Picture this.  Me and a PR running around the tents at Somerset House chasing Minnie Mouse as she was skipping away, with her fierce minder, whilst yelling "Minnie!  Minnie!  Stop!!".  See, I told you I've been getting a lot of running in.  It could have been a weird dream, concocted after a night of watching Disney films but instead, this was full on reality.  Minnie Mouse did indeed drop by Somerset House for the launch of the 'Minnie Mouse Must Haves', created by London designers and the accompanying auction.  Finally, she stopped and was happy to give me a hug, a twirl and a few photo opps.  That has obviously made my week/month/possibly year.

IMG_4587

I was going to tell Minnie about the fact that I had temporarily nicked all the wonderful bits and pieces that the designers had created for her, to wear in a shoot for Grazia's chunky fashion special out now.  Alas, Minnie's minder said that she had to get back to her hotel room.  Presumably to rest, sort out a change of bloomers and possibly touch up her blue eyeshadow and mascara (or maybe those lashes are just naturally that curly).  Oh well, I'm sure she understands.  In any case, the pieces that have been inspired by Minnie are all up for auction so she'll have to say goodbye to her duds sooner or later.  Needless to say, I personally had a riot playing around with the auction items, especially the Michael van der Ham dress, the Richard Nicoll ear-shouldered dress, the Bunney pin badges and the Piers Atkinson hat.

Michael van der Ham sequinned dress, Piers Atkinson feathered hat:

IMG_1309

IMG_1362

Richard Nicoll tunic and polka dot trousers, Husam el Odeh hair bow, Hillier paperclip necklace:

IMG_1411

IMG_1825

IMG_1785

IMG_1856

IMG_1860

Tatty Devine necklace:

IMG_1909

Meadham Kirchhoff also got in on the Minnie action in their latest S/S 13 show, which was an ode to pure fantasy-level beauty, something that I've still got to digest after taking in all those meandering girls trussed up in bows, lace and jewels.  For now, their homage to Minnie Mouse can be seen in a signature Meadham Kirchhoff polka dot dress, a pair of red-embroidered bloomers, a grumpy looking Minnie on a t-shirt and a pair of padded edged white gloves.  Again, who knew that Madame de Pompadour and Minnie Mouse could go hand in hand together?

Meadham-kirchhoff-rtw-ss2013-details-01_130451364912
Meadham-kirchhoff-rtw-ss2013-details-02_130452586766

Meadham-kirchhoff-rtw-ss2013-details-22_130507454224
Meadham-kirchhoff-rtw-ss2013-details-37_130519913049

1. Tara says:

I can’t help but worry that I must be going a little bit doo-lally, due to the fact I quite seriously want pretty much all that I have seen in this post… Having the nickname “Arat” – hilarious backward play on “Tara”, ha ha… – means that I have always identified with the little rodent within me (because we all have a little Minnie, Maisie or Dangermouse within us) and this Minnie-inspired collection has just seemed to cement this.
    Best Wishes,
    Tara

2. karen says:

I saw all those pieces but lovely to see them on you. They look great. Lulu’s bags now up for auction on ebay.

3. Insomnia says:

Never too old to relieve that Disney dream <3

4. EUGENIA says:

MINNIE DOES NOT SEEM TO EVER LEAVE, WHICH IS GOOD:) I LOVE THE VERY OLD MINNIE/MICKEY VERSION THE MOST
    CHECK OUT MY PERSONAL STYLE BLOG:

5. Rosie says:

These are all fantastic, the Michael van der Ham dress is the best though. Not like a bit of embroidery with a double-layered skirt. I can’t believe it’s got the lowest bid so far!

6. Nancy says:

Everything is so cool!!! :D I love the gold headband.
    Minnie Mouse FTW Susie Bubble FTW
    -Nancy
    imartisticallychallenged.blogspot.com

7. malu says:

Lovely outfits!
    xx
    Discover my Stylish Confessions blog! ‚ô•
    Discover my Stylish Confessions blog! ‚ô•

8. Laura Harari says:

You killed it! These looks are beyond amazing. I’m onto the Minnie trend too…I blogged about her influence on fashion and shoes 2 weeks ago, would love for you to check it out: http://edgifyme.tumblr.com/post/30866972587/minnie-is-back
    Keep being your kooky self, you inspire me! xx
    Laura

9. The Provoker says:

I remember seeing some of the Minnie pieces around the halls of east wing thinking this is what Minnie would dress and wear for Fashion Week, maybe with a bit of Meadham Kirchhoff glam thrown in. I love the Piers hat you’re wearing, I remember how ADR just grabbed some from Pier’s stall cause she had no idea what to wear for the Krantzou show that day lol. You rocked the headpiece, and the Minnie wedge heels are a Disney dream come true! When you wore them, did you feel like you were in “the happiest place on earth”?

10. Ria says:

Freckin awesome! I can just see you chasing her down. You guys look adorable together.

11. Joy says:

You look amazing in Minnie gear!

12. Tanya says:

It’s genius! The first look is so stunning and breathtaking.
    I love your accessories.

13. Noe Farrell says:

Wow! I love the red dress with white dots; looks so beautiful with those yellow shoes. Very, very stunning in the white gloves. I’m just impressed with the outfit. Looks as an angel actually! I love it.

14. Sofia says:

Wow! This is all a bit too much for me, but I do like the cartoon dress, without the big ears on the shoulders that is :)

15. Sari Purdy says:

I love the first snap where she is with Minnie. dressing like Minnie really suits her. she looks great in those Minnie outfits. she looks great!

16. Edita says:

One can not only dress like Minnie but also carry that Minnie-like facial expression – more often than not that is enough to be compared to this Disney character, in my case at least.
    Having said that, what great dress/shoe/accessory interpretations I see here :) The spikey bow has to be a favourite! It would work so well with a Minnie-rocker look, had the spikes been silver and the bow black. Why did I just picture that? Now I want it.
    A very fresh take on a Disney classic :) Not everyone can wear these unusual designs like you can, Susie.
    Edita

17. I like those Minnie dresses. She looks great and like a cartoon herself. Nice pictures!

18. alex says:

I think that minnie mouse eye necklace is strangely something amazing. So childlike and but also like a crazy modern print that remind me of an illusion.
    astitchintherightdirection.com

19. POPTUCKSHOP says:

Nice to chat to you at Meadham as brief as it may have been! I wanted to rush about and absorb as many of the Meadham vibes as I could before they chucked me out! Seriously the most beautiful show I have ever witnessed, like I said in my post I feel kind of sorry for Ed and Ben because they make it harder and harder for themselves to produce a better collection each season, and yet somehow they still do! I didn’t think I could obsess over them any more!

20. torebki says:

Funny and oryginal :) I like it

21. pandora says:

22. I love Disney inspired clothing. You have an amazing collection of Minnie pieces.
    Christie x

23. This is very adorable and really creative. We love it! Great work!