The day when I can clomp about in neon patent, lilac ponyskin and a gigantic platform is looming and whilst you're probably sick of hearing of this collaboration and that collaboration, I do think that all the extra material that Six London and Far Fetch are producing for this Six Bloggers shoe project is rather good and worth mentioning.

These shots by Six London and Far Fetch, given exclusively to Dazed Digital already have me excited to get my hands on them as various outfits involving lilac and neon are ready to be rolled out in honour of these beastly shoes.

Shot1

Sho2

Just to recap the roll call of bloggers involved include Style Salvage Steve, The Man Repeller, Stockholm Streetstyle, The Cherry Blossom Girl and The Facehunter are the others and here are their resulting shoes.  Playing favourites in my case is a bit disingenuous because one of the other bloggers is my boyfriend.  That said, I do GENUINELY dig Steve's leaf printed desert boots, if only for the pure photo opportunity of wearing them whilst leaf crunching in Hampstead Heath.

Bloggershoepic1Bloggershoepic5Bloggershoepic4

Bloggershoepic3Bloggershoepic2Bloggershoepic6

In addition to instagrams, pics and vids, there are inspiration boards that the Far Fetch peeps have put together, conjuring up the things THEY see when they look at the shoes which is an odd perspective to have.  In my particular case, it's gonna take a lot more than a cute moodboard and a fake polaroid to convince the wider population of buying into my particular specimen of shoes.  How many relatives do I have again?  Will there be enough who will take pity and buy my shoe for the sole purpose of reminding them that they have a very strange niece/cousin/grandchild?

Insp

Insp1 Insp2

Insp3

Insp4 Insp5

The experience of collaborating with SIX London who celebrate their ten year anniversary, did not involve just satisfying my very personal and very whimsical shoe fantasy.  On our trip to Guimar√£es in Portugal, I got to discover more about the factory that SIX uses to produce all the shoes for Opening Ceremony and bStore – a mid-priced/contemporary level shoe haven that surprisingly is still very much about hand/manual process.  Someone made a snide comment about cheap shoe production in Portugal and assumed that the shoes that we're creating with SIX London are of the mass-produced ilk that Portugal's towns such as Guimar√£es, Felgueiras and S√£o Jo√£o de Madeira are capable of.  Portugal's shoe production in wake of production capabilities in China has in fact been dwindling over the past few years.  I gather there are factories of a wide spectrum, capable of producing anything from cheapie plastic flip flops to high-end designer shoes.  British brands such as Eley Kishimoto and indeed Jose Neves of Swear and Tracy Neuls paved the way for higher-quality shoe production in Portugal a few years back and SIX London continue by sourcing factories to take on the balance between quality and quantity that brands like Opening Ceremony require.

IMG_3180

IMG_3196

Both Steve and I are factory freaks so we got stuck into disrupting these workers' day and getting snap happy.  It seemed to me that the factory was somewhere between small scale artisan and mass production and it instantly dispelled the myth that Portugal's shoe manufacture was relegated to low quality and mass product.  I thought I wouldn't see a single soul in the factory with one machine after another churning out OC shoes.  The turnover of this factory where my shoe will be made is in fact quite small in comparison to say a Topshop or an ASOS and so the processes can still be somewhat manual and hand-based.

IMG_3296

How many velvet platform Opening Ceremony shoes does the world need?  A lot it seems….

IMG_3187

IMG_3264

At the time, we got a sneak peek of the bStore S/S 12 print…

IMG_3191 IMG_3192

IMG_3284

IMG_3266

IMG_3294

IMG_3261

IMG_3289

IMG_3242

IMG_3283

IMG_3235

We also got a glimpse of bStore's S/S 12 collaboration with Liberty which is A-MAZING.  Just a warning that I'm going to be getting supremely Liberty happy come January-March as they have truly brilliant collaborations coming up with Nike (again), the aforementioned bStore AND Dr. Martens.  The last one has a lot of embargos on information and pictures going out but I'll be badgering them for previews as soon as I can…

IMG_3271

Finally, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Cesar.  All Hail Cesar for making my tricksy shoe happen.  In addition to Cesar scratching his head over my difficult shoe shape, we also gossiped about which labels/brands made good shoes and which made absolutely terrible ones.  I won't point fingers but let's just say I'll be avoiding a few shoe brands now after some insight from Cesar.

IMG_3202

1. Particular shoes!!! :-)
    I like it!

2. lucy says:

Wowee Susie, this post is fascinating, how wonderful that you got to visit the factory! really interesting.. my personal favourite thing tho is the beautiful collages, I adore the drawings and graphics :) x

3. Sean says:

Ooh, truly awesome! Love the behind-the-scenes shots and seeing the work that goes into some of my favorite shoe brands…thanks for sharing~~

4. Krystal says:

I am in love-Obsessed with your shoe! I got the press release about a month ago, and was immediately enamored with your shoe! Well done! x

5. karin says:

Very interesting post. Love the colors of your shoes and your inspiration board. Great pictures.Kisses from http://www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

6. hello! (: Portugal have a very pretty shoes!! I live in portugal and i don’t knew any this shoes there! I’m in love ihih

7. Richenda says:

mmmm i really am intriuged by the good and bad shoe list.
    This post is so exciting, it makes me wish I had money and that I bought shoes.
    How are they being sold??

8. A says:

Oh wow, isn’t this every girl’s dream to create her own fairytale shoes? Wowee. Ax

9. farfetch says:

They are available to buy on farfetch.com from 22nd November! •ƒƒ•

10. Mr Sleek says:

That’s hands work is so inspiring… simply love it
    _MR SLEEK_

11. Harriet Kennedy says:

What colour shoes would go with a coral pink dress?

12. Harriet Kennedy says:

What colour shoes would go with a coral pink dress?

13. Harriet Kennedy says:

What colour shoes would go with a coral pink dress?

14. Laura says:

I love seeing the little creative processes behind the shoes – really fabulous post!

15. mat says:

loved this post suse, factory posts over on SS are some of my fav posts they’re done so i can appreciate this to no end. i like the fact that you two in the team photo look so happy and exciting, in a sort of geeky school photo way. seeing the process behind the collection is what i really like though, from start to finish. it would be really satisfying for you guys

16. Such a cool collaboration. I would go for the shoes from Carolina, works best now with the bump. But all are very unique and totally inline with the bloggers who designed them ;)
    XO Charlotte

17. TheLastTaylor says:

Agreed, All hail Cesar!

18. la femme says:

They’re all pretty awesome :)
    Love the factory pics!

19. Liberty says:

Love the factory pics.
    And steve’s shoes.
    That said, Caroline’s shoes are a blatant and bad knockoff of Chloe boots, same color and style. And I do like her blog, but it’s quite shameful that they would reproduce those shoes and call it a new design.

20. Fancy pants says:

That was my first thought when I saw Caroline’s shoes also. Not inspired by but blatant knock off. It is rather disappointing to have them marketed as original but I guess it makes us appreciate the originality of the other designs that much more. Yours are most certainly unlike any shoe I’ve seen, Susie!

21. Olive says:

Love your shoes!! Ah it’s a great opportunity to go to that shoes factory. By the way i loveee your choco outfit!

22. Aja says:

Oh my goodness! I love factory photos. Thanks for posting these. Shoemaking is so fascinating!

23. ohhh my…where can i get those shoes? super love…… i think il have a fever not having those…huhu

24. kasia says:

wow! where can i buy shoes six? they’re beautiful!

25. Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this web site regularly, this site is actually pleasant and the
    users are in fact sharing good thoughts.