• Sasquatchfabrix S4 pyjama look
  • Pleats Please roses
  • Karaoke dunce cc @tommyton @Steve_Salter @junsukeyamasaki @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima
  • Karaoke Queens @mrstreetpeeper @rila_fukushima !!!
  • Hiding in plain sight @craigandkarl X @lespecs_eyewear #sakura

>> In the spirit of all things overdone, over the top, pile-it-on and stick-em-on today with the launch of Louise Gray's collection for Topshop, I had to post this picture of this DIY sticker clutch belonging to my sister Louisa Lau (who runs Lust and Found Magazine), which she carried with her to the Topshop party last night.  Some of the London folk will have seen it since she carried it around during the last London Fashion Week but it's always good to remind everyone of what a stupendously simple idea this is – take a clutch (hers is a cheapie ¬£8 ASOS one) and cover it with stickers – puffies, glitteries, gellies, flaties, felties – whatever you fancy.  Take every memory you've ever had of filling your sticker albums, decorating your A4 ring binders or exercise books and then lovingly apply them to a clutch.  An instant conversation starter.  A clever invitation to would-be friends and acquaintances to come and touch your clutch.  An economical and harmless bit of fun that perks up sales-bin-bottom accessories.  The plus points go on and on.  If you do hear a snigger from pee-wee-minded grown-ups, it's just because they haven't experienced the sensation of a clutch covered in googly eyes and Doraemon stickers.  Poor them, I say.

IMG_0585-19-53-33

1. I miss those puffy stickers. Are they still easy to find?! I’d love to dive into Etsy or Ebay and dig up some Lisa Frank goodies to put on say, a clear neon pink clutch or something similar. I love that you shared this, because now I’m not going to resist the urge to stickify any of my fashion apparatus anymore! :)
    Hannah

2. Tian says:

It’s absolutely adorable! I have a huge collection of stickers, haha.

3. Aurora P says:

That’s so cool and eclectic that I’m not sure if I could pull that off… but I bet you could!! :)

4. Tara says:

I love Louisa’s clutch! You’re absolutely right – it may be a novel idea, and a bit of a blast-from-the-past, but accessorising one’s accessories is most definitely the way to go.
    I really have been inspired to try something like this now… Paperchase sticker section – here I come!
    Best Wishes,
    Tara

5. eleanor says:

also put those eye sticker on anything and it becomes funny/cute – my friend used to take a pack everywhere to amuse himself. genius.

6. anne says:

I love that idea. maybe I will even steal it! :)

7. Clare K says:

Amazing! This brings back memories of bringing our sticker books out to the playground at lunchtime and engaging in some serious sticker swapping! Furries were the most coveted with the jelly ones close behind!

8. Maya says:

Too cute! I’m overly obsessed with stickers. I still have a drawer full of them…

9. Janice says:

This is too cute! Now I feel like going crazy with stickers!

10. so cute. and thanks for the information blog.

11. I must try that, it looks so cute and funny and aren’t we wearing clothes to make us happy, I think so :-)
    Is it okay, if I mention this story on my own (danish) blog, I just love the idea.
    Thanks for a great blog with lots and lots of inspiration.

12. Joanna says:

Ahh I saw pictures of it before somewhere on the internet and I was wondering who’s idea was it!

13. Do you know, it was over this very same sticker clutch that I bonded with Louisa at Fashion Week? I spotted that first, couldn’t help staring like a lunatic, and then decided I liked the person attached just as a much.
    Such a brilliantly simple idea too! I’m yet to try this with a clutch, but often adopt much the same approach with a great big pile of brooches and the neckline of an old tee or the lapels of a plain blazer. Instant jewel party!
    Briony xx

14. Kate says:

Reminds me of Christopher Kane SS12!!

15. Alice Carey says:

This looks so cute! I love to accessorize my outfits :) If you want some discounts on some great brands head to http://www.referr.co for all the latest fashion deals :)

16. Alice says:

This is an awesome idea and has made me feel all nostalgic thinking about my frantic sticker collecting days. Even now, I still can’t bring myself to throw away my sticker albums. Perhaps this would be a good use for them!
    Alice x

17. Sanne says:

Oh! I have to dig out my old sticker album from when I was ten. I actually now have to opportunity to make a *vintage sticker clutch*! I knew there had to be a reason why I hadn’t chucked them :D
    -Sanne

18. Eryn says:

Oh, I love it! I want one.

19. Eyespectacle says:

This reminds me of a real gem I found at Wilderness festival a few weeks ago, sticker-crazy sunglasses, check them out here http://www.eyespectacle.com/2012/08/with-stars-in-her-eyes.html

20. Susana says:

it’s adorable!!!

21. Duck says:

Oh Louisa how I J’ADORE YOUR CLUTCH. I want to make myself one too with Hello Kitty stickers, but then I hate copying people… Unless we can turn it into some kind of amazingly cool sticker-clutch club?

22. SURFACE SCAN says:

I’ll trade you two fuzzies for an oily…

23. Naomi says:

I love this idea! Will definitely be trying it out sometime. I must have my old collection stored away somewhere, time to ring up mum to uncover them in my old room! xx

24. Very nice strickers and thanks for sharing the blog.Keep on updating the blog.
    domy drewniane

25. Great idea—I’ve been wanting to give the Christopher Kane floral sticker dress a DIY try too, maybe I should start with this!
    xx
    Tiffany

26. Danyka says:

You see, this is why fashion is not mundane. We can only limit our idea of fashion by our notion of what it should be. What a novel idea!

27. Jenny says:

Reminds me of the sticker collection I had when I was little!

28. Enrique says:

I like it whenever people come together and share thoughts.

Great blog, keep it up!

29. click me says:

I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as
    no one else know such detailed about my trouble.
    You’re incredible! Thanks!

30. Ines says:

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask.

Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog post or
    vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I think
    we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free
    to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from
    you! Great blog by the way!

31. You’ve made some decent points there. I checked on the net for more
    information about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views
    on this website.