IMG_9011
IMG_9055
(All attire by Nike)

I know I've mentioned this before on the blog but I thought I should make it official with some image proof and pledge that I'm not actually wearing Nike running gear just to look cute and sporty in it because I am running a half marathon next week in San Francisco as part of Nike's Women's Marathon 2012.  I've just set up a Just Giving page to raise money for Breast Cancer Campaign for reasons that I've said below.  I know it's very late in the day but I hope you guys can support me with as little or as much as you want to give…. here's my campaign blurb!

For those of you that know me, I'm not exactly the most active person.  I'm the queen of couch olympics – seeing how many hours I can watch tennis for, how many episodes of Game of Thrones I can squeeze into a weekend and getting breathless catching up on Great British Bake Off.  That's hard work.

I've therefore committed myself to running the Nike Women's Marathon, doing the half marathon in San Francisco on October 14th just to see whether I can push myself off the couch and on to the road.  The most I've ever done prior to training for this is random 2k once in a blue moon or running into fashion shows because I'm inevitably late so to say this is a challenge would be an understatement.

I also didn't realise I'd be setting myself up for training during fashion weeks in New York, London, Milan and Paris during which I did some gruelling sessions in between shows, writing up, getting no sleep and maybe a few parties.  Has anyone tried running along the Seine at 9pm at night?  You just get jeers and bemused looks from drunks, kids and Parisians who don't believe in exercise.

I've just stupidly set up my Just Giving page very late in the day, so the additional challenge now will be to see how much money I can raise in the shortest amount of time.

Oh, and the reason why I'm running for Breast Cancer Campaign?  My mother recently was diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently receiving treatment.  I haven't physically been there for her throughout the entire ordeal so hopefully this will be a small way of making up for it.  I think she may have burst out laughing when she heard I was running 20km.  Actually, my whole family did…

Therefore please give as much or as little as you can!  Anything is appreciated especially at such short notice!

399718_444446762260452_349370680_n
423769_450592958312499_2103107664_n

Racecourse

340132_451700841535044_1309664136_o

1. Sarah says:

Best of luck Susie, I’m sure you’ll smash it as you are dedicated to everything you do. My dad was diagnosed with cancer two weeks ago, and I will be doing some blog-related fundraising for Macmillan, so this is also a cause close to my own heart.
    X

2. Agnesiga says:

You go, Susie!!!! Cheers to you and your strength! All the best for your mum.

3. erika says:

nice shoes!
    Lens&anythingElse

4. Gre look!
    Have a good day,
    Miriam
    Fashion Crazy Ball and My Facebook Page

5. duckalicious says:

whoa! I’m not even at 10 km yet (and not looking as stylish most of the time :D), so 20 seems absolutely fantastic. sending best wishes for your mom, I hope she recovers asap.

6. EUGENIA says:

OH:( GOOD LUCK TO YOUR MOM, IM SURE SHE WILL BE OK. AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU, YOU CAN DO IT!
    PERSONAL STYLE | FASHION NEWS | COOL HUNTING | RUSSIAN AND HUNGARIAN FASHION SCENE :

7. Jessica says:

Good luck to your Mum, I hope the treatment goes well.

8. Alexandra says:

Interesting blog! I’m following!
    Please visit my new blog:

9. SJP says:

Good luck Susie! I just ran my second half marathon last weekend – it’s a killer but if you take it easy and listen to some decent music you should be fine : )

10. Tara says:

Best, best, best of luck Susie! I may have mentioned this before, but I shall say it again: bloggers like you are made of incredibly stern stuff, so you can absolutely conquer this marathon.
    I am ever so sorry to hear about your mother – I wish her all the best, and am sure that she can also conquer her illness.
    Best Wishes,
    Tara

11. Robin says:

I’m so sorry for your mother… My mother was also diagnosed with breast cancer one and a half year ago, but luckily she’s fine now.
    I wish you and her all the best!

12. Kit says:

Wish you all the best Susie, be sure to train properly cos after 6 miles, that’s when you gonna struggle, doing a lot of thinking I mean a lot of thinking questioning yourself like ‘why am I doing this?’.
    Be sure to load some carbs the night before, eat little in the morning to avoid feeling heavy, and chuck in some jelly babies in your pocket, you will need it.

13. Stella says:

Cheers to her strength. Good luck to you and your family.

14. I wish all the best Susie. Plus, I really like your Nike running gear. It is so pretty.

15. Sari Purdy says:

The best of luck. Go Susie. You will make it.

16. Noe Farrell says:

Keep up the pot boiling cutie; you look amazing indeed!

17. Bravo!!! Amazing green printed running attire. I love it, keep going pretty!

18. NELM says:

fuckfuckfuckfuck U WERE IN MY CITY WHY DIDN’T I LOOK AT THIS POST SOONER AUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    sigh.