• Fashion Revolution Day begins @fash_rev Will be asking throughout the day - who made your clothes?  Hope everyone joins in! #InsideOut (pic via @gettyfashion)
  • It was announced a while ago but wanted to say how happy I am to have been asked to select Dress of the Year 2013 at Fashion Museum in Bath. My choice was this @christopherkanestudio SS13 beauty.
  • Love this concertina beach scene print on @marios_official tote available at @therefineryhk now! #PMQIS
  • Congrats to my cousin @elizabethlauldn and her new shop @therefineryhk in the new PMQ building @PMQHKDesign #PMQIS much love for @BernstockSpeirs bunny ears!
  • Love that I always see the best pieces by Brit designers abroad @nicoll_studio @liger_hk

>> Schlep is the operative word for my general movement right now a week on after the run of my life as a) my thighs still feel a bit wrong and b) I'm travelling around Asia right now (Shanghai now, Tokyo next), which isn't aiding reccuperation.  A quick glance at Myrza de Muynck's latest S/S 13 collection and I can't think of anything better to wear for all that "schlepping", a word that conjures up walking around with minimum movement and maximum comfort – like a sloth in a cute outfit.  Not that I'm implying there's anything sloth-like about the actual clothes.  I've spoken of De Muynck's delicate take on the classic but slightly tainted shell suit (or basically a light tracksuit if you're not from the UK) before and now what with all the talk whirring around about the mind boggling accusations levied against Jimmy Saville, the shell suit has an even more soiled reputation than ever before.  Still, de Muynck can hold her head up high.  She's done it proud by rendering it in fabrics and colours that you wouldn't expect on this potentially cheesy two-piece, which has become something of a signature for de Muynck.  However for S/S 13, she's toned down the naive embroidery and the homespun stitching and instead makes us chuckle with a reference to Regina George's boob circle cut-out shirt in Mean Girls.  It's hard to say whether it was intentional or not but if a fictional high school can make boob cut-out tees happen, I'm sure that the reverse – circular boob applique on trackie jackets and sleevless tops could have their own following.

Anything drawing attention to my ironboard chest is usually refused at point blank but here the jackets and tops are almost too innocent in their approach and overall styling that I doubt people would bat an eyelid if you were to "schlep" around the streets in these bow-addled and pastel-infused shellsuits.  Speaking of which, the numerous bows placed at the all-important elasticated waistband and that faded check pattern do much to soften the looks, detracting from the more obvious boob pun that onlookers would have a field day with.  I especially love the use of grey and baby pink that reminds me of a soft toy elephant that I once had.  Nostalgia is fundamental to the appeal of de Muynck's work and even now after the battering that the shell suit is getting, these still look like the perfect clothes to schlep happily around town in.

Mzm1

Mzm10

Mzm11

Mzm12

Mzm13

1. Liz says:

love! very creative!
    doing a giveaway on my blog!

2. Anna says:

the beading on these are very interesting, and I love the messyish lines of them.

3. Very interesting idea. I love that you show pieces on models of all ages. Fashion knows no age limit!
    Love, Jamie Herzlinger

4. Miss Coco says:

Me encanta el toque del lazito!!

5. Joanne says:

fantastic bead work! unique and stylish!
    xx Joanne
    Discover & follow fabulous fashion bloggers. – StyleHills.com

6. This is la gazette du mauvais gout material, those boob circles are like exposed nursing pads! Reminds me of sewing class, when we had a pile of ugly fabric to pratice our stitching on.
    I’ll stop now, sorry. I just don’t get this!

7. Daywalker says:

Loving that cropped jacket, but like the above commenter said, nursing pads! those were my first thoughts apart from that though, love the beading and fabric combos. Also love that one model is older.

8. susie, r u coming to seoul too?

9. Jessica says:

Mmmm they do look comfy!
    The colour palette and shapes are fantastic and really wearable.
    The Lovelorn

10. Kim says:

I love these! The stitch work is absolutely awesome!
    fashionlovesdetroit.blogspot.com

11. CafNav says:

Subtle. Bold. Romantic and I love it.

12. Luana says:

Really beautiful !!
    I loved the pictures <3
    I'm posting accessories from Los Angeles on my blog!
    Take a look!

13. Lynkez says:

I love schlep suits especially when going to sand dune at the beach. The first picture looks stunning with the colours of the pants and top matched with shoes. So lovely indeed. Keep posting!

14. I actually like the schlep suit designs! You are a great person Susie, after that run; you actually decided not to rest! Nice job Susie! Keep on keeping on.

15. Sari Purdy says:

Very simple but catchy designs! Nice one!

16. Beautiful fashion! I love the designs, they look so clean and cool!

17. Noe Farrell says:

Wow! I love the collection. Indeed fashion knows no age, even great grandpa and grandma will fit on the match! Very charming and beautiful looks, keep up the creativity!

18. A lot of creativity and talented hands here. I love the show, looks so beautiful, unique and cool, keep up the good work!

19. Stella says:

Love all the designs. Unique and comfy ones. Great creativity.

20. Devon says:

Shell suits usually remind me of Jeremy Scott, for whatever reason. That, or my aunt during her power walking phase. Her’s were magenta, and she had matching lipstick – those were the days!
    This collection has a ‘homespun’ feel about it that separates it from the traditional sporty suits – the beading detail is an interesting touch -

21. I like this lady, and this dress was a steal. It is “simple elegance” New color block with the wrap style. Very nice and the price was the other blessing.