>> There isn't too much to say about these other than "PVC! PASTELS! BROGUES! BASS!"  The last word denotes the brand G.H. Bass, which in my mind is associated with being extra comfy, as I've now had two pairs of Bass loafers and found them to be excellent for excessive wear and walking.  These particular specimens are part of Bass' ongoing collaboration with the can't-help-but-fall-for-it cutesy designer Rachel Antonoff.  Whose brother is the guitarist from that band Fun, whose song has been to following me everywhere I go on the radio.  That's just a random fact that I learned in Pitti.  Nothing to do with Rachel Antonoff whatsoever.  Except "Toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight… We are young… " is exactly the sort of feel-good sentiment that overwhelms you when you wear these shoes.

148

IMG_5745

IMG_5760

IMG_5753

1. jess says:

i love them!!

2. ttea says:

Those are some pretty quirky looking shoes. They look pretty comfy though.
    I just wanted to say that it’s great how regularly you post, I always look forward to it. I try to post as often as possible, and keep the regularity.

3. Amanda says:

Fantastic! I love brogues and those are just so much fun!

4. scarlet says:

love all the see through shoes that are coming out at the moment. these are great x

5. pearl says:

Ah! Bass! I have bagged myself a pair (yellow, gingham print) at an outlet in the US of A the last time I went. Although very comfy on the sole-side, but the leather around my ankles always rubs my skin off. I have worn it for more than 5-6 times now, and have yet to break in them. Woe is me!

6. clau says:

great!!!
    I love the cocacolos shoe!
    xoxo from germany

7. I love those shoes! Great colours and they look great next to the love hearts… makes me want to eat some.

8. Lim says:

I really love this pair! Specially with the extra comfy!
    xoxo
    Lim

9. @lea says:

these shoes are soooo amazing! love them they really fit to you!
    the first pic has been made so sweet! <3
    xoxo

10. Love love love the shoes!
    Step into Estherina’s World

11. maya.autumn says:

they’re great!
    i need/want a pair v.much:D

12. Wow 3/3! Love each element combined. Great shoes.
    Christie x

13. Anna says:

I love those shoes! So comfy looking but super stylish. I love your blog!
    Anna
    stylescreed.blogspot.com

14. Suzi says:

These are insanely cute. Love. Check out my new post featuring my favourite plaid skirt.
    Suzi x

15. Cassandra says:

Omg! The shoe is to die for! I love it!
    backtofive.blogspot.com

16. Denise says:

I had no idea Bass was still around! They were the only shoes anyone wore when we all prepped out in high school back in Ontario in the late 80s (please don’t do the math. Fun fact, Linda Evangelista went to my high school but just missed the Bass phase. She still had huge hair upon graduation). The penny loafers and a boat-shoe style called Blookers, or Blukers (can’t find any reference to them online) were ‘it’, but I went rogue and had a pair of their pink and white saddle shoes which were stolen at a party the first time I wore them. My dad picked me up in my socks and asked what kind of a party was this where people steal your shoes. (ALL the Bass and Converse were stolen!) This was a week after my black penny loafers were stolen from the school washroom while I was changing in the stall. The shoes you’re wearing in this post are far more theft-worthy than what we had!

Denise, your anecdote is a singular blog-post in itself! Thanks for taking the time to comment. How awful that your shoes were stolen. I went to such a mild-mannered school, that stealing a pencil would be considered risque. If I was you I’d be wandering around town looking at everybody’s feet and thinking “Was it you who stole my shoes?”

18. Denise says:

I know, it makes St. Catharines seem like a town of thieving, style-conscious thugs! I think it was the cosmos way of telling me to buck the trend. I did actually spend the next few weeks scanning the floor whenever I found myself in a teenage crowd (at a dance someone asked – Did you lose a contact?). Hardly anyone had the black loafers (everyone seemed to feel safer with brown or burgundy) so I was suspicious of the few who did have them. And then I saw the twin sister of a guy from our school wearing the pink saddle shoes on the street and tried to do some sleuthing through her brother to find out where she got them. The story seemed dubious. To this day I wonder if those were mine!

19. Kirsty says:

I saw these on Man Repeller’s Instagram and it was love at first site – they are AMAZING!!

20. asi says:

So lovely shoes. amazing color. love it
    parfum pas cher

21. asim says:

fabulous , love this shoes

22. CamMi Pham says:

Lovely shoes….the colors are so fun
    x
    cammi

23. Looking Gorgeous…. Very Beautiful…..

24. CatLilley says:

These are so gorgeous!! I love brogues and it is so refreshing to see a quirky pair in summery pastels :) The cut out detail is just adorable too
    Cat Xx