>> I'm not going to lie.  There are times when I will sulk an evening off because I've missed out on a score on eBay.  Normally that score revolves around past season Miu Miu.  My top Miu Miu targets at the moment are anything from the scuba lattice cut-out collection of A/W 08, anything bird/cat/naked woman printed from that over-blogger and over-loved S/S 10 collection and a knitted body or bloomer short from the S/S 07 collection.  I've rinsed out the scratchy textures in beige and pepto bismol pink of A/W 07 so that box is duly ticked.  It's safe to say that Miu Miu along with big sister Prada instills a collector's urge in me.  Their time period might be instantly recognisable to the hardcore fashion person but their appeal is ever lasting.  Not in that boring "Oh it's a timeless classic!" kind of way.  No, Miu Miu does timeless oddity – the sort that you don't tire of and the why I'm constantly hunting for pieces that have made significant indents on my brain.

This latest feature archive shoot entitled 'The Miu Age" from Dazed & Confused's August issue (with some extra shots on Dazed Digital) isn't going to help that addiction.  Dazed & Confused have always excelled at reminding people of the past with their archive pages of long forgotten designers but fashion director Robbie Spencer has done something extra special with Miu Miu's archive from the last decade (the label began in 1993 but it's safe to say their directional prowess didn't really kick in until later).  Shot by Ben Toms and styled by Spencer, the 16-page editorial is an ever-pertinent reminder of how pervasive Miu Miu is – new or old, brimming with ideas that could still be exploited today by Miuccia to great effect.  It says something when recycled ideas in a collection are still hugely palatable.  I fully expect to STILL be loving the Olive Oyl polka dots of this season in a few years time and if anything, my appreciation will only become stronger in ardour.

1042156Vlada wears satin gabardine dress, jersey overalls and knit cap from AW08

1042163Anne-Catherine wears burgundy blouson with patch insert, cotton sweater, burgundy pleated skirt, red knit belt, fantasy plex brooches and red plex headband from SS05

1042150Irene wears orange wool dress with metal embroidered flowers and bag from AW11

1042148Jamily wears crepe dress with mink shoulders and sequin swallows from AW11

1042153Jamily wears mosaic cameo top and mosaic patch skirt with attached black overskirt from SS09

1042158Irene wears printed candy silk dress from SS10

1042160Anne-Catherine wears nylon sweater and skirt in camel colour from AW07

1042161Vlada wears double wool coat with glass beading embellishment and astrakhan collar with taffeta skirt and scarf from AW13

1042149Anne-Catherine wears suede patchwork skirt with cashmere jumper and cotton shirt from AW05

1042154Irene wears jacquard argyle yellow top, pink coat and orange skirt with camel wool socks from AW07

1042151Vlada wears silk patterned kimono top and skirt from SS03

1042155Delfine wears nude and blush pink wool dress with crystal embroideries, bra and socks from AW09

1042162Vlada wears tweed and fur dress with coyote stole from AW09

Photography Ben Toms, Styling Robbie Spencer, Film Amy Gwatkin

Speaking of which, it does make it easier to go on an archive Miu Miu hunt when their distribution is such that pieces always pop up on eBay as well as the growing used designer site Vestiaire Collective sometime, somehow.  A few of the pieces featured in the shoot above are currently on eBay should you wish to relive those seasons.  At the very least, the hunt isn't as difficult as say, S/S 03 Balenciaga.  That's another sulking matter altogether.

Miu Miu

1. Nerza says:

I love miu miu so much!
    Awesome post, as always!
    PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE MY “SOLE”mate, click the martofchina link on this NEW BLOG post

2. chrissen says:

Love these images, thanks for sharing;0
    fashion-loves-music.blogspot.com/

3. Sasha says:

Love these images. Miu Miu is always so cute
    obsedeepalamode.blogspot.co.uk

4. jay says:

The problem with eBay,when it comes to pieces from the kind of collections you mention above,is verifying their authenticity. Never had a problem with that?

5. WOWS says:

Awesome Miu Miu selection!
    Kisses from
    http://www.withorwithoutshoes.com – My Bloglovin
    Today I show you a super Comfy look….with accesories playing a main role.

6. Rena says:

This is the perfect entertainment for an evening to source on eBay Рand Miu Miu is the best choice! For me it´s sometimes necessary to do the same, although I don´t searching for Miu Miu, I like it to look for the perfect handbag ;)
    Like the photos in the post so much, such old great style makes me happy!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

7. I’ve never been into eBay, am I really missing out? How can you tell if the quality of the clothes is good? I’m too scared to try. I’ve been disappointed so many times after buying things online so I try to be careful now… I usually only buy from brands I know and love. And about Miu Miu, I love Miu Miu so much so thank you for posting this. Even though I can’t afford any of the clothes, it’s such an inspiration and it’s just nice to look at beautiful things, isn’t it?

8. Michelle says:

I feel the same way! I’m always scouring EBay for Miu Miu. I managed to score a fantastic pair of Miu Miu clogs but can’t for the life of me find the season they’re from!

9. Ida says:

I absolutely adore this post but isn’t the orange dress from aw 10?

10. Nicola says:

Loving the vintage feel to the collection and images.

11. Jana H. says:

Thank you. I like some of the pieces very much, and most of the pictures are great to, the models are not that interesting for my personal taste, but it doesn’t really matter.
    And te Ebay idea is not bad at all, should try it some time.
    Jana H

12. The Provoker says:

I’m so glad you too are always on a constant hunt for old miu mius and pra pras, lurved their older seasoned stuff and I love how you put it as timeless oddities rather than timeless classics which to me doesn’t seem that worth investing in.

13. INTIZ says:

Great post Susie. I love it. Never buy anything from EBay, but very interesting piece you have found :)xo

14. A very nice post.
    Love, unicorns and glitter on you. <3
    Florian,

15. Many thanks, Susie. Miu Miu keeps our fashion hearts fluttering.
    Vestiaire Collective