Hero-Susie-Bubble-Image>> I'm embarking on what will be a bit of an epic journey over the next two months which means, I really am going to construct some sort of an avatar to stick on the sidebar just to let people know where I am in the world.  Actually my mother will also be grateful for the status update as she has despaired over the last two years of constantly calling me up, only to find a horrid international dialling tone.

My travels begin in Australia as the smart folks of Portable have brought me out there to conduct a series of talks on the subject of fashion blogging and how it fits into the industry in 2012.  It's a little more focused than some of the talks I've done in the past where it's all about me, me, me and more about how brands and bloggers can/should work together and how at the end of this confusing meeeeeedja rainbow, we still have something meaningful and authentic to hold on to.  Each talk will consist of a presentation, then a Q&A session and then some fun drinks.

I'm under the cosh to impart SOMETHING useful as each ticket costs a *cough cough* AUD 80.  I'm not responsible for the pricing but I'd like to add that the talks are probably more geared towards professionals working in sales, brand management or PR so it is a little pricy for that reason.  That said, I do believe there is a special rate for journalists and the like so do enquire with Portable via email.

This is the schedule as it stands:

Brisbane, Friday 27th of AprilThe Edge, State Library of Queensland, 3pm-5pm

Sydney, Thursday 3rd of MayDendy Opera Quays, Circular Quay, 4pm-4pm.

Melbourne, Friday 4th of MayThe Australian Centre of the Moving Image, Federation Square, 3-5pm

Tickets can be booked on the Portable website.

In other Aussie news, I'll of course be in Sydney for the newly rebranded Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia.  There are changes ahoy as some of my faves such as Arnsdorf, Karla Spetic, Lover and Dion Lee aren't on schedule but nonetheless I'm looking forward to a still-somewhat packed schedule.  Here are some pretty polaroids taken by Imogene Barron of Love Want magazine, as a reminder of all that is good and Aussie in fashion.

Tumblr_lvvb90Xz271r4ajg9o1_500 Tumblr_lw7vr7U8171r4ajg9o1_500

Tumblr_m2jhoritv11r4ajg9o1_500

Tumblr_m251meNjPP1r4ajg9o1_1280

Tumblr_m2jj0wVziB1r4ajg9o1_500 Tumblr_m2826eMwNe1r4ajg9o1_500
(Aussie designers featured from top to bottom: Dion Lee II, Lover, Arnsdorf, Josh Goot, Karla Spetic and Bassike, Romance was Born)

After my Portable jaunt, I'll be travelling around Asia for a project that involves quite a bit of travelling over the next two months.  I can't reveal what it's for just yet but this is just a heads up as to where I'll be over the next month or so as I'll be requiring a bit of reader help if you'll be so kind.  Cue plenty of desperate tweets and Facebook messages asking for tips on cool happenings, local designers, food spots and other visually interesting spots.

This map is a rough outline of where I'll be travelling to over the next two months but first up, here's the Australia/Asian leg of my trip.

4th May to 7th May – Melbourne

8th May to 14th May – Tokyo

15th May to 20th May – Bangkok

21st May to 24th May – Shanghai

Trust me when I say that I'm not gallivanting around for funsies.  It will be work-related so like I said, any tips on any of those places, in particular Bangkok and Shanghai, in terms of the art/fashion/food/culture/design would be much appreciated.  A Where is Susie in the World? avatar is on its way.

Map
(Watercolour map by Michael Tompsett)

1. Clau says:

Good look and have a fun time…and Inspiration!!!

2. Great Susie…Congrats
    You can check my ETRO scarf in:
    XOXO from MUNICH
    La Vie Quotidienne
    SHOP in:

3. Have great fun. Thats will be quite a lot to cover and do in few months.

4. Joana Gomes says:

I so wish you’d come to Portugal to do this, but I don’t think we have a market big enough yet. (Which is actually why you should come here). If you ever do a talk in London, please do tell me as I’d love to know your thoughts.
    Enter my 100 followers giveaway!

5. I’m in Bangkok. Can’t wait to see you in person Susie!
    Please keep us updated how to get into your event. I am lingerie designer and blogging is just a hobby but I still want to meet my blog idol ^_^
    Actually I just visited Hongkong and tried to find Liger shop at Silvercord but it was closed :( but I found nice stuff at IT shop!
    Have a nice day!
    Hang

6. Megan Lundberg says:

New Zealand!

7. Mary says:

Have fun
    Love from Portugal!

