• Karaoke dunce cc @tommyton @Steve_Salter @junsukeyamasaki @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima
  • Karaoke Queens @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima !!!
  • Hiding in plain sight @craigandkarl X @lespecs_eyewear #sakura
  • Accessorising my @ayame_socks  clad feet with @craigandkarl X @lespecs_eyewear and @christopherkanestudio belt
  • Robo Mentalz

>> If Thom Browne had thrown in a squid or two into his under the sea childhood-inspired psychedelic vision in his S/S 13 menswear collection, that would have been a personal coup for my love of the film The Squid and the Whale (aka. the breakout film for Jesse Eisenberg before he became Mark Zuckerberg).  Instead, he went for the lobster.  Still, there's no getting away from it.  I am looking at this collection thinking of nothing but those opening bars of Lou Reed's Street Hassle, which featured in a pivotal point in that film.  That cinematic association takes nothing away from what was a joyous and surprising collection for Thom Browne.  We've come to expect proportion-defying layering and extreme silhouettes from this menswear maverick but did we ever think we'd see almost-twee gingham patchwork quilting, whale and lobster prints that are worthy of a Notting Hill yummy mummy's choice for the bedroom interiros of Kye/Mackenzie/Tarquin/similarly-posh-child's-name and sparkly mirror and glitter brooches that look like they might have been sourced from Etsy.  Oh dear, I'm not really selling this to you, am I?  The point is these are hugely positive surprises that had me beaming as I scrolled through this collection, so much so that I overstepped my boundaries in blogging about menswear.  If Thom Browne transfers any of this to his womenswear collection, which tends to be a NYFW highlight anyway, then I'll dance my way out of the New York Public Library (where he normally has his shows).  Throw a squid in there and I'll hunt him down and give him a tight bear hug that would inevitably crease up his immaculate suit.  That's exactly the sort of gesture of appreciation that whales, lobsters and felt-tip pen gingham checks deserve.

00010big

00280big

00300big

1. <3 GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS <3
    www.pulsacoesplanetarias.blogspot.com
    www.pulsacoesplanetarias.blogspot.com

2. POPTUCKSHOP says:

I ADORE Thom Browne but I feel like the cartoonish whales are too gimmicky to fit in with his usual style. The trousers are my favourite bit I think. Annoyed I couldn’t make it to the presentation!

3. Lally says:

I might cry, this is too good. I love those beaded lobsters, the whale prints, the colours are great. WAHH!

4. Jasmine says:

I love it! Especially the first look. The whales are so fun and funky, I’d love to have this collection in my wardrobe. Its so refreshing to see menswear that is bright and colorful, not too serious.

5. Oana Cilibiu says:

OMG love this mix <3
    Oana:)

6. I am absolutely obsessed with whale prints at the moment. Love the jackets!!!

7. Cheryl says:

This is great! Reminds me of my valley girl preppy high school years, especially the whale motif! LOVE this post!

8. Sheena says:

OMG…
    Have always loved Thom Browne but this is so much more fun… the colorful checkered trousers and whale jacket… Love love love it… Im totally digging this no matter what…
    Sheena
    SheenaFab

9. This is eye candy if I ever saw it. I’ve scrolled up and down this page five times, just because it is so pleasurable to my eye to gawk at the colours, prints and mix of garments. Ingenious.

10. The whale prints is amazing. Love the mixed textures.
    Christie x

11. Nathan Niche says:

i just find this SUPER cute!!! awwww…. like childhood dreams and memories printed right onto clothes lol
    nicely thought textures and prints, wud like to see the whole look soon
    xx nathan.niche
    -FIND YOUR NICHE-

12. ttea says:

These are such cute suits. The colours, in combination with the whales, make them irresistible. I would wear one of those blazers anyway, even if they are for men.
    I’ve been wondering, you have very insightful and well written posts, and you post at least once a day, do you write the majority of your posts way in advance. It seems like it would be a lot of work to do it the day of, or the day before. Just wondering?

13. Serdane says:

I’m not that fascinating for his collection
    But he still representing his fashion vision which is appreciated from the industry, so well done.

14. Prints prints prints, love it !

15. Andreas says:

The whale prints are amazing. I like the colours, very bold but very fashionable I think. Probably women will like the jackets more than men.

16. I’m just kind of shocked at this collection honestly after having a much more severe looking collection last time. I’m still really hoping to see some of those incredibly massive menswear shoulder pads appear on some Tokyo street snap web sites or something.

17. Very artistic and original ! I love this mixing of colors ! Really !

18. Soffia says:

Very nice, serious Elsa Schiaparelli influence going on there… :)
    Soffia Theodora

19. sweet16 says:

hey guys i love the design it’s cute. i love clothes and i love to shop. and guess what i discover a site where in you can get discounts up to 60% try this site saversclub.us…

20. LOVE this so much – great textiles. i also have a lingerie giveaway on my log if you’re interested!

21. This is so incredible! Amazing collection!

22. Molly says:

Great prints! So whimsical for menswear. Thom Browne is a visionary.

23. Kelly says:

this is insanely inspiration and oh my god I love that movie, the Squid and the Whale! The Lou Reed “street hassle” song mixed into that film is the best part… and I love me some squid/octopi print for sure. Nonetheless, the mixture of all of these textures and prints is somehow working to inspire me insanely.