• #insideout oi oi @cosstores and @currentelliott - who made your clothes??? @fash_rev
  • Last @designerjumble outfit of the day - @saundersstudio jacket, Betty Jackson jacket, Antithesis shirt, @fromsomewhereuk top, Loewe skirt, Luella bag
  • More brilliant @designerjumble pieces @prada top and skirt, Antony Price parachute dress @rupertsanderson shoes
  • Made In Britain pieces by @jameslonglondon and @topshop Who made your clothes? #InsideOut @fash_rev
  • Amazing pieces from a 1,500 collection of Hannalore Smart, widow of Circus King Billy Smart Jr... Alaia,  Gaultier, Comme, Issey Miyake, Prada... All going into @designerjumble soon with some on auction!! Gaultier corset, vintage customised jeans, Prada shoes, CdG skirt - very Meadham Kirchhoff SS13!

>> It's rare that I'd ever post about the same collection twice within a month but my love for Romance was Born's Mushroom Magic collection has proved enduring, fed by a neverending trail of inspiring imagery that definitely augments my own magic mushroom ride experience of the show, where creative lighting meant my own photographs were a little on the haphazard/shady side.  Sydney-based photographer Dan Boud comes to the rescue though with his extensive backstage photography portfolio of the show, where the snap, crackle and pop of the clothes, with all its masterful candy-hued embellishment can really be seen properly and where you can also relive the show atmospherics of Val Garland's extraordinary make-up and Alan White's mushroom wigs.  Interspersed amongst this colourful cacophony are additional up-close images of Brisbane-based artist Pip & Pop aka Tanya Schultz' sugar sculpture set, which she created for the show out of 500kg of sugar and a whole host of other magical kitsch ingredients.  Fortunately for the purposes of feeding my brain, Romance was Born's show isn't a one-night-only affair.  It lives on.  And having just received a lookbook with a tasty personal order form attached to it, I'm deciding whether a ushroom Day Coat", a "Miss Belle Dress" or a "Crescent Crop Top" are things that will radically amplify my wardrobe, so that hopefully the magic mushroom ride continues on.

Rwbdb1

1034715

Rwbdb9

Romance-Was-Born-MBFWA-2013-234

1034713

Rwbdb10

Romance-Was-Born-MBFWA-2013-407
Romance was Born backstage photography by Dan Boud, collages created by Simone Mandl using Dan Boud's imagery.  Photography of Pip and Pop set by Tanya Schultz for Dazed Digital

1. WOWS says:

Stunning!!!
    Don’t miss today my Green&Purple Tartan Suit….with an Amazing Python Clutch!!!.
    Kisses from
    Win an ARMANI bag !!! – Worldwide Giveaway

2. jean cave says:

Russel Brand said visiting Sydney was like being hit with a rainbow.
    Could this happen anywhere else?
    I love the flared trousers over frilly net-anklets.

It’s got to be said that Romance was Born are anomalies in Sydney’s fashion scene… but yes, colours are definitely more saturated down under. It’s that super strong sunshine…

4. Lydia says:

I love how far they have taken this, amazing! I really love the makeup, those wee pom poms! So cute, cool you are reporting on brands down under! http://www.herlux.blogspot.com

5. OMG there is so much IN their designs. Rumor has it that the greatest creative geniuses create their stuff under some kind of influence. That is how alice in wonderland has been written (as I said, rumor has it). Now i must say that i thought i had some space cake this morning when i saw your post! but no, it is totally real, my brain didn’t deceive me or was under any kind of influence (can’t image what that effect must be like). love it that they take the complete pastel colored trend to a whole other level. i dig it, i love it, completely into it and checking it out right now

6. The Provoker says:

The hair and the styling is genius. I love a transporting collection and I’m ready to delve into her world. The glittery cosmetics are very fun too.
    xx The Provoker

7. Kirbybee says:

Yes, they will radically amplify your wardrobe. Romance was Born are the raddest. Loved the collection, one of my faves from Sydney.
    xx

8. Wow! Love the make up! It is so dreamy, and full of wonderful details; the little flowes, the shinny touch of the glitter in arms and cheeks…! Thanks for sharing!
    whenaudreymetdarcy.blogspot.com

9. wow, those images are just fabulous, so bright and inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

10. LM Florian says:

Very good post !
    Love, unicorns and glitter on you. <3
    Florian,

11. Wow amazing and the styling is perfection.

12. Wow- this is art. Love those wigs!;
    thelaststraggler.wordpress.com

13. Very nice colorful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

14. Style is... says:

Amazing! love the colours, the prints, the styling.

15. Francesca says:

now I look at the collection like this, it’s pretty wonderful!
    I can totally see you wearing the clothes too :-)
    xo

16. Sue Fallon says:

Superlative and innovative looks and collection – Love it… makes everything else seem flat and colourless.

17. Chloe says:

This made me emotional how beautiful it was. I’ve never seen this designer before. Shame on me!

18. Alessia says:

Amazing pictures and colors!!!
    check http://www.lacrom.com/ for lots of accessories!!!