8. Sophia says:

Woowww, freaking amazing! What an opportunity! I wish I could travel around Asia right now too. Bangkok wise, definitely check out the brand Wonder Anatomie (Siam Centre) and the huge market that is on on the weekend (I’ll have to come back with the name), it’s beyond amazing what you can find there fashion wise. My suitcase was way too full after I went last time. Bangkok seriously has the best malls EVER. Have the most amazing time ever! <3
    personaluniform.creatorsofdesire.com

9. Kate says:

How does any girl pack for two months…let alone Miss Susie Bubble?! :)
    Kate

10. That sounds like a fabulous (and yes, epic) journey. I can’t wait to see your posts from the road.

11. Dom says:

For your trip to Bangkok, you MUST check out Jatujak weekend market. It’s our biggest market and I can’t even begin to describe what you can find there because you can find EVERYTHING there. And also make a stop at Siam Square and Siam Center for local Thai designer pieces. Have a great time!!

12. Kaylene says:

So I’m assuming you will be busy preparing yourself for your talk, but on the off chance you are not, I hope you will be able to make it to Sydney Institute’s “The Innovators” show, 2pm on Thursday at MBFWA. If not, i’d love to send you my lookbook – the next best thing to seeing it on the runway. Looking forward to your visit!

13. Nathan Niche says:

thhiiiiis is amazing! congrats susie, well-deserved, nuff said! lol ;)
    xx nathan.niche
    -FIND YOUR NICHE-

14. Jayabalos says:

hi sussie! i am jay, reader from philippines. good to know you’ll be visiting my favourite city in our region – bangkok. if you want to know must-eat and see places. i can give you tips. i know the city by heart. also, the underground fashion labels you shouldn’t missed.
    thank you!

15. MB says:

Yay!! I’ll be there at the Brisbane event! This is a great website for finding interesting places around Brisbane (and there is one for Melbourne and Sydney too): http://thethousands.com.au/brisbane/
    GoMA (http://qagoma.qld.gov.au/) is a great space, seeing as you’ll be right next door. And Little Stanley Street (http://www.southbankcorporation.com.au/little-stanley-street) has some nice spots(I’d recommend Sardine Tin, Piaf or something at River Quay: http://www.visitsouthbank.com.au/riverquay).

16. boris says:

in bangkok: jatujak market, section 16, soi 4. Contemporary thai fashion. There is huge vintage dept in same market.

17. Mint says:

Bangkok
    Jatujak Market’s open only Sat-Sun
    section 2-4 is quite good and section 5 for vintage cloth
    i invite you to go to 77th shop
    an accesory’s brand that i’m in love
    they have a shop at
    Siam center 3rd floor and Jatujak Market Section 3 ,etc
    you can send a mail to me
    to ask everything you wonder :)

18. Deadly Bite says:

Whoa! Good luck with your world tour! ;)
    I live in Spain, so I can’t help you with tips, but I’ll be here to read all of your adventures LOL
    PS. That Dion Lee II outfit looks awesome ^^
    Love! xx

19. Judy says:

Susie,
    Safe travels around the world of fashion. Many of us will be with you in spirit as you view and feel the colors, textures, patterns, etc. Enjoy it all and keep us in the loop!
    Judy

20. Judy says:

P.S. I forgot to say you can save any extra swag for me!

21. Elizabeth Muir says:

I wish you could do a trip to Perth too- we have amazing fashion here! Don’t underestimate Ellery, Wheels and dollbaby, Flannel, Bhalo, Breathless, Daniela Caputi, Catini designs….. The list is endless.
    I think you’d have a large audience here.
    xo

22. Veronique says:

Hi Susie! Let me know when you are in Shanghai. I live here and work in luxury goods. I also have a blog – which covers art, design, fashion etc. http://www.theneoncactus.com – think there would be a lot for us to catch up about. Would be happy to show you around to all the interesting spots. Veronique X

23. Veronique says:

Oh yes and in Bangkok go to Soul Food for dinner! Amazing food – know it very well, can put you in touch with some people if you want.

24. Patmore says:

Around the world to discover ,i think Bangkok will be ideal .

25. Mint says:

Hi Susie! I’ve been following your blog for a big while. And yes, glad to know that one of your pin points is BANGKOK! I wish I could meet you in person! Please keep update.
    Warm welcome from BKK. :))

26. Share Design says:

We look forward to seeing you in Melbourne!

27. Blitzpop says:

local Shanghai restaurant recommendation: it’s a super authentic hole-in-the-wall visited by only locals. LanTing CanTing (ÂÖ∞‰∫≠ȧêÂéÖ) is at 107 SongShan (µ©Â±±) Rd, off of HuaiHai (Ê∑Æʵ∑) Rd. the menu’s only in Chinese. it’s also in the middle of town near a lot of great attractions, such as XinTianDi (Êñ∞§©Âú∞). Enjoy your time there!