literally terrifying.

8. WOW! This is so crazily different. I know its like really terrifying too but ya know, is terrifying neccesarily bad? ‚ô•
    xx

9. Caitlin says:

Really cool! what a crazy/amazing idea and slightly freaky… designer must have a wild imagination.
    New Blog. Please check it out if you wish http://thestyleswat.blogspot.com/

10. Esmeralda says:

Wow, they remind me of Dalis’s surrealism, amazing!

11. SJP says:

WOW! I’ll be honest, these wig creatures freak me out a bit – bf looking over my shoulder was very confused and thought I was looking at a Pan’s Labyrinth sequel. Lovely jewellery though – like the bangles.

12. Paolina says:

reminds me so much of Pans Labyrinth. I never knew you could do so much with hair
    check out my blog :)
    calurvillade.blogspot.com
    Paolina

13. This looks absolutely incredible. Reminds me of the jewellery designer Theo Fennel, he always displays his jewellery in the most inventive installations. I would love to have an exhibition like this one day.

14. imiloa says:

this is like…the coolest thing :)