>>  There’s a new entry to add to the folder in my Top of the Pops database of noises alongside the sound of bubble wrap popping and crusty bread breaking in my hands.  The sound of Herm√®s silk twill with its strong diagonal weave flapping about in the wind.  Compared with the other lightweight silk scarves, which I own, the Hermès scarf announces its presence with its decible levels, when met with even a slight breeze.  Glorious sunshine and this aforementioned breeze has swept its way over London for the bank holiday weekend and so I thought this would be a good opportunity to add a final addendum to the, mammoth post, documenting the journey I took to Lyon to discover the origins of how an Hermès silk scarf is made.

I mentioned in the concluding paragraphs that the process of making the Hermès silk scarf, from start to finish was so seductive, that I was prompted to go and sully the Sloane Street store and pick out a fresh S/S 13 design 90cm x 90cm.  The sales assistant twigged, who I was and said “I knew you would go for that one!” when I picked out the luminous lime green-based fleuri de Provence design made up in all the sorts of shades, which show up best in the sunshine.  I didn’t really need the affirmation.  When in doubt, I always go for the pattern or print that contains as many colours as possible.  All the better to match up with the cacophony going on in my wardrobe.  I’m not as skilled as the bevy of Hermès scarf experts, who are imbued with 1001 ways of wearing a 90x90cm scarf, which is why I’m really looking forward to the scarf tying app that Hermès will be releasing shortly.  I find that pairing the scarf up with a cap, a belt, a necklace or any device for its corners to latch on to gives this humble square an infinite versatility, which ensures hours of fun.

P.S. Tomorrow is the last day of the Hermès Festival des Mètiers exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery if you’re stuck for a bank holiday bit of activity.

IMG_1132

IMG_1270

IMG_1291

IMG_1286With Lou Dalton neon harness

IMG_1147

IMG_1193

IMG_1196
Worn with vintage palm tree print jacket, Simone Rocha neon embroidered skirt, Nicholas Kirkwood sandals and Karen Walker sunglasses

1. Joana says:

You know you’re a genius right? The sound and the colours, such a beautiful scarf all around.
    xo Joana
    Grow In Fashion

2. Lois says:

The intricate patterning is truly beautiful

3. Still a very nice look, with a combination of colors very successful.
    Love, unicorns and glitter on you. <3
    Florian,

4. Putri Soe says:

I love the way you’re wearing it on your hat! Super creative.
    Cheers from Jakarta,
    SUPERNICE

5. wow, thats pretty amazing, i have to use some of this ways to wear it <3

6. Kb says:

That design is perfect for you! I loved watching the live demo at the Saatchi gallery, it’s amazing how each can look in all the different colourways. I’d love to save up for one eventually!

7. sassyshann says:

Those colors are gorgeous together.
    sassyshann

8. INTIRA says:

So unique Susie..Love the colors of your look.It’s amazing :)xoxo

9. MCarmen says:

Amazing Scarve and pics!
    kisses
    MCarmen
    MyEmptyBag

10. Royal Wang says:

Every time i read your post or subscribe your blog i feel i am crying,so impressing so unique,like a fashion industry magazine.I also write blog i wish mine is as awesome as yours,not mine is not,but i will not give up,keep doing what i wanna do,and learn from you,you are my byword.

11. Olivia says:

You’re so brave with your style thats what I love about you, love the scarf its lovely xx
    fancy checking out my new-ish blog?

12. The Provoker says:

I LOVE the Simone Rocha skirt! I’m so sad their brogues from SS13 were never put into production :( They were so cool!
    xx The Provoker

13. Cassandra says:

The prints are beautiful! I really like the different way you style it! :D
    Sending you loads of love ‚ô•‚ô•‚ô• See you over at BACKTOFIVE !

14. Denisa says:

Really nice and perfect colors. Have a great day.

15. Seren Morris says:

I love your style, it’s so unique! You’re very talented, not many people can pull off patterns like you do!
    sporadicallystylish.blogspot.com

16. Jana H. says:

Hi there! You might not know my blog, that’s totally fine, but you know what I’m doing at the time?? I’m learning how to make my clothes on my own. My goal is to design stuff for girls and women, I love fabric, and scarves.
    I was really thinking about making myself a blouse out of two scarves. Like your post and photos very much. It’s always my fav part, you posing with your “ideas”.
    Great work.
    Jana

17. McKenzie says:

I love all the many colours too! I like how you can incorporate the scarf in so many ways :)