• Close up of @_dion_lee_ skirt and #ToBeAdored shirt from @sister_tokyo
  • Chased after Brunie here up Hollywood Road. Just because.
  • Thanks to @mrstreetpeeper for tip off about designer sale at top of Times Square. Scored this Junya Watanabe jacket for £150!!! #bargain
  • Insta thank you to @andotherstories and @mrstreetpeeper for putting a bit of spring in my step
  • Retro Hong Kong caff interior at Matchbox Cafe

It seems two of my favourite spots in London are fire-breathing mythical birds.  The first is The Phoenix Cinema, a veritable jewel of a screening room in the otherwise mild and dull area of East Finchley.  The second is The Phoenix Garden, a not-so-secret community garden tucked away behind Shaftesbury Avenue in the heart of town.  It happens to be a place where I can go all out Princess Comme with a few new finds that my sister very kindly picked up for me at the legendary Dover Street Market Market sale (pray tell, what miraculous finds did you all sweep up?).  On second thoughts, Princess Comme may be a stretch.  Perhaps lady-in-waiting Comme is a better description, when gallivanting around this teensy patch of slightly wild and not overly manicured garden, in an outfit that is basically me saying "Hurrah!  I'm back in London where tights and layers are a necessity again!"  I was also purposefully fuddy duddy in my resolution to pair tights with sandals.  On a weekend that celebrates THE Queen of granny-chic, I too had to pay homage to my own granny tendencies.  This may mean that Christopher Kane's S/S 12 crystal-encrusted satin pool sandals aren't getting the innocent ing√©nue treatment that they quite rightly deserve.  That time will come soon enough though, when mini dresses of lace and brocade will properly showcase the versatility of the pairing of a pair of bog standard pool sandals and excessive bejazzling.  For this dampened and grey weekend though, it's time for this lady-in-waiting Comme to shuffle about.

IMG_2747

IMG_2748

IMG_2646
(Junya Watanabe trenchcoat, Comme des Garcons pink lace top, Uniqlo UT Laura Ashley t-shirt, John Rocha frilly culottes, Swash tights, Christopher Kane crystal embroidered sandals)

On a sponsored Uniqlo note, it's the last few days of Uniqlo's Uniqlooks UT Style contest where you style yourself in a UT tee and enter online for a chance to win $10,000.  Cold hard cash.  None of that gift voucher nonsense.  My Laura Ashley UT tee is just one of a bajillion UT options.  Go on.  They happen to wash well too if that's a deciding factor.

IMG_2670

IMG_2733

IMG_2701

IMG_2730

IMG_2718

IMG_2754

1. Tian says:

Gorgeous photos! I really love the trenchcoat.

2. Elisa Eymery says:

So I’m ashamed to say that I’ve never been to the places mentioned in this post, despite 10 agitated years in London… will definitely check them out. Very inspired layering.
    Elisa
    Wandering Minds clothing

3. lola says:

*I LOVE THOSE PICTURES! GREAT!*

4. iLkationova says:

The outfit is awesome!
    ilaktionova.blogspot.com

5. Can I have your tench coat please?! LOOOVE x
    Stephanie in Style

6. Nathan Niche says:

SUCH a lovely post with a nice mood with florals, so nice that u didnt over push the floral aspect, loves it! somehow u made those chriskane sandals work hun, niceeee ;)
    xx nathan.niche
    check out my new SS12 Prada sunglasses from the fashion show, they’re hot! like the wheels ;)

7. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

8. Joy D. says:

The sandals a so simple but beautiful. I am sure London is not as fun as the last several weeks but it must be nice to stop every once and awhile.
    PS. What a smart move to promote Uniqlo, their sales are climbing and they have a great business model!

9. Nastya says:

Never been there! Nice photos!!! <3

10. lish says:

Very pretty! Love that trench coat, it seems diy’ able. Good inspo

11. Taylyn says:

I can’t get over how perfectly adorable your sandals are!

12. kayli says:

love the pics and your outfit! the flowers are so cute, too!! wish i can visit there~~
    please check out my photo blog! any feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

13. fashiontop says:

Beautiful pictures as always ! I love this dress, the shoe is amazing, so well, the complete outfit is very nice !

14. Katrina says:

I love your sandles with beautiful flowers.
    And I love your dress, so pretty with flower hems.

15. Amanda says:

Such a lovely skirt, I love the hem.

16. These pictures are lovely!! I havn’t been to this garden before….my favourite spot at the moment is Kyoto gardens in Holland Park.
    I love everything about this outfit…the picnic-like-check peeking through, the Vintagey feel with the flowers and lace, the detailing on the skirt, the chiffon panelling on the trench and the CHRISTOPHER KANE SANDALS!! -Give me these shoes over the Queens jewels any day! ;)

17. These pictures are lovely!! I havn’t been to this garden before….my favourite spot at the moment is Kyoto gardens in Holland Park.

18. Deadly Bite says:

I love your granny chic! (LOL)
    100% British! :D

19. daisy says:

<3 the fowers would go stunningly with our FAWN collection now on https://marketplace.asos.com/boutique/university-of-westminster/collection would be great if you could check it out :)
    Daisy
    surmagique.blogspot.com

20. Gorgeous outfit! You look so amazing in feminine colors!

21. C says:

omg i work in east finchley and know the exact cinema you are talking about! havent been there though, must check it out.

22. Looking Gorgeous…. Very Beautiful…..

23. James says: