I'm boring myself and others talking about the weather.  If it was a topic that slipped in and out of normal British conversation in a fleeting manner before this summer, then at present it's a raging bull waiting to come charging out of everyone's mouth, because of the sheer disbelief of how bad it has been weather-wise, despite the poor track record of summers past.  Therefore I'm stopping myself right now.  I'm accepting it, moving on and now I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I won't be baring my arms outside of the house.  Tops and dresses with spaghetti straps be gone.

I have got my goosebump and wind resistence legs though that means there's no need for tights.  Yet.  I may eat my words when St. Germans midges come attacking at Port Eliot festival this weekend (who's going?).  I'm not allowing the grey skies to claim my floral and tropicana pieces either just because the cloud controllers up there aren't allowing any light to shine through and bask these pieces in the sunlight that they deserve.

MSGM may be the new "contemporary" (can we think of a more sensical word for mid-priced ready to wear that isn't as pricy has top-end ready to wear) label that's getting everyone all excited over clothes that don't have four digit prices on em' and yes, the label has suddenly popped up everywhere.  However, there's no getting away from the fact that their pieces do pack a visual punch for not a hefty amount of money.  This frayed-edge boucle floral dress even got Steve excited.  He usually writes off most of my clothes as my "Periods, Sticker and Boys" category of cray-cray, which he is happen to let me revel in.  This, he liked to the point where he was trying to perfect detail shots of it.  Give him a distressed textile and he's happy.  The dress neatly segues into my lady-lady look in the rain complete with cheery bucket hat and my forever-faves, some Salvatore Ferragamo Vara pumps.  The powder blue suede reminds me of granny velvet tissue boxes.

IMG_8491

IMG_8527

IMG_8472

IMG_8532

IMG_8502

IMG_8517

IMG_8536
(Michael Angel latex coat, vintage hat, MSGM floral boucle dress, Salvatore Ferragamo Vara pumps)

Emma Mulholland's "Tropical Rebel" collection was supposed to be for the Southern Hemisphere's current A/W 12.  That doesn't mean a jot in a country where cold hardly ever goes below 5 degrees celcius.  Therefore I'll happily take Mulholland's "wintry" garb and wear it here in London where her electric pink and turquoise blue shark's teeth print has been getting remarks from everyone that range from "Awesome!" to "O.M.G.! SHARKS!"  To-the-point and succinct reactions – that's exactly what you're after.  Kirsty Ward's beautiful A/W 12-3 necklace also slotted perfectly in with the sharks.  I'll be checking out her latest A/W 12-3 collection soon enough.

IMG_8619

IMG_8668

IMG_8638

IMG_8659

IMG_8681

IMG_8645
(Emma Mulholland denim jacket w/ leather detailing, Emma Mulholland shift dress, Kirsty Ward necklace, Miu Miu x Pop shoes)

1. Théa says:

I love your floral dress!
    Théa Unknown

2. Katie says:

those outfits are just amazing. you don’t even know how much i love them. wow.
    the first one is better, i guess.. but i’m not sure.
    oh you know, i’m also sick of people who talk about weather (and me of course) but here, in Europe weather sux so much and this make our moods worse, because… because… hello?! it’s summer and everyone would like to go out and enjoy the sun.. oh SUX.
    okay, i’m sorry. it shouldn’t be comment about weather but fashion.. again: I LOVE those outfits and i’d love to stole all your clothes ^_^
    xo

3. Domonique says:

The last Emma Mulholland dress is incredible, the print, the colour the cut…perfection!
    x

4. giboulee says:

Lovely hat! Is that a fabric tube smocked into shape?
    It’s the same on the other side of the channel, every time the weather sees me taking those brand new skirts out of my wardrobe, it turns windy and rainy on the spot.

5. Serdane says:

So nice print. It doesn’t need light from the sun to show the incredible shining power they give to the silhouette and all the things.

6. Tian says:

I love the outfits, especially the hat in the first one! I actually envy your weather, it’s been unnaturally hot where I am.

7. sophie says:

your hat is so cute!
    xoxo
    myveryownlookbook-sophie.blogspot.com

8. Chloe says:

Love the different textures!
    astylebyme@blogspot.co.uk

9. Liz says:

Super cute. Follow my blog and I’ll do the same :)

10. I like your colorful hat and dress!

11. You don’t know just how jealous I am right now that you’ve got some of the Emma Mulholland shark collection. I’m shark obsessed so have been drooling over those badboys for a while now. You look amazing!

12. BIG fan of Miss Mulholland, everything here just look so very lovely ^_^

13. Nathan Niche says:

yes the first latex coat still gets me all giddy!!
    xx nathan.niche
    check out my new coveted GIVENCHY A/W NOSE RING :)

14. Lea&Isabella says:

A MA Z I N G Stylings! we loove your necklace, your coat, but especially your dresses!!!!
    xoxo

15. Lea&Isabella says:

xoxo

16. Lea&Isabella says:

xoxo

17. myrtle says:

Love the whole shark outfit. jean jackets have yet to be attacked by the graphic print, can’t wait.

18. Love the shark print pieces. Super cute glitter flats.
    Christie x
    Dark Blue Stripes

19. really like this site actually I want to get more time to see it .
    I think if you write more original blogs like this you can improve the website

20. Deadly Bite says:

Your shark outfit is SO awesome! I love how you’ve incorporated the neckalce in it – it looks just perfect <3

21. maxine says:

where can i get the shark shift dress?

22. Mairanny says:

I love your outfit and I made a post about shark and I suggest your look! I post a Linking your blog!! My blog it’s from Brazil! If you want take a look >http://mairanny.blogspot.com/
    and I really love your blog!