• Fashion Revolution Day begins @fash_rev Will be asking throughout the day - who made your clothes?  Hope everyone joins in! #InsideOut (pic via @gettyfashion)
  • It was announced a while ago but wanted to say how happy I am to have been asked to select Dress of the Year 2013 at Fashion Museum in Bath. My choice was this @christopherkanestudio SS13 beauty.
  • Love this concertina beach scene print on @marios_official tote available at @therefineryhk now! #PMQIS
  • Congrats to my cousin @elizabethlauldn and her new shop @therefineryhk in the new PMQ building @PMQHKDesign #PMQIS much love for @BernstockSpeirs bunny ears!
  • Love that I always see the best pieces by Brit designers abroad @nicoll_studio @liger_hk

>> How to be do Fashion's Night Out at two different cities happening at the same time?  Why, have your mug plastered all over a window of a department store of course so that you're there in spirit, if not with physical presence.  This is a little late but I'm mega proud of this Lane Crawford mini-takeover so I thought I'd backtrack and explain why it is I was there two weeks ago.  Hong Kong had their first Fashion's Night Out, exclusively at Lane Crawford, the city's premier department store and whilst I couldn't be there in person because I was already in New York, I went over beforehand to style up a ton of mannequins so that the windows of the Lane Crawford Canton Road, IFC, Times Square and Beijing stores would have a bit of Style Bubble's imprint in the windows.  A ton of the blog's images made up the backdrop along with illustrations of me by the talented Lena Ker.  There was also a beauty window where the videos I did with Because magazine were used.

Cantonroad

CR3

Beauty

Beijing

IFC1

Ifc2

I'm a bit of a wannabe VM (visual merchandising) person given that I first got VM-happy at the tender age of 16 when I did a work experience stint at Habitat, using crockery, cushions and candles to make pretty displays.  It's got to be said that it hardly feels like work when you're running around a supremely well-stocked department store like Lane Crawford, grabbing Givenchy, Lanvin and Stella McCartney off the racks.  It's shopping without the post credit-card-glut guilt.  Shamelessly I got a little giddy when customers passed by the mannequins and proceeded to want to buy things off the dummy, considering there are so many layers to decipher.  It's also extremely useful to meticulously go through collections in the stores and get to know the product at hand.  Now I keep getting flashes in my head of every single item from labels like Theory, Diane von Furstenberg and Thakoon.  There are clearly too many pieces loaded up on these mannequins to list out individually but gold starred items include a bright neon orange leather jacket by Theory (which seems very un-Theory), Toga sweaters, a Middle Ages printed skirt from Carven,  Opening Ceremony x Adidas clear jelly brogues, a Phillip Lim orange shearling collared jacket, a Kenzo waffle knit jumper, a Sacai scarf-print skirt and a Preen lace skirt.  I also chose two bags by Proenza Schouler and Phillip Lim for a giveaway on Lane Crawford's Facebook page so congrats to whoever those lucky sods are…

IMG_0501

IMG_0528
IMG_1195

IMG_0568

IMG_1196
IMG_1209

Susie1-2
Susie1

FNO isn't FNO of course without a charity t-shirt and sadly there are always a mound of really ropey ones.  Lane Crawford though has got the likes of Lanvin, Givenchy and Stella McCartney to do tees that are miles better than the norm.

Susie1-5
Susie1-7

1. Robin says:

Love the outfits and colors, and how cool that you were able to be a part of Hong Kong’s first FNO. Congrats!

2. Esmi says:

WoW! It`s wonderful.

3. Nancy says:

Congrats! That is so cool :D and I want that t-shirt! haha
    -Nancy

4. Tara says:

You did an absolutely fantastic job, Susie! My next point may sound a bit weird but I shall write it anyway: the looks you produced remind me of onions(!) in the sense that there are so many thin, rather, flimsy layers to an onion but when put together they create something so potent, solid and substantial.
    Best Wishes,
    Tara

5. Emanuel I. says:

Just gorgeous.
    Loe it!
    Congrats dear Sussie.
    :D

6. I love your blog!!!! Beautiful !!!
    I think you would like mine
    Tell me what you think

7. The Provoker says:

Ah! so that’s what you were doing in HK! So insane you did all that, congrats! WOW! I wanted that 3.1 Phillip Lim Mini Pashli in white & PVC but they didn’t have it here, you were prob holding the same one I did back in HK lol! Such a sick display I adore it. This is beyond! Oh, do check out my take on a Neo-Amish look, a potential pre-LFW ensemble?
    xx nathan.niche

8. Hang says:

it’s beautiful!

9. Soili says:

Dear Susie, you’re fantastic! Come and visit us in Padua, Italy … you can find the largest selection of Japanese designers in Europe! Please consider yourself most welcome as our guest!

10. Initially l though that Japaneses only knew how to invent machines and such like stuffs but hey they have proven me wrong. They design clothes as well kudos dears and let the sky be your limit.

11. Thumbs up these are all pretty l love them especially the dresses they have a feminine touch on them. The colors you used favor any skin color and are very pretty.

12. Superb! When it comes to fashion, I really like this site…

13. Sari Purdy says:

Exceptional designs. I love them.

14. Ana Corbalan says:

Hello Susannah
    Oh golly, I think this is probably my favourite department store collab you’ve done so far and seeing that I’m “nearly” probably old enough to be your mum,I have to say “I’m so proud of you and how far you’ve come in such a relatively short period of time. Well done Susie! Fantastica!

15. Noe Farrell says:

Looks really pretty. You are really great designers and how I wish to meet you in person. You seem to be having quite an admirable, decent fashion flares I really would die to! Thanks a lot for such an insightful post. It is really informative, keep up!

16. RL says:

is that a print-on-the-outside Barbour jacket the mannequin on the far left in the first picture is wearing?????? IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND IT ONLINE?

17. Braces says:

That’s amazing and looks beautiful. The outfits indeed can make the personality more pleasant. The picture uploaded are awesome to watch the new fashion