>> Apologies for things looking a little slow on the NYFW blogging front.  You know how I like – nice and slow, taking my time, chillaxing with showroom visits and then unleashing them slowly with oozy motion.  Hmmm… am I talking about fashion shows?  Beware.  When one wakes up at 5am every day from relentless jet lag, words like "ooze" and "chillaxing" leave the keyboard.  I'm going to be knuckling down throughout the day in the spare hours to quickly catch up but for now, here's a little catty something something.  A pair of "Va Va" Karen Walker sunglasses together with an Opening Ceremony x Glamour (a weird collaboration that reads like yoghurt and marmite but somehow works…) cat eye sweater that has been doing the street style rounds gave me super charged cat power.  Not the persona or the singer alas, but the type of cat power that gives me the strength to zip around shows, not feel the increasingly abrasive cold and also answer interview questions about Downton Abbey (I LOVE the fact that Downton has gone Stateside and that I'm suddenly the token British spokesperson to talk about it in fashion interviews).

In addition to the cat power, I've pulled another Topshop shocker.  Meaning I wore something from Topshop and people go "No?  Really?  Topshop?!?"  This Topshop Boutique skirt and matching bomber jacket are poofy in all the right places and features a nubbly graphic weave in the polyester that makes you think polyester is actually incredible as a fabric.  To top it all off, these Simone Rocha wedges got a proper trial.  Walkability?  A half an hour walk and they start hurting a little but err shamfully, I get to zip around in a Range Rover Evoque for the week, so I get to practise the art of swinging your legs elegantly out of a car without looking like a tangle of limbs.

IMG_6599

IMG_6610

IMG_6566

Nam
(Photograph above by Nam for Grazia.it)

Catty
(Yes, I'm getting incredibly juvenile with my S-pen that comes with the Samsung Galaxy Note that I've been using…)

1. ivette says:

love karen walker’s stuff.. I cherish the only pair of sunglasses I have by the label.. but yours are fabulous.. and those shoes, I can imagine they’re not so comfortable but glamour is never that much of a comfort zone… you look awesome as usual..

2. Katia says:

Amazing outfit :) those shoes are great

3. adi says:

I love Susie style I ‘m your fan club

4. No? Really? Topshop? :-)) Great look–it’s very unique and elegant at the same time. I love the cat stuff and sorry the shoes hurt, but they’re cool anyway! Have fun!

5. Lydia says:

I love it. You look amazing. I love the glasses with an extra dose of cat in your top. And that jacket and skirt set are amazing!!!

6. Serdane says:

You look is very awesome ! Very original because I’m sure that people wore colors and stuff crazy as usual.

7. Aja says:

You’re such a cool cat in your Topshop boutique. And yes, that was PUNishment for being late with the coverage. I kid. Chillax. Enjoy yourself.

8. maya.autumn says:

not that keen on cats but…this has made me see them in a different light!- Your outfit is amaaazing x

9. amalie says:

hah, soosoo good!!
    x

10. Natalie says:

Those wedges are messing with my mind. I keep thinking you’re standing on your tip toes!

11. Donald says:

This is a dope street style look. If you like stuff like this than you should also check out http://realstylelives.com

12. laura says:

love the wedges they are so different.

13. Ditto. Plus I like the lipstick.

14. After anmal prints, animal faces! Love the fun but not corny trend.

15. Great look, I love the sweater!
    missredsocks.blogspot.com

16. Mary says:

I can’t get over how amazing your wedges look from a distance!

17. pilla says:

Really cool outfit! Not many people would fit into that :)

18. Suzi says:

mieow! purr! love your kitty-inspired outfit!
    If you ever get the chance to, I’d love you to come & say hi on my little blog.
    Suzi x
    For the Love of Audrey

19. Anastasios says:

Amazing look dear! Best choice as you too are like a cat :) Pretty and elegant that is!
    Enjoy the fashion week.
    xoxoxo

20. Mica says:

Love the outfit! that cat tee is awesome!
    awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

21. Love your outfit. I took your picture yesterday.

22. Bianca says:

I’m madly in love with this outfit! <3

23. Those sunnies are such a perfect match for your style. Impressive ensemble!

24. J says:

It’s a perfect match!

25. kinsman says:

Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This sort of clever
    work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys I’ve included you guys to
    blogroll.

26. I must express my respect for your kindness supporting those people that actually need guidance on your subject matter. Your very own commitment to getting the message all through came to be amazingly informative and have all the time permitted girls just like me to attain their desired goals. Your entire warm and friendly instruction indicates a whole lot a person like me and especially to my fellow workers. Thanks a ton; from everyone of us.

27. You could definitely see your expertise in the work you write.

The sector hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.
    All the time go after your heart.

28. WhatsApp handled ten billion messages per day as of August 2012,
    expanding from one billion in October 2011.
    It, generally, includes 160 characters per message and the fastest means of conversation.

29. Easily include and alter your contacts stored in the Get in touch with Management database.

Some would favor the KIK messenger because it also has similar attributes.
    The one downside is that you have to create a Flickr account.

30. lewat.in says:

Put the Flash modchip to any USB slot to the system.
    You’re likely to put your iPhone in DFU mode, that will be necessary to
    conclude the jailbreaking.