• Sasquatchfabrix S4 pyjama look
  • Pleats Please roses
  • Karaoke dunce cc @tommyton @Steve_Salter @junsukeyamasaki @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima
  • Karaoke Queens @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima !!!
  • Hiding in plain sight @craigandkarl X @lespecs_eyewear #sakura

>> Why am I seemingly quoting Chinese philosophical fables in the title?  That is in fact the rather odd title of Belgian designer Niels Peeraer's first proper collection.  Peeraer hails from the Royal Academy in Antwerp and made it over to London Fashion Week through the presence of Showroom Belgium.  Peeraer's sole use of vegetable tanned bridle leather instantly had me hooked, especially when you went up close to it and saw the intricacy of their construction.  Apparently the title of the collection refers to a girl and a boy, trying to protect their family crest and traditions.  I guess these pieces must be their heirlooms, up for safeguarding.  Regardless of elaborate titles though, these bags really respect and make full use out of this material, maintaining its slightly rough quality as well as working in complex and intriguing shapes and patterns.

IMG_1037

Dsc_8897

Dsc_8922

IMG_1027

IMG_1029

Dsc_8957

IMG_1022

His final year graduate collection from the Royal Academy in Antwerp also incorporated leather goods but alongside a whimsical menswear collection with another curious title.  Peeraer is certainly a story teller of sorts and the good thing is that the final pieces in his collection aren't overly burdened with narrative and are in themselves, finely designed products.

1. Jacqueline says:

wow, this is such an impressive collection. I can’t believe they managed to do all this with leather!

2. lipnstick says:

I saw his collection at the show in antwerp!! it was sooo pretty!! love the guys in the tutu’s!!! love this post!

3. Camille says:

Beautiful collection, I think it’s quite more Art than Fashion ;) !!

4. Those bags are amazing. I love to discover new talents.

5. Wow, thank you for introducing this collection to us. Such an amazing collection and I am madly in love with the bags

6. Beautiful handbag….
    I like a lot… :)

7. This collection is so strangely calming to look at. Zen like photography and inspiring collection. Thanks for highlighting it. Ommmmmmmmmmm.

8. Anneka says:

Do the bags smell as good as they look?!
    aminorobsession.blogspot.com

9. style-attack says:

love the bags and the way he uses the leather as a structure material!

10. Jane Alisa says:

I need that bag in my life, sinister but sweet at the same time xoxo

11. Such intricate and clean products… Love the attention to detail and the apparent simplicity hiding a complexe and well executed design.

12. ciara says:

will you kindly clear off and go curate your vain fashion week outfits, little sycophant?
    you know who

13. Áine says:

This is absolutely beautiful. Delighted to have been introduced to something so amazing; thank you!

I didn’t get right up close to sniff them (thought that might be a bit rude/weird) but I should think they do smell pretty damn good….

15. I love all this cutting and folding, this is so edgy.

16. Nathan says:

omg i remember seeing this too on the first floor of Somerset house and got a chance to meet the designer himself.
    i bet just like u that u were instantly grabbed by the attention of the leather craft pieces, did u at first think it was fleet ilya? i did.. lol

17. faten says:

i just discovered your blog yesterday and i’m in love with it

18. Shai says:

Those bags are so unique and exotic looking. So inspiring.

19. Peter says:

This leather-work is otherworldly – I’ve never seen anything like it! Leather is, apparently, a very versatile medium.
    Peter @ low–couture.blogspot.com

20. Swan says:

This is insanely perfect. Off the scales. Want want want. REALLY want. And love too. Perhaps some druling as well.