>> I forgot to introduce you all to my new friend Jorge.  He hails from the Ciudadela market in Mexico City and comes from a friendly lady who wouldn't reveal her secret of gluing minuscule beads in intricate formations but did give me a discount so that I could proudly place Jorge on my crowded bureau.   He also is now perfectly at home alongside Venessa Arizaga's day of the dead skull adorned necklaces, which I got an introduction to when she did her trunk show at Liberty as well as this Christopher Shannon A/W 11 pom pom tassel shirt, dubbed my jazzy party shirt.  You know how every guy has a jazzy party shirt that's a little bit too shiny and often gets marred by numerous sweat patches after a wild night?  Well err… this is the antithesis to that.  With numerous collections up on Arizaga's e-shop, it's hard not to go there and want everything in sight with flashes of neon, macrame, cutesy but never twee charms all in harmony together in every single piece be it a chunky necklace or a delicate bracelet.  Jorge is having a blast hanging out with Arizaga's jewellery.  In fact, I might create some sort of a bust so that Jorge might wear them on his makeshift neck when I'm not.

IMG_0074

IMG_0113

IMG_0083

IMG_0119

IMG_0085

IMG_0122

IMG_0108

1. Jasmine says:

wow, love the vibrant colors. Jorge is a stunner

2. The Provoker says:

yes that shirt is all kinds of crazy! Love the texture and cultural/tribal/folk references in that shirt, fab-
    xx nathan.niche

3. Haha! Normally I am not a big fan of skulls, but these actually seem to make me happy with their quirky smiles :-) And respect to the woman that made the necklace and the person that made the skull: massive amount of work I guess! Have a nice evening! Best wishes, jadepillar.com

4. walda.m says:

Wow how innovative, the time it would take to make those pieces, i like the colour and textures.
    Appreciate it if you’d check out my blog: http://be-you-do-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

5. sophie says:

oh my god. this blouse is amazing!
    xoxo

6. Tara says:

Wow! That tassel shirt is something else! And Jorge is simply wonderful! I love intricate designs like these – they’re just so expressive and it’s almost as though you can see all the hard work and effort that has gone into creating every new piece.
    Best Wishes,
    Tara

7. Lilzeon says:

..but what will happen when the Aztec civilization will collapse? What will then happen to Jorge?? MAYDAY

8. Donna says:

these skulls are outstanding!

9. great post! it really inspired me a lot :)
    MI.NE
    Michelle Angeline

10. Anne Meyer says:

Wow! So creative and vibrant… :)

11. jessbuurman says:

This is very pretty picture lot of color are been used in this attraction of the picture also attractive

12. In love with this explosion of colour!
    raspberrydaze.blogspot.com

13. Frances says:

This is so beautiful and fun Susie! We’re glad that a couple of Venessas were able to meet handsome Jorge! :)