>> I hate regurgitating news stories but when you're bored stiff by most of the "fashion films" that comes flooding into your inbox, and one comes in that actually sustains your attention for more than thirty seconds, you have to shout "Hurrah!".  Chanel has launched its Inside CHANEL archive beginning with a film telling the tale of No.5, its iconic perfume.  It's nice to be served a bit of information with concise editing and a point to be made.  No faffing about with airy fairy narratives, long and lustful stares from models forced to act and vanity filmmaking by photographers.  In particular, its use of imagery, which has been carefully sourced, spliced together and animated, is incredibly engaging and makes you linger on until the very end.  Well done to whatever creative agency or in-house team came up with the film and I do will follow the rest of the Inside CHANEL film series.  That would be a first for me, to follow any episodic film series produced by a fashion house.  That's really saying something.

Insidechanel2

Insidechanel11

Insidechanel12

Insidechanel13

Insidechanel14

Insidechanel15

1. Sarah says:

I love it! Chanel No5 is the epitome of the perfect female fragrance and it’s really nice to hear the story behind it. I for one, will always have a bottle in my collection. The pure perfume is exquisite and the eau de toilette a lighter affair but still with that elegant mystique but apparently the EDP wasn’t concocted till ages after the original Parfum and EDT. x

2. Tian says:

Stories of Coco Chanel have always fascinated me! It’s amazing how Chanel No. 5 has been so popular to today.

3. Tara says:

A truly beautiful video – it certainly does make a change from, like you said, the habitual advertising campaigns with waif-like, slightly stiff models posing gratuitously or arbitrary “narratives”.
    I don’t think there was a moment – not one that I can remember, anyway – in which my concentration lingered from the video or that iconic, little perfume bottle.
    Simply superb – gosh, look at me gushing over a perfume! But then again, it is Chanel No. 5…
    Best Wishes,
    Tara

4. Wrem says:

OMG, I just watch it over and over and over again.

5. Coco Chanel is far beyond just a fashion icon. She should be in history books all over the world.
    Greetings from Santiago, Chile.
    Twitter: @cristianpavezd
    Facebook: http://on.fb.me/uywe6X

6. Sara says:

well, i must say that was stimulating!

7. Suzi says:

I love this post Susie! Chanel no.5 is my preferred fragrance for evening.
    Suzi x

8. EllynSheyr says:

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

9. Ana says:

I expected something completely different and, even though I expected it to be good, I didn’t expect it to be this good!

10. Nina says:

Chanel is amazing and Karl makes sure that the brand is always ahead of everyone else just lika Madame Chanel herself.
    I love everything Chanel!

11. Lovely post! It is way beyond style.

12. Sari Purdy says:

I am held captive of this mesmerizing story behind the perfect female fragrance. I love every bit of it.

13. Noe Farrell says:

I love this and it is for sure what I do when I’m bored! i love stiffing by most of the “fashion films and it makes me feel better. Thanks for sharing such with us. I loved the video indeed, so fascinating!

14. I love that video. It is really charming and makes my day become alive again; very beautiful site with cute arts. I love your contents and collection.

15. Sóley says:

I have to agree with Ana (above) I really didn’t expect the video to be quite this good and I look forward to seeing more. I love the story of the n¬∞5, the shape of the bottle and the name, so classic and beautiful. BUT I never liked the scent even though I always wanted to. I just do not like jasmine. Actually, I hate jasmine. Coco Mademoiselle however, is my love when it comes to perfumes.

16. I love soft-scented perfumes especialy those from Paris. They keep me fresh and moist all day long. Thanks to coco channel for keeping us alert on the brands.
    Coco Channel took me away though I previously used to watch channel 7. I find Coco full of good and new educating stuff.
    Nice talk, keep up!

17. Great fashion design! They very attractive and colourful.Not to mention the elegance.I really love what you have posted here!

18. kate toon says:

I also use perfume but never thought like that. The video tells a lot and it’s really change my view about perfume. Loved it, tomorrow will me different.